• 4000 to 5000

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • 5000 +

Votes: 23 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deadbeatrec

mr.anabolic
ok so when u bulk how many calories do u get a day? i usually try to get 4000+ with about 500 grams or pro 400 grams carbs and about 130 grams fats. i am asking this because my brother is training for his first competition and his trainer is telling him to start to get 5000 cals a day of nothing but lean chicken and fish. going to be a huge task for him.then he is telling me that this big powerlifter/bodybuilder (ben white is any of u know him) at his gym eats 10,000 cals a day, not sure how lean because he didnt say, but i know that the guy is low body fat so his supposed 10,000 cals a day cant be too high in fat. now i dont think thats possible what so ever for a human to consume 10,000 cals a day of lean and clean food. what do u guys think?

I don't keep track of the calories. I just eat as much as I can and as healthy as possible.

I have to go for 5,000+ because of body metabolism. I can eat like a horse and still struggle to maintain 190-195 lbs.

deadbeatrec said:
if a mod wants to move this to diet forum thats fine, i just figured eating this much was pretty anabolic.

Yeah, I'll move it to the Diet forum. Not everybody who is "bulking" is necessarily running Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) while doing it.

so what do u guys think about the 10,000 cals a day? how possible do u think it is? i mean one cup of chicken has 264 cals with 40g pro and thats with the skin. one cup broiled beef is 340 cals with 38g pro. 1 medium steak after cooking is 520 cals. that means he would have to eat 20 medium steaks a day. humm? sounds to me like u would have to be a lion to eat that much ,key word "clean" food a day.

i am an ecto and i need 4500-5000 a day, but i make sure to eat 2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight. And once i gain weight i adjust the #

I have a hard time getting in 5000 with all the other shit life throws at me. Now if I had nothing else to do 5000 would be a walk in the park. 10,000 - thats just crazy. Im not saying its impossible at all, but my life would have to take a backseat if I wanted anything over 6000 cals a day. So how he does it, I have no clue.

I see this 5000 - 6000, 7000 being thrown around alot and let me tell you I don't by it. All the individuals I train I have yet to see someone need that much food. Even guys with fast metabolisms that are weighing 225 lb in contest shape.

At the very end most will never need more then 5000 and you better be one think dude to be on that much food.

So just to break it down with a typical 40/40/20 split that equates to:

500g Protein
500g Carbs
110g Fat

Divide that over 6 meals you would end up with a meal like this. And this is every meal!!!! Thats a lot of food for anyone weighing less then 250 lb. Obviously some can be junk food but lets get real. Junk food has very minimal amounts of Protein typically so your still going to have to shovel your face.

12 oz. Sirloin Steak or Chicken Breast
1 1/4 cups Brown Rice or 16 oz (1 lb) baby red potato or 1 1/2 cups Oatmeal
Green Vegtable or Salad w/ Olive Oil Dressing (Used when not eating the steak)

Last edited:
DirkMoneyshot said:
I see this 5000 - 6000, 7000 being thrown around alot and let me tell you I don't by it.
My theory is that many guys that can lift can't count.

Hell, half the time you ask them for the carb/protein/fat breakdown and the calories from that are way off from their stated caloric intake.

Maybe I'm wrong for this, but I don't even count calories. Instead, I try and emphasize eating the right foods.

Counting calories is probably a lot easier when you eat a lot of processed foods that come in a box. But when you use fresh food (meat, fresh vegatables, fresh fruits) and prepare it yourself, it certainly seems more difficult to accurately figure out the calories. And the more you eat, the larger the margin of error.

Back