Muscle Spasm during Thigh Injection????

brockstone

So I've been pinning myself in the glutes for like the past 8 years, and today I decided to diversify my portfolio and try a thigh injection. Gotta admit, I was a little nervous considering I don't like needles. lol. took me a while before I could even pin myself in the glute and get used to it. So today I tried my upper outer thigh, and when I started pushing in, all of a sudden, my thigh muscle spasmed on me. like just that one part of the muscle go down and back up. it kinda freaked me out, so I pulled out and got a new pin and went back to the glute. Has this happened to anyone before? Is it normal? and why did it do that? I want to do injection sites other than my glutes, does anyone have any advice as to how to make it easier on myself. I cant be the only one nervous of needles.

Yup, like Austinite said, you hit a nerve. No big deal, but also no fun. Some areas have more than others. It's always best to check an IM injection diagram to see where the good spots and bad spots are. I'm not sure what you did, but when I started, I figured all you had to do was look at a muscle and aim for the thick part, but that's not enough.

You probably injected too close to the top of your vastus lateralis. Aim a little more to the side next time as there are more nerves up on top. Just be sure not to pin directly into the side of your quad, as the iliotibial band resides there and gets rather angry when poked with a piece of steel. Hitting a nerve definitely makes you think twice about needle placement, that's for sure. :)

Halfwit, as a sponge, do you need to inject or can you just pour the oil on and let it absorb in?

Halfwit, as a sponge, do you need to inject or can you just pour the oil on and let it absorb in?
Ossssssssssmosis my brother! I just put the vial on my head and let it soak in. No fuss, no muss!
Halfwit just pours gear into an open wound.

I think I'm starting to develop a sense of humor.
Oh shit. I bet start stock-piling my test then, I think the apocalypse is neigh! :eek:

Back