My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful Cycle

So I just finished week 2 of 1 st cycle (test e only 500 mg per week) and have been eating about 500 cals above maintenance to bulk. I was 14% bf at start of cycle, not sure exactly now. In your opinion should I continue to eat like that or eat at maintenance or below? I'm 6'6" 226lbs. Current daily macros are at 40-40-20. Original goal was to bulk, but after reading this I see my bf is close to the upper limit you talked about. Obviously don't want to get fat.

So I just finished week 2 of 1 st cycle (test e only 500 mg per week) and have been eating about 500 cals above maintenance to bulk. I was 14% bf at start of cycle, not sure exactly now. In your opinion should I continue to eat like that or eat at maintenance or below? I'm 6'6" 226lbs. Current daily macros are at 40-40-20. Original goal was to bulk, but after reading this I see my bf is close to the upper limit you talked about. Obviously don't want to get fat.

Depends on your goals. If you're attempting a bulk, it's impossible to do in a deficit, you have to eat more.

Right I understand that and I have been. But the part of the post where you talked about having too high of a bf for a successful bulk kind of made me think and second guess if should be bulking since I am close in bf to that upper range at 14-15 bf currently.

Right I understand that and I have been. But the part of the post where you talked about having too high of a bf for a successful bulk kind of made me think and second guess if should be bulking since I am close in bf to that upper range at 14-15 bf currently.

If you have experience cutting, you should be fine. But I personally do not bulk at 15% BF. Your bulk or cut results (n my opinion) should result in 16% or less BF. That doesn't mean you can't bulk, it is merely my preference for a safer, easier to manage cycle with better results in the mirror. If you want to follow my rule of thumb and continue to bulk, I would keep in a caloric surplus, but lower the overage and monitor BF closley.

Ok, thank you for your help and for the original post. I will lower my cal surplus a bit and really make sure I am strict on my macros. Seems like cutting on a first cycle would be a terrible idea. I want to get the most out of the cycle. I have experience with cutting and I can usually cut and not loose too much in strength and/or muscle. For a first cycle, would you suggest I do a couple days a week of cardio? Right now I'm lifting every other day. Leg day, push day, pull day, repeat.

Cardio is always good, regardless of goals. You can manipulate your TDEE with cardio so that you don't overdo it with a bulk.

That was real "interesting" I say you can learn something from everyone that's walks the earth. And you can never learn to much...... Keep the "knowledge" coming brother Austinite..

I'd like to thank you too, Austin, for this thread. I'm new to most of this too, even though I have two cycles under my belt. I see now I was really dumb for not taking the time to learn as much as I could have. Thank God nothing went wrong, and I'm sure I could have had much better gains had I followed the nutritional guidelines laid out here. I'm preparing myself for cycle number 3, probably next year sometime or the following year. I'd like to make sure my lifestyle is stable and I have everything I need before I begin. Like you said, I too, know too many guys that are impatient and begin a cycle before having everything they need or meals adjusted properly. Most don't even bother with a PCT. I've always wanted to do it the right way, now I have a better idea of what that is. Thanks again for your help, I've got more reading to do!

That was real "interesting" I say you can learn something from everyone that's walks the earth. And you can never learn to much...... Keep the "knowledge" coming brother Austinite..

lol, what's with the quotes man? :p

I'd like to thank you too, Austin, for this thread. I'm new to most of this too, even though I have two cycles under my belt. I see now I was really dumb for not taking the time to learn as much as I could have. Thank God nothing went wrong, and I'm sure I could have had much better gains had I followed the nutritional guidelines laid out here. I'm preparing myself for cycle number 3, probably next year sometime or the following year. I'd like to make sure my lifestyle is stable and I have everything I need before I begin. Like you said, I too, know too many guys that are impatient and begin a cycle before having everything they need or meals adjusted properly. Most don't even bother with a PCT. I've always wanted to do it the right way, now I have a better idea of what that is. Thanks again for your help, I've got more reading to do!

Glad you can make use of the info my friend.

I'm gonna have to refresh my brain soon. Starting to forget everything I've learned here.

L-Theanine...

What do you guys think happens, physiologically, when someone adds AAS/ancillaries to an immature HPTA?(besides accelerated growth plate closure) I've read of clomid and HCG being used to initiate and/or accelerate puberty in some studies. What effects do you think these compounds would have on a young AAS user? Would it halt maturity? Maybe accelerate it? I love andrology. :nerd:

Last edited:
Hello im new to this .need some advice on off cycle.ive been on sus 250 for about 10 weeks now.taking 1cc every 3days.I appreciate any info thanks.

Hello, two questions:

is HCG completely necessary?

I see you recommend arimidex as an AI. Would you instead recommend new-line AIs which have the suicide function, in that they cause the estradiol to metabolize? I heard traditional AIs don't have this function and just bind to the estradiol. When you stop the AIs, the estradiol can rebound in a nasty way.

Hello, two questions:

is HCG completely necessary?

I see you recommend arimidex as an AI. Would you instead recommend new-line AIs which have the suicide function, in that they cause the estradiol to metabolize? I heard traditional AIs don't have this function and just bind to the estradiol. When you stop the AIs, the estradiol can rebound in a nasty way.

HCG is not "completely necessary". However, it is highly recommended.

Aromasin is a good choice for an AI as well. It is often more expensive than Arimidex however.

Back