My continuing journey with TRT and...

MJF

WWPBBD
View attachment 560009View attachment 560010I have decided to start a journal. Next week is the one year anniversary of a decision that was a catalyst to the change I have made and am making. On approx Jan 6th, I decided to give up alcohol. It took a couple months to clear the fog of daily drinks and laziness and in March I went to the Dr and got back on TRT and started lifting weights again. I will post the progress pics I have. Keep in mind most of these pics were naked pics I sent/ were taken by my wife, but I have cropped out the bad.

This was me before TRT. 208 lbs of pure fat. Of course there are no shirtless pics. I shy'd away from cameras even with clothes on.

Having trouble with pics. Need to try another way. Nothing is working so I'll try to add pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
View attachment 560011Now that the pics are working, I'll continue. I don't know dates for most pictures but I have then in chronological order the best I can and kinda remember details for some.

One thing is I have gyno on both sides bur worse on my right side. Alot of the pics the right side is covered with the camera or I'm turned such that it hides the gyno, but some it's clear as day. It bothers me and some day I'll have surgery.

This pic was the first pic I let get taken without a shirt. I was on TRT and lifting weights but hadn't fully committed to a decent diet and wasn't doing cardio at all. Honstly I felt pretty good about my progress but knew I had a long way to go. Weight unknown but porbably still over 200. It took a long time before I started losing weight. I blamed the muscle weighs more than fat and continued on.

You guys will think I'm crazy but this pic was one of my proudest moments. It was my first gym selfie and I took it just jacking around cause my buddy was giving me a hard time about something related to working out or some crazy cleanse he wanted me to do with him. But it was the first time I saw a hint of abs. You would have thought I was the proud new father of a healthy baby boy the way I carried my phone around showing anyone who would look. lol

View attachment 560012

I wasn't taking a bunch of selfies in the beginning, but this is the next chronological pic. Abs became more noticeable.

My only goal was to be in shape. I hadn't defined if I wanted to lose weight, gain weight, bulk, cut, whatever until around this pic time frame. I told myself I would have abs at 42yo and I wanted all of them to show, not just the top two rows. So after this pic, I got more serious with the paleo diet and the cardio. My workout sucked at this point, but I was seeing gains so I stuck with it, upped the cardio, and went low carb and calorie deficient. But at this time I wasn't weighing/measuring my food or counting calories. I snacked 5-6 times a day and had a regular dinner.

View attachment 560013

So this pic. It's already here somewhere. I woke up one morning and as always, posed in the mirror for a minute and thought dang I look thin. Since I was about to get in the shower, I snapped a few naked pics to send to the wife. I wasn't tan, it was the light or the camera exposure.

But this was the thinnest I got. At this look I was down to 170lbs and stayed there for a while. I liked the look some but changed the game plan and tried for a lean bulk to slowly get to 190 or so. As you'll see from some of the following pics, I have kinda failed at the lean part of that, but I'm not too concerned with that yet.

View attachment 560014

Another of the wife wanting pics to keep on her phone. I don't know timeframe exactly, but this and the previous pics, I might have started 3J's reverse pyramid training and could possibly be a week or so into my current blast. 600mg cyp and 500iu hcg per week, divided into two injections a week.

View attachment 560017

This was two weeks ago. I'm 2 weeks into the reverse pyramid workout(Thanks 3J, it's an excellent workout) and on an ~3000 calorie diet that started out clean but with thanksgiving, christmas, wife wanting to eat out, having to do a couple stints of nights, 12 hour shifts for an outage at work, etc it got to be a little of a dirty bulk.

I should add that I've been taking measurements. To me I look bulkier here than the pic at my skinniest, but the measuring tape says I am the same size. The only thing that has grown is my legs, which I never take pictures of yet because for the first 6 months of working out, I didn't do legs much.

View attachment 560018View attachment 560019View attachment 560020

Last edited:
View attachment 560026One last pic. I woke up this morning and weighed. 182lbs. So this is a morning pic before I start stufing my belly with food and water.

Efit: pic was sideways and showed a little too much of the goods so I had to crop and reload.

Last edited:
I really want to thank 3J for the free advice he puts out on this forum. I stole his workout, his sample diet, his tips and hints, everything. I know I'll sound like a big ole P-word, but my wife wouldn't let me do one of his plans because she saw me go from 208 to a fairly ripped 170 by doing it on my own so she couldn't see justifying the money since I had gone that far on my own. She's better with money than I am so I listen to her.....sometimes.

But 3J's advice he has given on this forum has been wonderful. I started weighing my food/ counting calories correctly, I have a much better lifting routine and it was all from free advice he gives out here. Even though I have fallen off the wagon as far as my diet, I am grateful for his advice because I know how to easily get back, or get anywhere I want for that matter. (Plus we just got a raise so I'll probably hire him for soon anyway.)

Reactions: 3J
I know this is a personal online journal but any tips/tricks? I keep hoping that building my chest up will help hide the gyno and the saggy side boob I have but it hasn't yet. Any tips?

I really want to thank 3J for the free advice he puts out on this forum. I stole his workout, his sample diet, his tips and hints, everything. I know I'll sound like a big ole P-word, but my wife wouldn't let me do one of his plans because she saw me go from 208 to a fairly ripped 170 by doing it on my own so she couldn't see justifying the money since I had gone that far on my own. She's better with money than I am so I listen to her.....sometimes.

But 3J's advice he has given on this forum has been wonderful. I started weighing my food/ counting calories correctly, I have a much better lifting routine and it was all from free advice he gives out here. Even though I have fallen off the wagon as far as my diet, I am grateful for his advice because I know how to easily get back, or get anywhere I want for that matter. (Plus we just got a raise so I'll probably hire him for soon anyway.)

whats up brother... it makes me very happy to hear you are soaking in all the knowledge i have posted on the forum...

your wife is right my man, youre doing it right on your own!! listen to her!!!

when you stall, when you reach the point where you dont know what else to do to lose the weight, thats the time to hit me up!

congrats again on all your progress!!!

I know this is a personal online journal but any tips/tricks? I keep hoping that building my chest up will help hide the gyno and the saggy side boob I have but it hasn't yet. Any tips?

if you lose weigh the right way you will minimize the loose skin that you will be left with.. just keep building up your chest and keep losing the bodyfat slowly.. you will then understand if surgery for skin reduction is necessary

Back