Making gear tomorrow!! Is this the correct way?

maximus88

Wassup fellas,
Ok, so I'm homebrewing a small batch of Test E tomorrow and I've read numerous formulas for it, all of which were the same. I just want to say it in my own words to make sure I'm doing it right. So if yall can chime in and give me your opinions I would appreciate it.

Making 10g of Test E @ 250mg/ml:

Materials needed:
10g Test E powder
2% Benzyl Alcohol
18% ml Benzyl Benzoate
24.5 Sesame oil
500ml glass mixing beaker
100ml glass sterile beaker
Glass mixing rod
Pan
18-20g needles
10ml & 30ml syringes
.45 Whatman syringe filter
4 sterile glass vials

1) So you take the 500 & 100ml beakers and sterilize them as best as possible (preferably in the oven at 250°)

2) In the 500ml beaker, mix in the Test E/2%BA/18%BB.

3) Put the beaker in a pan with about an inch of water in it and heat it at around 2-3 until the test E is completely dissolved in with the BA and BB.

4) While doing this, in the seperate 100ml beaker, have 24.5ml of sesame oil heating/sterilizing.

5) Take the oil and add it to test/ba/bb

6) Take the 30ml syringe and pull out 10ml of oil and back fill a 10ml syringe.

7) Attach a .45 whatman filter to the 10ml syringe above the 18-20g needle and stick it in through the rubber of a 10ml vial, before you start to push it in, take another needle and put it in through the rubber to vent the bottle and relive pressure.

8) Repeat the 10ml syringe backfill process, insert another needle into a different 10ml vial to vent it, insert your syringe with the .45 whatman filter and 18-20g needle and repeat until you have your 4 10ml vials complete.

Well there you have it guys! 4 10ml vials of Test E @ 250mg/ml. This is the process I plan to use, fairly simple. Can anyone "seasoned" at this let me know that this is the proper technique?

Thanks!

Go to the chemical study section in this forum, a wealth of knowledge and lots of tips from home brewers in there

If you are making gear tomorrow and tonight you are asking if this is the correct way, I can definetely say no it is not!

Wassup fellas,
Ok, so I'm homebrewing a small batch of Test E tomorrow and I've read numerous formulas for it, all of which were the same. I just want to say it in my own words to make sure I'm doing it right. So if yall can chime in and give me your opinions I would appreciate it.

Making 10g of Test E @ 250mg/ml:

Materials needed:
10g Test E powder
2% Benzyl Alcohol
18% ml Benzyl Benzoate
24.5 Sesame oil
500ml glass mixing beaker
100ml glass sterile beaker
Glass mixing rod
Pan
18-20g needles
10ml & 30ml syringes
.45 Whatman syringe filter
4 sterile glass vials

1) So you take the 500 & 100ml beakers and sterilize them as best as possible (preferably in the oven at 250°)

2) In the 500ml beaker, mix in the Test E/2%BA/18%BB.

3) Put the beaker in a pan with about an inch of water in it and heat it at around 2-3 until the test E is completely dissolved in with the BA and BB.

4) While doing this, in the seperate 100ml beaker, have 24.5ml of sesame oil heating/sterilizing.

5) Take the oil and add it to test/ba/bb

6) Take the 30ml syringe and pull out 10ml of oil and back fill a 10ml syringe.

7) Attach a .45 whatman filter to the 10ml syringe above the 18-20g needle and stick it in through the rubber of a 10ml vial, before you start to push it in, take another needle and put it in through the rubber to vent the bottle and relive pressure.

8) Repeat the 10ml syringe backfill process, insert another needle into a different 10ml vial to vent it, insert your syringe with the .45 whatman filter and 18-20g needle and repeat until you have your 4 10ml vials complete.

Well there you have it guys! 4 10ml vials of Test E @ 250mg/ml. This is the process I plan to use, fairly simple. Can anyone "seasoned" at this let me know that this is the proper technique?

Thanks!

For 40ml of Test E at 250mg/ml with 2% BA and 18% BB, you will need:
10g powder
.8ml BA
7.2ml BB
22.57ml of the oil of your choice (if you want 1:1 of ethyl oleate: carrier oil you can divide 22.57ml by 2 and add that in EO and sesame oil). Ethyl oleate makes the solution thinner and viscous. Some people have an allergy to it others don't. It's not life threatening but it probably would be pretty uncomfortable lol.

