Low(er) FSH and LH- bloodwork included

roto1

Hello,

I ran a cycle of Havoc last year followed by PCT of Nolva for 4 weeks. I experienced some Gyno and ran Ralox for approx. 5 months, and on the tail end of it I included eximestane low dos at 25mg EOD and Alphamax XT. I have been off of ralox for approx. 3 weeks and eximestane for approx. 2 weeks. Alphamax I stopped 3 days ago before I did the blood tests. At this point in time I am off of everything and got my bloods taken to see where I am at. I have a first set of bloods done after the original PCT and second blood test done yesterday. I unfortunately did not get any blood test done before the cycle to have a baseline.

The main thing I am noticing is that my LH and FSH are lower now, still within normal ranges but a bit lower than last time, with LH being almost half and FSH being on the very low end. My test is lower but does not seem too concerning (although I would love feedback there as well).

Test 1- July 2017 Test 2- Jan 2018 Normal Ranges
Test Serum 591 540 264-916 ng/dL
LH 6.2 3.3 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL
FSH 2.1 1.6 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL
Prolactin n/a 8.9 4.0-15.2 ng/mL
Estradiol 40.3 23.1 7.6-42.6 pg/mL

My main question- should I be concerned with LH and FSH? If so, should I be giving my body a break and then test again in a few weeks? or is there something I should be looking to take in order to address those?

If anything else from the bloodwork would help please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

hi there.. LH and Fsh levels will go up and down.. so long as they are within range you have nothing to worry about..

your test levels look fine as well

hi there.. LH and Fsh levels will go up and down.. so long as they are within range you have nothing to worry about..

your test levels look fine as well

Thanks for the response! I have a follow-up question after reading around a bit

1- I've read that the test numbers could fluctuate up to 30%. What's expected flucatation of lh/fsh? Where I am seeing an almost 50% difference is that a normal fluctuation?
2- after my use of Nolva would I expect to see my lh/fsh dip some where the 6.2 could have been elevated from my natural pre nolva baseline (which I unfortunately do not have)

Why I'm asking- while in the normal range still I don't feel like I have the same libido I had before, balls are still smaller, not experiencing morning wood like I did prior. I'm not completely wiped out but I can absolutely feel a difference and this seemed to start when I did raloxifene at 120 mg/day and exemestane at 25md EOD for two weeks, I could tell at that point my balls shrunk a bit. The second thing is the daily feeling tired and falling asleep on my couch after work(I work in IT, not a physically demanding job at all). I go to the gym later around 9pm so I watch TV with my kids for a bit after work and I just can't stay awake, literally almost every day. This in particular didn't seem to come on at the same time of the raloxifene/exemestane noted above but this one is frustrating.

My hope is that rolling off of everything I give my body the opportunity to get back to normal and see how I am feeling. My concern is some of what I am seeing above seems to be something that triggered others to try to restart their body through clomid.

I don't necessarily want to do that yet but I'm curious as to what fluctuations one may see in lh/fsh and whether coming off of everything I can still see a rebound without needing to do anything further

My current plan is to give it another 2-3 weeks and get another blood test and see how I am feeling then before considering anything to help address my concerns. I am also looking to check in with the doctor at that point as i want to wait until my system has been clear for a bit so I have test results which are not influenced by anything or at least less influenced than they may be now. But I'd appreciate some feedback on the questions above and as to whether my current course of thinking is the correct approach.

Thank you in advance!!

I can't comment on the ralox dosage. For exemestane 25mg EOD is a massive dose, enough for "on cycle". If you are taking this while off it is playing havoc with your E2 levels.

It has a short half life too, so should be taken every day. If you knew (like by blood testing) you had high E2 then 5mg ED for a short while would bring it right down. If you didn't know (i.e. no blood test) you shouldn't take it at all

Back