Milk or Water with your protein shakes?

Milk or water with protein shakes?

• Milk

Votes: 70 58.3%
  • Water

Votes: 50 41.7%

• Total voters
water all the way..tastes like shit either way...might as well put it down as quick as possible

Why mix milk with protein? The dairy is filtered to give you the highest, digestable quality possible. Look at it this way... It is like taking muddy water, purifying it, then throwing mud back into it before you drink it.

jimdawg said:
Why mix milk with protein? The dairy is filtered to give you the highest, digestable quality possible. Look at it this way... It is like taking muddy water, purifying it, then throwing mud back into it before you drink it.
What????? That makes no sense.

jimdawg said:

as finaboy said, milk is an amazing source of many things. Casien from milk mixed with whey gets you both protein sources. slowly and fast digested protein. plus calcium...i love milk!

Deep South Chris said:
as finaboy said, milk is an amazing source of many things. Casien from milk mixed with whey gets you both protein sources. slowly and fast digested protein. plus calcium...i love milk!

You still got that fine piece of ass? :druggie:

I use water with a couple of ice cubes and a couple of ounces of orange juice to help the flavor. Works well with both chocolate and vanilla mixes.

anarchy81 said:
skim milk with muscle milk...definately tastes the best by far!!

It should with that horrible nutrient profile. Baby Ruth tastes delicious too, every try one?

Milk is horrible on the insulin index, sorry kids, that shit is for babies and fat people. :) I grew up on close to a gallon a day, but that stuff is gone from my diet unless I'm eating cake.

I use water most of the time, but not every time. If milk finds its way into the fridge I tend to use it once or twice a yr.

Then I remember why I use water and question why the milk was in the fridge.

Water makes it less thick therefore making it easier to drink.

But ill use skim milk most of the time.

Last edited:
SpikeyLizard said:
Well, I take my shakes with milk immediately upon waking and immediately before bed, because the excess cals in the milk help to slow the absorption of the protein. These are the times I want slower absorption. My other 2 shakes of the day are with water, because I don't have to space them out quite as much, and therefore want quicker absorption.

well explained. Im gonna do it this way now.

Nah, fuck milk..i use some low fat half n' half and warm water in the blender w/ a couple of ice cubes and some cool whip.

If i want something extra i'll throw some oats in there too.

Water. I heard a long time ago that milk is hard to digest, and most peoples' stomachs just flush it thorugh along with everything else that's in there. Sometimes I add a little bit bc it tastes better, but I think its better to consume the two seperate.

ssmla123 said:
Water. I heard a long time ago that milk is hard to digest, and most peoples' stomachs just flush it thorugh along with everything else that's in there. Sometimes I add a little bit bc it tastes better, but I think its better to consume the two seperate.

this is without question the dumbest thing ive heard or read all day.

there has been a lot of stupid, completely incorrect shit said about milk before, but this is a new one.

Yeah, I find the milk bashing pretty funny. Unless you are lactose intolerant or have a specific allergy to it, there is absolutely no reason to avoid the stuff. Who cares if there is some sugar in there? At 12g per serving it isn't doing any damage. And the stuff about it not being digested? Are you serious? The protein in milk is the most digestible protein on this planet as long as you aren't intolerant or allergic to the stuff. I understand that some peoples' systems can't handle the drink but the vast majority of people can. So if you don't belong to that minority, drink up. The stuff is proven to be safe and effective. No legitimate medical researcher will claim otherwise. The bs stuff you read off of websites all draws back to PETA or some other hippy group that doesn't like the dairy industry for reasons other than dairy's effect on human health. And don't worry about the amount of casein in the milk slowing down absorption of whey post workout. Fifty grams of whey powder thrown in a glass of milk isn't going to be held back any real amount of time by the casein in there. In fact, the new studies show it is actually beneficial to have a little casein in there for that time. So just drink your fucking milk if you can tolerate it.

Back