You NEED a .2 um whattman filter NOT .45 um.

1) the oven isn't really for sterility, its to evaporate the alcohol off your beakers and glassware. To sterilize in the oven your need 400+ deg F temps for several hours to sterilize. Just sterilize with alcohol and distiller water and use the oven at 250 for 1/2hr to dry. If you want more sterility, you can put your glassware in a pressure cooker at 210deg F and 15psi which will completely sterilize things like your see in an autoclave.

2) yes. You could put some BB in first and heat until its dissolved then add everything else in: BA, rest of BB, Carrier/Sesame oil, and EO if using it BUT keep 2ml of oil off to the side for later.

3) or use a hot plate, microwave (if using microwaveable safe glass), grill, etc. heat little by little and be patient. Test e has a low melting point and solubility point but it may still take time. Keep stirring and giving heat until its dissolved.

4) 4-5 can be skipped just by mixing it all at once. No need to sterilize the oil bc heat alone won't be enough first off and secondly, the whattman filter is what ensures sterility and before that sterility isn't required.

5) take the .2 um whattman filter and put a sterile needle on it and push it through the rubber stopper of a sterile 50ml vial. Take another sterilie needle and push it through the rubber stopper too as a pressure release vent.

6) use a 20-50ml syringe to pull the test solution once everything is dissolved. Attach that syringe to the whattman filter and push the oil through the filter into the sterile vial. It will take time and effort. You can get a stericup system, Nalgene bottle top filters, or whattman zap caps and a hand vacuum pump and do it faster. Once all the oil has gone through, take that leftover 2ml of oil you saved earlier and pass that through the whattman too. That way any trapped hormone molecules will be pushed through.

7) if you have a pressure cooker, you can take the now filled 40ml vial or test e and put it in the pressure cooker for 30-45min at 210deg and 15psi. Don't sit the vial at the bottom of the pressure cooker. It can of touch the water or it won't sterilize properly. Use something as a stand to sit it on a few inches above the water. Don't forge to sterilize that with alcohol before!

^^that last step is optional but not a bad decision.

For 40ml of Test E at 250mg/ml with 2% BA and 18% BB, you will need:
10g powder
.8ml BA
7.2ml BB
22.57ml of the oil of your choice (if you want 1:1 of ethyl oleate: carrier oil you can divide 22.57ml by 2 and add that in EO and sesame oil). Ethyl oleate makes the solution thinner and viscous. Some people have an allergy to it others don't. It's not life threatening but it probably would be pretty uncomfortable lol.

You NEED a .2 um whattman filter NOT .45 um.

1) the oven isn't really for sterility, its to evaporate the alcohol off your beakers and glassware. To sterilize in the oven your need 400+ deg F temps for several hours to sterilize. Just sterilize with alcohol and distiller water and use the oven at 250 for 1/2hr to dry. If you want more sterility, you can put your glassware in a pressure cooker at 210deg F and 15psi which will completely sterilize things like your see in an autoclave.

2) yes. You could put some BB in first and heat until its dissolved then add everything else in: BA, rest of BB, Carrier/Sesame oil, and EO if using it BUT keep 2ml of oil off to the side for later.

3) or use a hot plate, microwave (if using microwaveable safe glass), grill, etc. heat little by little and be patient. Test e has a low melting point and solubility point but it may still take time. Keep stirring and giving heat until its dissolved.

4) 4-5 can be skipped just by mixing it all at once. No need to sterilize the oil bc heat alone won't be enough first off and secondly, the whattman filter is what ensures sterility and before that sterility isn't required.

5) take the .2 um whattman filter and put a sterile needle on it and push it through the rubber stopper of a sterile 50ml vial. Take another sterilie needle and push it through the rubber stopper too as a pressure release vent.

6) use a 20-50ml syringe to pull the test solution once everything is dissolved. Attach that syringe to the whattman filter and push the oil through the filter into the sterile vial. It will take time and effort. You can get a stericup system, Nalgene bottle top filters, or whattman zap caps and a hand vacuum pump and do it faster. Once all the oil has gone through, take that leftover 2ml of oil you saved earlier and pass that through the whattman too. That way any trapped hormone molecules will be pushed through.

