Messed up forearms for back day - exercizes?

kosherfried

Genetic Opposer
yeah...so i got fucked up in the gym about 2 weeks ago...last set of deads..went for a personal record of 425..took me 3 tries...but i got it! whoot...but as soon as i got the bar above my knees I felt a sharp pain in my left forearm..not debilitating but definately did something

the pain:

only occurs on pulling/rowing movements
only occurs when closing my pinkie and the next finger
is at the posterior area of the forearm...near the elbow

it's not horrible...i can still work chest, legs, shoulders, etc...but i tried to do back thursday with the pain...no go...hurt pretty bad when doing any rows..seated cables or not...i could, however, do a few pullups with minimal to no pain..since i dont grip with those two fingers

so my question:

until it gets better, are there any other suggestions as to what i can do?
just do sets of pullups till i cant any more?
anything else?

thanks

K-Man

i was...i use straps passed 315lbs on deads

i tried to use straps when i went back thursday..but it still hurt

At the very least you can practice isometric contractions at varying ranges to maintain your strength and muscle mass.

kosherfried said:
i was...i use straps passed 315lbs on deads

i tried to use straps when i went back thursday..but it still hurt
Use them not past 315, but at the beginning of any heavy exersize until your forarms heal.

kosherfried said:
is at the posterior area of the forearm...near the elbow

K-Man

that sounds like tendonitis to me
how does it feel when you do curls for your biceps?

i would suggest you start stretching ur foreamrs as well as go buy a set of neoprene sleeves they sell them at wal-mart..wear them for everything..

i put them on as soon as i get in the gym every single time-dont matter what lift im working the sleeves go on and stay on until i leave

wow...ok...i'll try the sleaves

curls are cool....as long as the pressure is on the inside of the palm and fingers, and not on the outside two

Back