Low dose Deca... Any benefit?

2rude4u

I'm thinking about running Deca at a low dose for about 20 weeks. I have been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for nearly 3 years, but would like to add a little more muscle. I'm not concerned with making huge gains and would prefer to do without the bloat and additional sides.

Currently I run 200 test C, but I'm thinking 250 test and 200 Deca per wk for about 20 wks. Would this give me some benefit while keeping the possibility of sides at a minimum?

I ran NPP at 175mgs on top of my base and made a noticeable difference, it did jack my RBC's after just 6 weeks, 20 might be a bit long.

I'd go with NPP, it's fasting acting and faster to clear if you need to "get out".

I ran NPP at 175mgs on top of my base and made a noticeable difference, it did jack my RBC's after just 6 weeks, 20 might be a bit long.

I'd go with NPP, it's fasting acting and faster to clear if you need to "get out".
I realize everything has the potential for sides, but what would be the main reasons for having to get out a low dose? I would also prefer not to pin EOD, can I get away with 2xw and still see decent results? How long would you run it 10-12?

With NPP you can get away with injecting it every 3 days. Less bloat and fat retention but I usually use a higher dose of each. 200mg deca could help with the joints and add some mass too while minimizing sides like deca dick or fat gain.

Ive ran it for 20 weeks, it helps but honestly thats a very low dose. Its not that the dose won't do anything because it will, its just that the negatives on sex drive may outweigh it. I never have a problem while on, its when I come off that my drive is not there and I get grouchy.

Age would also big a big question, its seems that older men have a rougher time with it than the younger guys.

I never responded to NPP nearly as well as I did to Deca, maybe it was due to build up I don't know.

Last edited:
deca @ 3 mg/kg a week(about 270 mg/wk for a 200 lb male) will increase procollagen III levels by 270% by week 2. Procollagen III is a primary indicator used to determine the rate of collagen syn. As you can see, deca is a very good drug at giving you everything you want -- an increase in collagen syn, an increase in skeletal muscle, and increases in bone mass and density. The one thing it does not give you is wood.

This is one of the stickys on top
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/a...al-muscle-collagen-synthesis-certain-aas.html

This could be a low dose.

Ive ran it for 20 weeks, it helps but honestly thats a very low dose. Its not that the dose won't do anything because it will, its just that the negatives on sex drive may outweigh it. I never have a problem while on, its when I come off that my drive is not there and I get grouchy.

Age would also big a big question, its seems that older men have a rougher time with it than the younger guys.

I never responded to NPP nearly as well as I did to Deca, maybe it was due to build up I don't know.
Yeah I'm a little older @ 50 so that concerns me. I had a crazy thought of runnin tren then I regained my common sense. What would I expect as far as it being rougher? Everything I've read seems to indicate that low dose deca has one of the lowest risks of sides.

I realize everything has the potential for sides, but what would be the main reasons for having to get out a low dose? I would also prefer not to pin EOD, can I get away with 2xw and still see decent results? How long would you run it 10-12?

My Hemo came back HIGH and GFR LOW, I dropped the NPP, 3 weeks later was back in range on blood work.

Another example of "getting out" is DECA DICK.......older guys like me can expect that issue more often.

deca @ 3 mg/kg a week(about 270 mg/wk for a 200 lb male) will increase procollagen III levels by 270% by week 2. Procollagen III is a primary indicator used to determine the rate of collagen syn. As you can see, deca is a very good drug at giving you everything you want -- an increase in collagen syn, an increase in skeletal muscle, and increases in bone mass and density. The one thing it does not give you is wood.

This is one of the stickys on top
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/a...al-muscle-collagen-synthesis-certain-aas.html

This could be a low dose.

This is kind of up in the air still, its hard to pull data on rats and compare it to humans. In the studies I have seen on Deca and speeding up injury healing you can find studies where it said it helped but you can also find them where it said it slowed it down. One thing is for sure lots of users report that Deca makes there joints feel better but that could potentially be just from the added water retention.

Yeah I'm a little older @ 50 so that concerns me. I had a crazy thought of runnin tren then I regained my common sense. What would I expect as far as it being rougher? Everything I've read seems to indicate that low dose deca has one of the lowest risks of sides.

The sides are low for Deca its just the shut down that effects older guys. I get tons of reports from many of the guys I have helped over 45 that it just crushes there sex drive. I guess the only way to know is to give it a try, I personally would go for GH but thats me. I think any guy your age should be on a low dose, even if its just 1 IU per day. It will do more for you than deca ever could while stimulating the HPGA instead of hampering it.

Just my 2 cents

This is kind of up in the air still, its hard to pull data on rats and compare it to humans. In the studies I have seen on Deca and speeding up injury healing you can find studies where it said it helped but you can also find them where it said it slowed it down. One thing is for sure lots of users report that Deca makes there joints feel better but that could potentially be just from the added water retention.

The sides are low for Deca its just the shut down that effects older guys. I get tons of reports from many of the guys I have helped over 45 that it just crushes there sex drive. I guess the only way to know is to give it a try, I personally would go for GH but thats me. I think any guy your age should be on a low dose, even if its just 1 IU per day. It will do more for you than deca ever could while stimulating the HPGA instead of hampering it.

Just my 2 cents
I agree with you on the GH, but it's unaffordably priced thru my legit testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and the reputable ugl's are avoiding it like the plague right now. Is deca killing their sex drive even with test run at a higher dose?

I personally think running test too much higher actually makes the low libido worse. I think that estrogen has to be out of whack in order for prolactin to go up. This is what usually kills the sex drive.

I guess it just depends, its not gonna kill you im just giving you a heads up, it wont hurt to try for a little bit, if you need to come off you will recover, it will just take a little bit.

keep some bromo on hand and use that if needed, it should help.

I would say just try boldenone. It is great. and even at low dose 350-450 per week it still helps with recovery, joints, vascularity, strength, and is extremely low on side effects.

I'm 40 and on week 11 with Deca 300mg/wk and Test 600mg/wk. It does wonders for me as for joint issues. Libido is still high as well. The highest my E ever got so far was 65 with 12.5mg/ed with aromasin. Now I'm taking 25mg/ed and my E is 35-45. I do have caber on hand but I have no prolactin issues. Also taking hcg 500iu twice a week.

Im 50 and everyone is different, I ran Test ,Tren and Equip cycle twice now and loved that cycle. I Love what Tren does . I always do either Deca or Equip for my joints depending on the cycle. Like jupiterak was saying just do more Test than Deca and your good.

So hows does Deca & NPP treat you guys that are 45+? I would like to run the Deca, but I like the idea of NPP and being able to make a quick escape if needed. I have had sides with a few scripts unrelated to this this in the past and probably would have lost my mind if they would have stayed in system for a couple weeks. I'm thinking NPP might be wiser inially so I can determine what to expect.

Back