7) if you have a pressure cooker, you can take the now filled 40ml vial or test e and put it in the pressure cooker for 30-45min at 210deg and 15psi. Don't sit the vial at the bottom of the pressure cooker. It can of touch the water or it won't sterilize properly. Use something as a stand to sit it on a few inches above the water. Don't forge to sterilize that with alcohol before!

^^that last step is optional but not a bad decision.

I definitely appreciate this man! Some people just get on threads to talk shit and are completely pointless, when we're on here to learn and get help and/or be helpful...at least I am! Glad I got different info, like I said the other one was different things I seen so I put it in my own words.

I have one question though, so instead of pulling out the oil once its all dissolved with that 20-50ml syringe and puting it through the rubber stopper of the vented, sterile 50ml vile...Can I go straight into the 10ml sterile vials seperately?? Of course venting them and everything also. I just mean can I cut out the 50ml vial part and go ahead and seperate into the smaller vials, seeing as how I'll have to seperate what I put in the 50ml vial anyway??

I definitely appreciate this man! Some people just get on threads to talk shit and are completely pointless, when we're on here to learn and get help and/or be helpful...at least I am! Glad I got different info, like I said the other one was different things I seen so I put it in my own words.

I have one question though, so instead of pulling out the oil once its all dissolved with that 20-50ml syringe and puting it through the rubber stopper of the vented, sterile 50ml vile...Can I go straight into the 10ml sterile vials seperately?? Of course venting them and everything also. I just mean can I cut out the 50ml vial part and go ahead and seperate into the smaller vials, seeing as how I'll have to seperate what I put in the 50ml vial anyway??

If you're referring to 2Rude4u or Patrrickn, I don't believe they're hear to talk shit. Patrick suggested the forum that was most likely to have people to answer this specific question and 2Rude pointed out the irony of saying you're going to brew tomorrow but asking if you have the right method. No harm meant from either of them.

Im assuming you used a conversion calculator or even got the recipe off some site. Those recipes actually leave the solution slightly under dosed bc they rely in a generic powder weight factor, typically .75-.85. 1g of Testosterone enanthate displaces .943ml so this is quite different from .75-.85. Used by the calculators meaning more oil overall is added to the solution which weakens it per ml or lowers the concentration. I plugged the .943 number into the calculator and gave you those numbers. It should be 100% accurate without the generic powder weight factor and it double checks mathematically.

You can do them straight into the 10ml vials yes but it will make it trickier if you're trying to get the same exact amount in each vial when you filter through the final 2ml of oil that's used to flush any hormones from the filter. Don't forget, the whattman filter is where sterility is achieved. Keep the filter closed until ready for use, try not to touch it when not necessary, it will take time to filter through a .2 um filter. If the solution cools it will make it more difficult to filter so keep some heat on it like a hair dryer or put it in the microwave oven or stove. Always wipe the vial rubber stopper with alcohol before putting any pin in so you don't introduce contaminants into the sterile vial. I forget but a whattman syringe filter is good for either 50ml of solution or 100ml so buy a backup I case something happens. You can pre filter the solution through a coffee filter to remove any large particulate but that shouldn't be necessary with this conversion.

If you're referring to 2Rude4u or Patrrickn, I don't believe they're hear to talk shit. Patrick suggested the forum that was most likely to have people to answer this specific question and 2Rude pointed out the irony of saying you're going to brew tomorrow but asking if you have the right method. No harm meant from either of them.

Im assuming you used a conversion calculator or even got the recipe off some site. Those recipes actually leave the solution slightly under dosed bc they rely in a generic powder weight factor, typically .75-.85. 1g of Testosterone enanthate displaces .943ml so this is quite different from .75-.85. Used by the calculators meaning more oil overall is added to the solution which weakens it per ml or lowers the concentration. I plugged the .943 number into the calculator and gave you those numbers. It should be 100% accurate without the generic powder weight factor and it double checks mathematically.

You can do them straight into the 10ml vials yes but it will make it trickier if you're trying to get the same exact amount in each vial when you filter through the final 2ml of oil that's used to flush any hormones from the filter. Don't forget, the whattman filter is where sterility is achieved. Keep the filter closed until ready for use, try not to touch it when not necessary, it will take time to filter through a .2 um filter. If the solution cools it will make it more difficult to filter so keep some heat on it like a hair dryer or put it in the microwave oven or stove. Always wipe the vial rubber stopper with alcohol before putting any pin in so you don't introduce contaminants into the sterile vial. I forget but a whattman syringe filter is good for either 50ml of solution or 100ml so buy a backup I case something happens. You can pre filter the solution through a coffee filter to remove any large particulate but that shouldn't be necessary with this conversion.

