Maximal Effective Dosing

DrJMW

Community Veteran, Fitness Consultant
Maximal Effective Dosing (MED) is the maximum amount of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) you can use weekly, along with appropriate ancillaries, that will allow your Lipid Profile, Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, and CBC to appear normal upon blood testing. The point of this exercise is that if you choose to exceed this level, you are hurting yourself and wasting meds. Remember, your genetics, exercise routine, and diet will help you achieve this maximal level. If you stick to the MED, you will make gains and you will stay healthy. And you will be able to repeat this MED cycle over and over again. Food for thought.

Very good post Dr. JMW, but how would one go upon knowing/determining what their MED is? Would getting blood work during your cycle be the best option?

WannaImpress said:
Would getting blood work during your cycle be the best option?

That would be the only way to do it right.

Generally, I think that this is a good idea, especially if you plan to stay on for a long time. But there are cases where you have to go beyond MED (as you call it). For example, I have a naturally high RBC count -- near the very top of the normal range. That means that even small doses of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) will push my RBC into the above normal range. Thus, if I went strictly by CBC, I would not be able to cycle at all. I think you simply have to learn about the areas you need to keep an eye on, and then avoid things that will affect that area. For example, since I have high RBC, I usually stay away from drol, EQ, and deca. If you have high liver values, stay away from orals, etc. It's not a perfect solution, but unless you are going to give up on cycling completely, it's the best you can do sometimes.

Easto said:
Bump. Good question WannaImpress

:D

xtinct , thanks for your input bro. I suppose the best way to prevent any harm to your body or misuse of AS is to get bloodwork prior to your cycle also.

Bump for Dr. JMW.

Excellent addition, xtinct. You are correct. Again, baseline blood testing will indicate this, among other things.

Back