moved to FL, New primary care doc doesn't treat TRT

vinny536

I recently moved from NC to Florida. When i was in NC I spent months finding a doc that would treat low T. I ended up with a brand new primary care doc that was willing to treat me. My wife received a great job offer here, so we moved....

Now that I'm in Florida I found a new Primary Doc. I really like him for a primary, but when we got to TRT he said he sends all patients to an endocrinologist. He says he just doesn't know enough about it to treat it, and I can respect that. When i asked him about an endo he told me about the struggles of this particular area not having enough and the ones that are here have long waits to get in.

So now I restart my search to find a doc that will continue my TRT without hassle. I'm in a new town and don't know anyone to gather opinions from. I really don't want to wait months to get an appointment only to end up with a doc unwilling to take care of me. What sources have you used to find docs? Does anyone have a recommendation for northeast florida? I live in Palm Coast, but I'm willing to travel to Daytona, St. Augustine, Jacksonville or anywhere else within a reasonable distance from here.

Florida is the "Capital" of HRT and anti-aging clinics. You should be able to find a doc there easily. Heck, I'm not even in FL. yet I have a doc there just for TRT

Wait I'm confused.. if you are being prescribed TRT... and you switch Doctors.. shouldn't the new Doctor atleast prescrib what you were already on until you see an Endo ?

I don't get how you can just stop TRT like that and then pick up with a new doc... no PCT... no HCG ?

Wait I'm confused.. if you are being prescribed TRT... and you switch Doctors.. shouldn't the new Doctor atleast prescrib what you were already on until you see an Endo ?

I don't get how you can just stop TRT like that and then pick up with a new doc... no PCT... no HCG ?

Sorry I wasn't clear. The new primary care will keep my dosage as is and continue refilling. But that's it, no adjustments. the first blood draw he did shows high E. I don't expect him to manage that....

Sorry I wasn't clear. The new primary care will keep my dosage as is and continue refilling. But that's it, no adjustments. the first blood draw he did shows high E. I don't expect him to manage that....

Most men on TRT are capable of managing estradiol without the use of aromatase inhibitors. Typically all that is needed is a little bit of tweaking to the dose and/or frequency of injections.

Sure there are definitely some guys who require an AI no matter what, but they are definitely in the minority.

Back