Awesome. I will wait to make it until I feel completely confident in all my information just to be on the safe side and so far this is the absolute best. Im assuming using the 18g needle to push into the vial is ok since you didnt say anything about that. Now when you say ""You can do them straight into the 10ml vials yes but it will make it trickier if you're trying to get the same exact amount in each vial when you filter through the final 2ml of oil that's used to flush any hormones from the filter."" Can you explain a little bit more on that?

And whats your thoughts on using a .2 Whatman Autovial syringe in place of the small .2's that attach at the bottom of the syringe? I've been reading up on them and people say that they make it easier on the thumb pressing and quicker.

Awesome. I will wait to make it until I feel completely confident in all my information just to be on the safe side and so far this is the absolute best. Im assuming using the 18g needle to push into the vial is ok since you didnt say anything about that. Now when you say ""You can do them straight into the 10ml vials yes but it will make it trickier if you're trying to get the same exact amount in each vial when you filter through the final 2ml of oil that's used to flush any hormones from the filter."" Can you explain a little bit more on that?

And whats your thoughts on using a .2 Whatman Autovial syringe in place of the small .2's that attach at the bottom of the syringe? I've been reading up on them and people say that they make it easier on the thumb pressing and quicker.

Def familiarize yourself with the process, do a dry run, practice it, print out instructions etc. if you screw up you could ruin your powder or have a contaminated product and get seriously sick from it. Sterility isn't technically necessary until the filtering stage but good sterile practices are always better so wear sterile gloves, wash your hands, spray alcohol into all surfaces, work in clean environment and use the pressure cooker when in doubt. Once you get sterility, the benzyl alcohol is what keeps it sterile when .9% solution or more.

What I ,want by that statement was that if you're giving some to a friend or whatever and need EXACTLY 10ml, pushing that final 2ml into a vial could change the amount in a particular vial. Just pay attention to how much goes in each.

Looking at the autovial I'd say it would go slower if anything but I've never used them. Slower because the area of the plunger/piston and chamber are larger in those syringes (just saw one pic though) which means more pressure is needed to apply the same force. If they're easier its up to you if you want to use it but try and get Nylon filter material as its the best and absorbs least amount of all filter types. I've seen a ghetto-rigged caulking gun used to push the solution through a whattman filter. Think putting the syringe in the caulking gun and rigging it so pulling the trigger pushes the caulking gun to push the plunger on the vial. Other options are whattman zapcap, Nalgene bottle top, or millipore stericup systems which all require a hand vacuum pump. Also if you get one of these buy a replacement glass media jar bc the plastic one included can break at 10-15psi.

Def familiarize yourself with the process, do a dry run, practice it, print out instructions etc. if you screw up you could ruin your powder or have a contaminated product and get seriously sick from it. Sterility isn't technically necessary until the filtering stage but good sterile practices are always better so wear sterile gloves, wash your hands, spray alcohol into all surfaces, work in clean environment and use the pressure cooker when in doubt. Once you get sterility, the benzyl alcohol is what keeps it sterile when .9% solution or more.

What I ,want by that statement was that if you're giving some to a friend or whatever and need EXACTLY 10ml, pushing that final 2ml into a vial could change the amount in a particular vial. Just pay attention to how much goes in each.

Looking at the autovial I'd say it would go slower if anything but I've never used them. Slower because the area of the plunger/piston and chamber are larger in those syringes (just saw one pic though) which means more pressure is needed to apply the same force. If they're easier its up to you if you want to use it but try and get Nylon filter material as its the best and absorbs least amount of all filter types. I've seen a ghetto-rigged caulking gun used to push the solution through a whattman filter. Think putting the syringe in the caulking gun and rigging it so pulling the trigger pushes the caulking gun to push the plunger on the vial. Other options are whattman zapcap, Nalgene bottle top, or millipore stericup systems which all require a hand vacuum pump. Also if you get one of these buy a replacement glass media jar bc the plastic one included can break at 10-15psi.

