My fitness pal app is da sh**t

Prowl

This app has saved my countless hours of adding my daily macros by hand and calculator. This app has everything you just type what u eat and bam laid out macros. Anyone one else love using this app?

This app has saved my countless hours of adding my daily macros by hand and calculator. This app has everything you just type what u eat and bam laid out macros. Anyone one else love using this app?

I hate how it sets up the "goals" for calories or macros and not sure if you can change it from the mobile app or just by visiting the site but yea that app really is a wonder. If you eat a lot of the same meals though, another thing you can do is make an excel spreadsheet and plug everything in and it'll track it. Not as convenient as scanning barcodes and hitting add though lol

I'm taking 500 calories less then maintenance, but it still feels like alot of food I'm eating, oh well I'll see what happens in a week. This app just makes it convent to do.

I hate how it only gives you breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. All of us eat 5-8 meals a day and it only gives us those four. Just wish it was a little more customizable in that aspect.

I hate how it only gives you breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. All of us eat 5-8 meals a day and it only gives us those four. Just wish it was a little more customizable in that aspect.

Not all of us eat 5-8 meals/day. A lot of times I only do 2 or 3 depending on my schedule. It does suck though not being customizable but I just add multiple meals to bfast or dinner or something.

Not all of us eat 5-8 meals/day. A lot of times I only do 2 or 3 depending on my schedule. It does suck though not being customizable but I just add multiple meals to bfast or dinner or something.

How lean are you bro? Just asking because I've always head eating like that is shitty for metabolism.

How lean are you bro? Just asking because I've always head eating like that is shitty for metabolism.

That's chef far from the truth. You've never heard of intermittent fasting (4-8hr eating window) or the warrior diet (1 main meal)? I'm almost 5 months into a bulk so I'm not as lean as I was but metabolism does not speed up with increased meal frequency. The thermic effect of food is based on food volume not frequency and Accounts for about 10% of total caloric intake. If you're diet is 3000 calories and you eat 3 1000 calorie meals, the thermic effect of food (TEF) is 10% x 1000= 100 and multiply that by three meals you get 300 calories for the day burned just by metabolizing your food. If you eat 6 500calorie meals, the TEF becomes 10% x 500 = 50 and multiply that by 6meals and you get the same 300 calories burned from food. You can eat however many meals that is convenient for you but the trick is keeping an isocaloric diet and maintaining macro/micro nutrient sufficiency.

Even if there was a difference, and that's not been repeatedly shown in clinical trials, the difference would be minor (~1-2%). And again that's if you assume there is a difference. 2% of a 3000calorie diet is 60 calories. I could sweat that out going to the bathroom on a hot day lol or taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Hardly an issue worth obsessing unless it happens to be convenient for you to eat that many meals.

Last edited:
With the app I found out I was eating a ton of sodium, so the app helped me tune up my diet. Also back a few months I thought I was eating a certain amount of calories, ended up was eating 200 more then expected. Thanks to the app it helps with a more reliable count of total macros.

With the app I found out I was eating a ton of sodium, so the app helped me tune up my diet. Also back a few months I thought I was eating a certain amount of calories, ended up was eating 200 more then expected. Thanks to the app it helps with a more reliable count of total macros.

Same as me bro, noticing my sodium was super high as well, had to change up what I was eating. Except today, I was in a rush and I needed something to eat went to subway and got a foot long steak and cheese. At the end of the day I still made my caloric needs but my sodium was thru the roof...lol, I'm also intermittent fasting and that was my first meal of the day, it was dam good.lol

I like the app and it has also helped me watch the sodium as well as cholesterol. The one thing I don't like about it is that it gives extra calories for the day if you input cardio but nothing for weight training. Not sure why. I keep my heart rate up in between sets with some sit ups or something else so I know I have to be burning a good amount of calories.

Bro if you go on the website you can set it up for more meals. I have mine set up meal 1, meal 2, meal 3 etc...

This was a gem a stumbled upon, really has a lot of foods that you don't think would be there...but they are. Especially for the odd times I had to order "healthy" foods from a fast food for example. Really shocked me how extensive their list is.

Back