Looking For Advice On Bulking Up help me plz

ThatSkinnyGuy

hey folks im new to this site and hoping i can get some advice on whats the best way to bulk up and how do i go about turning myself from a SkinnyDude into some1 that looks healthier and actually has some mass on my body im 6,3 and in my eyes seriously under weight for my height im about 140pounds soaking wet and been like this ever since i can remember
how can i go about making the change and actually get some more meat on my bones

any help would be appreciated

you need to do a very basic lifting program. lift strong beginner 5x5.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...D--sXHmMtWOQ6DaPg&sig2=qz8aQkEoQNWa5yUCPeirTQ No high rep work and no more than 3 cardio days a week (playing basket ball or any other active sport counts.) the basics would be to increase your intake by 500 to 1000 calories a day include a post work out shake with whey protein. and a casein protein shake before you sleep. if you have a hard time eating more you can increase your b12 intake it will help boost your appetite a little. Others here can give you alot more diet info and details.

Compound movements to start. squats, shoulder presses, barbell rows,
dead lifts, barbell chest exercises, barbell arm movements and
3500-4000 calories per day.
Check the diet and training forum for specifics... ask around for what
you don't know. good luck

If I were to give you 10lbs of clay and ask you to make me a pot, what is the heaviest pot you could make? 10lbs right? If I wanted a 15lb clay pot, I would have to give you more clay correct?

Body weight is the same way. Muscle are naturally going to weigh more when they get bigger. And in order to get bigger they are going to have to have a surplus amount of calories coming in for recovery and growth.

Unfortunately, many people hear the saying "increase your calories to grow" and it translates into "eat junk food and empty calories from fast food". Which will cause you to grow. Around the midsection. Increasing the calories is most important but try to make sure you are doing so in a way that most of them are coming from good clean sources. Avoid heavily processed foods or greasy (fried) items. While you can't completely eliminate them from your diet, try to limit them to the least amount that you can possibly get away with.

This doesn't mean eat boring stale foods. Good clean food can often be a treat in itself. One of my favorite things to eat as a "cheat meal" (fooling my taste buds basically) is a big homemade protein bar from NeedToBuildMuscle and a glass of low fat chocolate milk. I honestly consider that the perfect way to add clean bulking calories to your diet.

4 meals per day of good solid food (clean protein sources, leafy greens) + 3 of the NTBM protein bars and low fat chocolate milk cheats in between the breakfast and lunch meals, prior to workout, and after dark and you will see good improvement in a few weeks.

Stay off the scale, it is a fool's guide. You can gain weight very rapidly by putting on body fat, which takes twice the time and effort to get off once you have it. So don't be obsessed with trying to push the scale numbers up as fast as possible. Slow and steady will get you there in much better shape.

Reactions: 3J
If I were to give you 10lbs of clay and ask you to make me a pot, what is the heaviest pot you could make? 10lbs right? If I wanted a 15lb clay pot, I would have to give you more clay correct?

Body weight is the same way. Muscle are naturally going to weigh more when they get bigger. And in order to get bigger they are going to have to have a surplus amount of calories coming in for recovery and growth.

Unfortunately, many people hear the saying "increase your calories to grow" and it translates into "eat junk food and empty calories from fast food". Which will cause you to grow. Around the midsection. Increasing the calories is most important but try to make sure you are doing so in a way that most of them are coming from good clean sources. Avoid heavily processed foods or greasy (fried) items. While you can't completely eliminate them from your diet, try to limit them to the least amount that you can possibly get away with.

This doesn't mean eat boring stale foods. Good clean food can often be a treat in itself. One of my favorite things to eat as a "cheat meal" (fooling my taste buds basically) is a big homemade protein bar from NeedToBuildMuscle and a glass of low fat chocolate milk. I honestly consider that the perfect way to add clean bulking calories to your diet.

4 meals per day of good solid food (clean protein sources, leafy greens) + 3 of the NTBM protein bars and low fat chocolate milk cheats in between the breakfast and lunch meals, prior to workout, and after dark and you will see good improvement in a few weeks.

Stay off the scale, it is a fool's guide. You can gain weight very rapidly by putting on body fat, which takes twice the time and effort to get off once you have it. So don't be obsessed with trying to push the scale numbers up as fast as possible. Slow and steady will get you there in much better shape.

solid post.. though i dont agree with the 4 meals a day.. i like to do 6-8.. but there is that philosophy out there.. there have been people who have successfully bulked with 4 larger meals...

good stuff.. thumbs up..

solid post.. though i dont agree with the 4 meals a day.. i like to do 6-8.. but there is that philosophy out there.. there have been people who have successfully bulked with 4 larger meals...

good stuff.. thumbs up..

4 solid meals + 3 NTBM cheat combos + 1 post w/o shake is a decent supply of calories to be taking in per day.

your gonna have to clarify ntbm for me

needtobuildmuscle.com
We have protein bars
Better Protein Bars

MassProteinBars Stack

protein shakes of all kinds
Whey To Build Muscle

Onslaught-cinnamon bun flavor

And this month we have chocolate protein trail mix coming out also. We make a lot of different protein products in order to help people get in the healthy cals they need each day. Many of the product can be considered a "whole food" meal because thats what they are made with and they are all natural too.

needtobuildmuscle.com
We have protein bars
Better Protein Bars

MassProteinBars Stack

protein shakes of all kinds
Whey To Build Muscle

Onslaught-cinnamon bun flavor

And this month we have chocolate protein trail mix coming out also. We make a lot of different protein products in order to help people get in the healthy cals they need each day. Many of the product can be considered a "whole food" meal because thats what they are made with and they are all natural too.

now i'm hungry, thanks

Back