Magnetic stirrer hotplate

HB Mad Man

Debating on getting one of these.. Wondered if anyone has used one before and how well it worked out for them.. I know it can be a pain in the ass at times to sit there and stir the brew.. would definately make things easier if they work as good as they say..

I used one in college chem and biology class labs. They are indispensable for anything that needs slow steady heat and constant agitation. It is nice to control stir speed and you can buy many different magnet sizes and shapes for different liquids.

I have 3. Got them for 200 bucks each by buying them together. Unless your mixing upwards of 25 grams though they are kind of a waste. Also make sure you get your stirrers glass coated. Definitely don't use the plastic coated ones.

Last edited:
I have 3. Got them for 200 bucks each by buying them together. Unless your mixing upwards of 25 grams though they are kind of a waste. Also make sure you get your stirrers glass coated. Definitely don't use the plastic coated ones.

Right on, been considering one to also help with mixing everything up to get even dose through out the mixture.. Think I'll look into getting one here in a week or two.. Thanx for the help guys..

They are excellent. Just keep an eye on the stirrer....sometimes they seem to "seize" up. All you have to do is turn down the stir level and turn it back up.

Good looken out MM.. Will definately keep that in mind when I do get one TY..

I use magnets and have never had a sieze yet. Speed is 60 to 1500 rpm and goes up to 380C. Course have never used full speed or full heat before. Just nice to know it's their if I get lazy and want to make scrambled eggs. J/king of course. At any rate check out Biomega's those are the ones I have and they tend to be good bang for the buck.

I use magnets and have never had a sieze yet. Speed is 60 to 1500 rpm and goes up to 380C. Course have never used full speed or full heat before. Just nice to know it's their if I get lazy and want to make scrambled eggs. J/king of course. At any rate check out Biomega's those are the ones I have and they tend to be good bang for the buck.

Good looken out bud. I loked at a few of their different ones so far and will probably get one next week or the week after.. Gotta get a new printer this week as mine just flopped out on me.. The one I want is around 299.. Not bad considering others I have seen priced.. DAMN.. They can get Expensive..

Well its ordered and on its way.. The only stirrers I have found are the ptfe coated ones so I ordered two of them to give them a shot.. Would rather glass ones but haven't found them yet.. Hopefully the ptfe sterilize real easy.. We will see.. Cant wait to try it out for sure.. Thanks again everyone for the info.

Well got the hot plate stirrer.. You talk about slick.. I dont know how I ever got as far with this shit with out one.. This thing is bad ass.. Thanks everyone for the info..

I always used a spoon. :D

Me too but in my whole ghetto apartment complex I just dont feel too comfortable tinking the damn spoon for a half hour to hour.. I am the biggest guy here and they all look at me sideways as it is.. So the less amount of attention and heat the Better..

Back