Man I can't thank you enough for all your help. I really appreciate it!!

Man I can't thank you enough for all your help. I really appreciate it!!

You just did :D. Good luck and be careful. Your health is very likely hanging in the balance of how well you follow instructions and how sterile your technique is. Happy brewing!

Thanks Dre... that is correct. I was poining out the irony in someone checking in at the last minute, to question if their plan is solid. Too many guys don't realize the damage they can cause themselves with just the slightest mistake. If you are not absolutely positive of what you are doing, then brewing the next day is not a wise decision IMO.

And Maximus... I don't usually talk shit. You may not like my answers, but they are given with my best intentions for your safety in mind.

You just did :D. Good luck and be careful. Your health is very likely hanging in the balance of how well you follow instructions and how sterile your technique is. Happy brewing!

Hey Dre,
One last question, what alcohol is best to sterilize the mixing beaker/glassware? I remember you said just use alcohol and distilled water, but would "Isopropyl Alcohol" be best to clean it with before I bake it to evaporate or "Benzyl Alcohol"?

Thanks

Hey Dre,
One last question, what alcohol is best to sterilize the mixing beaker/glassware? I remember you said just use alcohol and distilled water, but would "Isopropyl Alcohol" be best to clean it with before I bake it to evaporate or "Benzyl Alcohol"?

Thanks

From what I've read, benzyl alcohol won't kill bacteria it will just inhibit its growth, in the proper concentration. Isopropyl alcohol at a minimum concentration of 70%. You can put it in a spray bottle and spray down the glassware. Let it airdry then bake it or rinse it in distiller water than bake it. The baking isn't so much for sterility as much as it is getting the residue off and fully evaporating the alcohol. To sterilize glassware and anything you need a mixture of pressure and heat which is why I mentioned a pressure cooker that goes up to 15psi before n

From what I've read, benzyl alcohol won't kill bacteria it will just inhibit its growth, in the proper concentration. Isopropyl alcohol at a minimum concentration of 70%. You can put it in a spray bottle and spray down the glassware. Let it airdry then bake it or rinse it in distiller water than bake it. The baking isn't so much for sterility as much as it is getting the residue off and fully evaporating the alcohol. To sterilize glassware and anything you need a mixture of pressure and heat which is why I mentioned a pressure cooker that goes up to 15psi before n

Perfect. Thanks again!!

Hey DreDay187,
Just wanted to let you know bro that I made my 10g of gear and got through everything fairly easy, you were right though about that filtering through the .22 filter, takes a bit. For my next batch I want to do 100mls of Test E at 250mg/ml...but this time I'm gunna get a vacuum hand pump! Lol. And make life easier. Well my question is, can you break down what exactly I will need A-Z like you did before, but this time using a hand vacuum and disposable filters, flask size, what gauge pressure, etc...??

I've been reading and looking around, but you were so helpful last time I just thought is save the time and ask you.

Thanks bro!!

Hey DreDay187,
Just wanted to let you know bro that I made my 10g of gear and got through everything fairly easy, you were right though about that filtering through the .22 filter, takes a bit. For my next batch I want to do 100mls of Test E at 250mg/ml...but this time I'm gunna get a vacuum hand pump! Lol. And make life easier. Well my question is, can you break down what exactly I will need A-Z like you did before, but this time using a hand vacuum and disposable filters, flask size, what gauge pressure, etc...??

I've been reading and looking around, but you were so helpful last time I just thought is save the time and ask you.

Thanks bro!!

You're going to need either a Whatman Zapcap, Nalgene Bottle Top Filter, or Milipore Stericup system. You'll need a .2um filter, preferably of nylon material but check to see availability. Also get a glass media jar in whatever size you'll need for your batches 250ml-1L (the plastic ones the filter systems come with tend to break under pressure). You'll need a screw on cover for glass media jar with a rubber septa to draw through. Me you'll need a hand vacuum pump with pressure gauge with rubber or nylon tubing. You'll run the gear through the filter system under 10-15ps. The more pressure the faster it will filter through but too much pressure can break certain components so stick to ~15psi max.

Hey DreDay187,

Thanks bro!!

Congrats on getting through the first time. I'm starting to source my labware and will be hopping aboard that train soon. Ill order the raws once I have everything else in place.

Back