maturation of the face from testosterone or AS

simpllyhuge

has any one noticed any changes in their facial apperance from using testosterone or AS. i dont mean bone structure or things agromelia(spelling) from gh.

im talking about like a mature looking forehead. like veins in the forhead and like a shinny older look.

if you look at the extreme, i mean people like that weird dave palumbo look.

Like when your younger the skin all over your face looks the same, but as you men get older their forhead seems to get thin looking and have more bumbs and veins.

this is just an observation and curious if any one else notices this in men as they age in general, and i wonder if using excess testosterone can make this look come about earlier.

Last edited:
my forehead looks old. it might be partially from tanning. but its getting veiny and shiny, it might be that im thinning in the front.

I'm convinced that I have a permanent "moon face" from androgen use. It goes waaaayyy down when I'm off but the only time my face looks thin is when my bf% is low. When on, nothing makes it go down, Aromatase inhibitor (AI), nolva, diurectics, nothing.

DocJ said:
I'm convinced that I have a permanent "moon face" from androgen use. It goes waaaayyy down when I'm off but the only time my face looks thin is when my bf% is low. When on, nothing makes it go down, Aromatase inhibitor (AI), nolva, diurectics, nothing.
Interesting.

Since recently, I have a half-moon face. Hoping it will just get better.

mranak said:
Interesting.

Since recently, I have a half-moon face. Hoping it will just get better.
For awhile I thought it was increased BP then prolactin problems, then who knows what but I've come to accept it. It's definately worse when I'm using a strong androgen but you could put me on a cycle of oxandrolone solo and I'd still balloon up some.

I can't say that I have experienced an older face, but then again I haven't been juicing that long.

I would attribute Dave palumbo's face more to GH abuse (abuse!), combined with gear abuse, and just about everything else out there. If you look at older BB'ers like Arnold, Franco, they look normal.

that might just be the way the body works doc j. I might be imagining it but even people who are very muscular and lean seem to have a bigger face then when they were just skinny in general.

out of curiosity have you ever used gh, and did that help any?

I've read testosterone and estrogen make your skin thicker ( maybe another reason to run an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) ),...so high doses of extra test in ur body would make ur skin thicker and give a more mature aged look to ur face...

The same study also showed women who take both estrogen and testosterone have skin that is 48 percent thicker

well the look im talking about is when men get older and their forhead starts to look veiny and shiny as aposed to normal skin.

I just wondered if juice could exelerate that. Im only 24 and some girl asked me if i was 30, that could be because i just look older and more mature cause im muscuar thou. But i get that all the time.

I notice there are a few people around in brooklyn with a similar look to dave palumbos. I thought it would be from highly androgenic compounds like tren but just guessing.

simpllyhuge said:
that might just be the way the body works doc j. I might be imagining it but even people who are very muscular and lean seem to have a bigger face then when they were just skinny in general.

out of curiosity have you ever used gh, and did that help any?
I've only used HGH as a adjuct to strict dieting. It was only 3i.u. with the 5on/2off schedule. My face was fairly shrunk d/t the lower bodyfat.

As for actual facial changes I'd have to say a combo of HGH use and excessive tanning.

are you talking about that kinda thin, sunke look that like HIV folks have...the very low bf, kinda "wrinkled" look?? I think that is from Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) so they don;t waste away.

simpllyhuge said:
Im only 24 and some girl asked me if i was 30, that could be because i just look older and more mature cause im muscuar thou. But i get that all the time.

Ouch! That sucks being judged to be six years older than you actually are.

Oddly enough, I haven't experienced any of what you're talking due to anabolics. However, I notice minoxidil gives me that moon face that DocJ mentioned. It's not really bad, but it's still noticeable to me atleast. I also get dark circles under my eyes from dutasteride. No, I'm not imagining it either, as when I began taking it nothing else changed in my daily routine/regimen. I have to use that L'oreal Men's Expert dark circle remover cream shyt to keep the dark circles away.

its not that bad most people usually only think im a year or two older and that i think might be more of a compliment thing because i look more mature than other guys my age. Just curious about these other things.

So whats the deal with gh, it makes you look younger?

My face and jaw have definitely squared to some extent but I think that has more to do with going from lanky to bulky.

simpllyhuge said:
when u say facial changes doc j. do you mean aging? i thought gh is suppost to make you look younger.
That's where the: resonable use vs. abuse, factor comes in...high dose HGH is probably going to make changes in skeletal structure and when you combine that with lots of sun/tanning bed exposure = not looking your age.

Back