Military Question

Novice101

I spent 6 years in the AirForce and seperated. Never used any Gear at the time but i knew the military does not normally check for steroid use unless a commander suspects the person of using and requests the test.
I am about to join Active Reserve and start my first cycle of Test. Does anybody know if the Reserve testing policy is the same as active duty or do they check for everything in a urine test?

No, they only test for recreational drugs, ie meth, pot, coke. I've been on cycle for urine tests, and I've been fine.

from my experience w/the military, I heard reserve/guard tests were even more lax then active duty. You should be fine.

HAHAHA it never gets old hearing about first pokes!

Yea bro I was in the AF for 6 and was cycling on and off the whole time and passed plenty of UAs. I got pretty big towards the end of my time... and I was a little worried that I was too big and someone was going to pop me with the "commander ordered UA" so I did a big cut cycle and then cleaned up for the last year or so.

That would be my only advice... don't get huge!

and if you get your BDU's big enough, it should hide alot... but yes, I definetly wouldn't do some major bulking cycling w/2-3gms of gear. That would be raising a red flag.

yeah these people would only see me once a month, but even then in the next couple of months to a year if i became a monster while everyone else remained a fatass im sure that would raise a few eyebrows. thanks for the info :)

Why would the military even care is what im wondering.. Hell i'd rather have a bunch of juiced up soldiers fighting for me.

They do! Big time. They talk about it all the time. The last thing they need is someone whose head is not in the game working on a 30 million dollar jet with a bunch of dangerous things that could kill/maime him or co-workers.

I've never heard of a commander ordered test in the reserves. They test for rec. drugs more then active (i've been tested 12x in one year) but even when I went from 180 to 230 over 6month the commander only whispered in my ear "watch out for those drug tests" with a wink and a chuckle. And the creatine excuse really does work with most people anyway.

Back