Low T Restart (Not caused by anabolic steroids, but from other medication)

r4ndom

Hey guys I am 25 and I have pretty much every symptom of low T there is and here are my most recent labs:

Total T: 434, Range: 241-827 ng/dl
Free T: 7.6L, Range: 50-210 pg/ml
Test Free %: 1.76, Range: 1-2.70
SHBG: 41, Range: 13-71 nmol/dL
DHT: 48, Range: 16-79 ng/dL
Estradiol: 20.9, Range: 0-39.8 pg/ml
LH: 2.67, Range: 1.50-9.30 mIU/ml
FSH: 1.81, Range: 1.40-18.10 mIU/ml
Cortisol AM: 12.38, Range: 4.30-22.30 ug/dl
Cortisol PM: 13.29, Range: 3.09-16.66 ug/dl
TSH: 2.924, Range: 0.350-5.500 uIU/ml
Free T4: 1.10, Range: 0.89-1.76 ng/dl
Free T3: 3.4, Range: 2.3-4.2 pg/ml

Heres my story:

I have basically been on and off psychiatric medication (anti depressants mainly, but some others) for approximately 8 years in an attempt to treat tremendous levels of anxiety and the accompanying depression. This medication caused many of the same side effects as Low T gives people. Everytime I stopped my medication the low t symptoms would go away and I would feel heathy physically again but mentally I wasnt so I would always go back on the medication.

Fast track to two years ago I got upset and wanted to find the root cause of my mental troubles. I was told by a new doctor that it was adrenal fatigue so I went on hydrocortisone 10mg 2x daily for approx 2 years and went off of all psychiatric medication. It has now been about 6 months and I have tapered off of the HC completely and I am 100% medication free but I have Low T and Low T symptoms still and me and my doctor seem to think that being on the psych meds and the HC suppressed/confused my body and i need a kickstart to get things back into gear again.

I've never used any anabolic steroids in my life but I am coming here for help on how to restart my testosterone as I believe this is the cause for all of my symptoms including: zero libido, erectile dysfunction, low energy, low mood, poor focus, inability to concentrate, inability to lose fat (especially around midsection), muscle weakness, and no energy for life in general.

Having said all of this, my question is what do you guys think the best protocol would be in my case for a T restart? I seriously believe that there is nothing physically wrong with me and that in my case its just secondary hypo that I am dealing with as the symptoms always used to go away just not this last time. We are thinking of doing a hcg restart but I want your guys advice. Thanks in advance, pm me or post if you have seen a thread or talked to someone who went through a similar issue.

Back