Losing too much weight after first cycle

Jab824

Hi Guys-

I started my first cycle about 6 months ago. I got bod pod tests done before, during, and after in order to have objective data. I am 28 y/o and 5'7. Take a look at these results and tell me what you think. I was really confused about the last set of data I attained.

Beginning Stats (11/13/2013):

Bodyfat: 25.1%
Lean Weight: 117 lbs
Fat Weight: 39 lbs
Total Weight: 157 lbs

1st Cycle (started 12/16/2013)
1-4 wks: 30 mg D-bol
1-22 wks: 500 mg Test E
9-18 wks: 60 mg Anavar

I'm currently on week 24 since I started. My last injection of test was almost 2 weeks ago. I'm starting PCT tomorrow (HcG and Nolvadex). I didn't plan to extend the cycle this long or include anavar in the cycle; however, my trainer kept changing his mind as the cycle progressed.

Weeks 1-18 I was on a bulking diet eating about 350 g protein, 350 g carbs, and 80 g fat per day. All clean meals.

Results from weeks 1-18 (04/29/2014):

Bodyfat: 23.2%
Lean Weight: 136 lbs
Fat Weight: 41 lbs
Total Weight: 177 lbs

Weeks 19-22 I was on a calorie restriction diet eating about 350 g protein, 100 g carbs, and 40 g fats per day. On leg or back training days, I would have 300 g carbs. All clean meals.

Results from weeks 19-22 (05/28/2014):

Bodyfat: 22.8%
Lean Weight: 132 lbs
Fat Weight: 39 lbs
Total Weight: 171 lbs

I know a major problem with this cycle was that the anavar was not used during the cutting phase. My trainer threw in the var there to harden me up and try to lose some fat by doing cardio 3x/wk. It should've been used during weeks 19-22.

According to my last bod pod test, I lost 4 lbs of LBM and only 2 lbs of fat! I don't understand how that happened while on test. Any thoughts?

I'm also having more problems. Since the last bod pod data, I started a bulking diet similar to the one in weeks 1-18; however, I'm down 6 more pounds to 165! My intense training has not changed. I thought it would take the test e at least 2 weeks to leave my body before I saw weight loss. I'm starting PCT tomorrow (HcG and Nolvadex). Any thoughts on how to stop this continued weight loss? I was at 183 lbs at week 14 so I feel much smaller and I'm starting to obsess over it.

Thanks for your help in advance!

But I lost 12 lbs between weeks 14 and 22. A lot of that weight was water. So now I'm losing even more water?

I thought HcG during PCT was standard.

Hcg is suppressive to the pituitary. It should be used on cycle to keep the testes functioning only, during pct it will shut off and replace the natural signal and to your testes which doesn't help your recovery.

PCT should be 21 days after last injection. You still have test in your body, and its slowly leaving. This is why your still losing weight (water) as your levels go down. It will take approx 21days. Dont start PCT until then, because it wont do anything and you will be effectively running a real short pct.

Your pct should look like this, starting 21 days after your last test injection..

Clomid: 100/50/50/50
Nolva: 40/20/20/20

Please do the full pct and wait time, that was quite a big cycle so your going to need it.

A bigger red flag that is jumping out to me is running HCG for PCT, is this correct?

A bigger red flag for me is you don't understand much about HCG and PCT.
Read and learn before you wave your flag .

Last edited:
A bigger red flag for me is you don't understand much about HCG and PCT.
Read and learn before you wave your flag .

PrinceDianabol and Pitbull are right bro, i honestly dont know why people keep going with HCG during PCT, i guess its cuz its just too much effort to run HCG during the entire cycle as opposed to running for 1-2 weeks on PCT :/

HCG should be ran during cycle ONLY, it was used a long time ago during PCT when there wasnt much info and now it is very well known that HCG is good during cycle and not PCT..

For example> have been using nolva/tamoxifen for ages but nowadays we all know that anastrozole is 10x times better but only a few people use it :/

Now for the OP, ur trainer is retarded, who the fuck gives a 22 week first cycle? No i mean who the fuck gives a 22 week cycle for anyone who isnt experienced or on Blast&Cruise and/or planning to compete ?? thats over 5 months of cycle non stop, i will be amazed if u are able to even recover from this cycle, Not trying to be a dick here but u should had done some research, i doubt ur natural testosterone will ever go back to normal levels.. Maybe 300-500 range but not back to higher range...

From my experience with a few buddies of mine and some blood tests on forums, even people who do 6-12 weeks cycle never fully recover, in fact test levels go down quite a bit..

My natural test was around 400 after 2 cycles and i did proper PCT and waited like 6 months between them..
A good friend of mine had 900's test levels and did an oxandrolone cycle 60mg/day for 6 weeks.. He did PCT and 3 months AFTER PCT his test was 600's

:/ good luck anyways bro.. Dont use HCG on PCT, id advise u to run clomid for at least at 50 or 25mg ED

Some common thinking here. I call this Simple Simon when we get confused at what we hear from our bro's and what we get fooled by in out excitement to cycle gains of weight.

Those who have been I competition and dieted down to weigh n or to get ripped, lean and vascular know this to ring true.

So here is a fact to weight gains...a person can only gain a maximum of 15lbs of LEAN MUSCLE MASS in a year. Give or take just a few due to genetics.

So where was your weight at start and now as you are coming down. AND listen you're not done yet losing , Maybe?? I don't know. How much gain was not lean muscle mass.

So at 157 up to 183 and now down to 165, if I got you correct. At this point you gained 8lbs from start. in 20 weeks. Call that less than 1/2 a year , 52 weeks a year. I said 15 lbs. and you right now are at 1/2 that, in round numbers ( 8 lbs. gain)

So I say you are on track. You can always eat a lot of crap and put on the weight to look bigger. But it will go up and down because it is not LMM and you will not look hard. Good luck.

Shit I always forget something. Dbol on first cycle, OMG. You did not know what to do with this. This is what started your problem. I agree about the stupid Fvckin trainer.

Last edited:
I should have made my point in more detail.
HCG it's what's for breakfast during and after a cycle.

op

I m trying to be a better man these days.

Ur trainer I...is he selling you or getting your gear ? I ask as it appears he has everything but your overall health in mind. Irregardless of how big and bad he thinks he is if he is who kept you on 22 weeks I would dog cuss his ass and dare him to to refute my argument either orally or physically. Seems he is more interested in moving product.

Post a pic. Get off for a while and WE WILL HOOK UP W BOTH SOURCES AND NOT TO unhealthy cycles.

Donot wear me out w pm s. Ask good questions especially about eating and resting and if ANYONE slurs your character or tries to shame you in a lame attempt to make themselves look good they'll get red repped off the board. I promise.

Yall help this newb out gently OK.

Now read every g d sticky and ask some q s and we ll take care of you..

Ur move...

HCG should be ran during cycle ONLY, it was used a long time ago during PCT when there wasnt much info and now it is very well known that HCG is good during cycle and not PCT..

As far as I was aware... HCG has never been used as part of PCT???

Yes, the old skool way was to blast HCG after your cycle and stopping 3 days before PCT, but it's never been a part of the actual PCT??

As far as I was aware... HCG has never been used as part of PCT???

Yes, the old skool way was to blast HCG after your cycle and stopping 3 days before PCT, but it's never been a part of the actual PCT??

It is still used as a PCT by some practitioners to aid in the recovery of natural testosterone after long term suppression i.e. TRT. The initial PCT will last up to eight weeks (if successful).

Back