muscle milk; crap or not?

muroman

Hey has anyone tried this stuff. I have used about 3 2lb bottles so far. the stuff tastes great. Its more like a low carb MRP mix than a straight protein mix. I have noticed that this stuff has dropped drastically in price lately at the local sup shops. Has this stuff been found out to be crap or something? I wouldnt doubt it, it tastes to good to be for real. I think its made by cyctomax. Somebody let me know if this stuff is just smoothie mix.

muroman said:
Hey has anyone tried this stuff. I have used about 3 2lb bottles so far. the stuff tastes great. Its more like a low carb MRP mix than a straight protein mix. I have noticed that this stuff has dropped drastically in price lately at the local sup shops. Has this stuff been found out to be crap or something? I wouldnt doubt it, it tastes to good to be for real. I think its made by cyctomax. Somebody let me know if this stuff is just smoothie mix.

its made by Cytosport. i havent heard any bad things about it, only good things. i believe its is a pretty good blended protein and has micellular casein.

Nutritional Facts
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (75 grams) with water
Servings per Container: 15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount per Serving % Daily
Value*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Calories 348
Calories from Fat 162
Total Fat 18 g 28 %
Saturated Fat 8 g 40 %
Cholesterol 3 mg 1 %
Sodium 200 mg 8 %
Potassium 595 mg 17 %
Total Carbohydrates 12 g 4 %
Dietary Fiber <2 g 8 %
Sugars 6 g
Protein 32 g 64 %

Vitamin A < 33 %
Vitamin C 33 %
Calcium 33 %
Iron 33 %
Vitamin D 33 %
Vitamin E 33 %
Thiamin (B1) 33 %
Riboflavin (B2) 33 %
Niacin (B3) 33 %
Pyridoxine (B6) 33 %
Folic Acid 33 %
Vitamin B12 33 %
Biotin 33 %
Pantothenic Acid 33 %
Phosphorus 33 %
Iodine 33 %
Magnesium 33 %
Zinc 33 %
Copper 33 %
Chromium 33 %

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose,
treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Ingredients: EVOPRO(TM) custom evaluation based protein, peptide, and amino acid matrix, designed to closely reflect the nitrogen components and ratios found in human mother's milk (micellar alpha and beta casiens and casenates, whey concentrates, rich in alpha-lactalbumin, whey isolates, whey peptides, purified bovine colostrum extract rich in secretory IgA and IGF-1, glutamine peptides, L-Taurine, Lactoferrin). LEANLIPIDES(TM) Lipid complex selected for thermogenic and unique energy properties (canola oil, enzyme engineered polyunsaturated long-chain vegetable oils, MCT's, L-Carnitine), fructose, cocoa powder, maltodextrin, CYTOVITE I(TM), vitamin and mineral premix consisting of (vitamin A acetate, cholecalciferol, d-alpha-tocopherol acetate, ascorbic acid, folate, thiamine monohydrate, riboflavin, niacinamide, pyrodoxine HCL, cyanocobalamine, biotin, pantothenic acid, di-calcium phosphate, potassium iodide, potassium chloride, ferrous fumerate, magnesium oxide, copper gluconate, and zinc oxide), gum arabic, Creatine GCC, our proprietary, endogenous creatine precursor (Glutamine, betaine, SAMe [S-Andenosylmethionine]), Natural and Artificial flavors, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, Chromium nicotinate.

good stuff imo

if i want an mrp type shake i would MUCH rather have a long protein blend mixed with good fats .. there is some fructose in there but oh well .. lots of good fats too which i like as well

Nutri-Wrestler said:
Nutritional Facts
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (75 grams) with water
Servings per Container: 15

Amount per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 348
Calories from Fat 162
Total Fat 18 g 28 %
Saturated Fat 8 g 40 %

Cholesterol 3 mg 1 %
Sodium 200 mg 8 %
Potassium 595 mg 17 %
Total Carbohydrates 12 g 4 %
Dietary Fiber <2 g 8 %
Sugars 6 g
Protein 32 g 64 %

Vitamin A < 33 %
Vitamin C 33 %
Calcium 33 %
Iron 33 %
Vitamin D 33 %
Vitamin E 33 %
Thiamin (B1) 33 %
Riboflavin (B2) 33 %
Niacin (B3) 33 %
Pyridoxine (B6) 33 %
Folic Acid 33 %
Vitamin B12 33 %
Biotin 33 %
Pantothenic Acid 33 %
Phosphorus 33 %
Iodine 33 %
Magnesium 33 %
Zinc 33 %
Copper 33 %
Chromium 33 %

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose,
treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Ingredients: EVOPRO(TM) custom evaluation based protein, peptide, and amino acid matrix, designed to closely reflect the nitrogen components and ratios found in human mother's milk (micellar alpha and beta casiens and casenates, whey concentrates, rich in alpha-lactalbumin, whey isolates, whey peptides, purified bovine colostrum extract rich in secretory IgA and IGF-1, glutamine peptides, L-Taurine, Lactoferrin). LEANLIPIDES(TM) Lipid complex selected for thermogenic and unique energy properties (canola oil, enzyme engineered polyunsaturated long-chain vegetable oils, MCT's, L-Carnitine), fructose, cocoa powder, maltodextrin, CYTOVITE I(TM), vitamin and mineral premix consisting of (vitamin A acetate, cholecalciferol, d-alpha-tocopherol acetate, ascorbic acid, folate, thiamine monohydrate, riboflavin, niacinamide, pyrodoxine HCL, cyanocobalamine, biotin, pantothenic acid, di-calcium phosphate, potassium iodide, potassium chloride, ferrous fumerate, magnesium oxide, copper gluconate, and zinc oxide), gum arabic, Creatine GCC, our proprietary, endogenous creatine precursor (Glutamine, betaine, SAMe [S-Andenosylmethionine]), Natural and Artificial flavors, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, Chromium nicotinate.

Ouch, I think its total shit.

I just bought my first tub of it. It does taste great, probably because of all the fat in it. I think it can be useful, but you have to know when to use it, e.g. not close to when you are injecting insulin.

I been buying it alot latley and I really like it. I get a 2ibs tub for 25 dollars since It was out dated. I think I been losing weight since I started going on it. I mix it with some other protein just to boost the protein intake.

grafix-gnc is right those staturated fats come from medium Chain Triglycerides. Which are good for you.

yo bro's thanks for the input i have found a web site that is selling this shit cheap (like $19 for 2lb bottle). The place is called A-1 supplements and they have sweet prices all the way around

Put it this way- Tastes really good wich means you will keep using it, The high fat content is good fats, and a good protien mix for sustained amino release. AQ good product in my mind

I agree with Yellow Jacket! First thing I look at on products is all the fats, then all the ingrediants.... Too much saturated fats per serving. Seems like they sugarcoat the list of ingrediants as well. Another note - It takes 2 fucking scoops just to get 32 grams of protein.... leaving ya not many servings per jug. Another wonderful product on GNC shelves.

Might try it on a bulk cycle. Otherwise....

*cough* GET THIS SHIT OUT OF MAH FACE! *cough* LOL :p

yeah they are good fats- 80% are in the form of MCT's that are burned for energy and not stored as fat if you are working out hard.

The days of ultra low fat products are done. Fats are needed to gain muscle and lose fat, produce the hormones that help get you bigger and stronger. Take a look at those old timers they used to work out and go eat hamburgers minus the buns and fries of course.

Whey is the way to go right after a workout or if you are cutting but if you are in the gaining muscle and strength phase a product with essential fats is the way to go.

Plus it tastes real good meaning u will keep using it. A product that you have to choke down every day wont work. You will get tired of using it.

Back