My IPA Senior National Meet Results

roccodart440

Meet results

IPA Senior National Championships
York PA

HAd the flu and a cold. Nice timing. THe meet still went well.

Opened with 440: SMoked it but forgot to take off my thumbloops. Gene Rychlak was the head judge. He called it, fortuantly before the lift had started. I think I got the slowest press command ever.

2nd attempt 470 world record attempt: NIce lift. It went smotthly with only slight hessitation in the trasition portion of the movement. 3 white lights. IPA world record!

3rd attempt: While 475-485 would have been smart and doable, I figured what the hell. I did what I came here to do. Let's let it all hang out. I went for 500. Didn't get it but made my first atempt ever at a 500 bench. It will fall soon enough though.

Thanks to SHawn lattimer, Joe checlovski and Iron asylum gym.

Oh yeah, videos on the way.

Now on a side note some of my training partners set records too. JOe Chec benched an equipped 560@148. NOw that is mind boggling.

roccodart440 said:
The former IPA world record in the 275 raw open pro class was 465. I did 470. Hence a new IPA world record.

There must not be too many raw lifters these days. 470 is an awesome bench, congrats.

roccodart440 said:
The former IPA world record in the 275 raw open pro class was 465. I did 470. Hence a new IPA world record.

Great job bro. That must have felt amazing!! Congrat's.
Are you right at 275lbs??

Last edited:
Rocco what's the age for Senior?

The only reason I ask is because there's this guy that goes to my gym that throws 500 pounds arond like it's hgiw ex-wife on the Bench, and he's probabaly 220 wet.

I'm just trying to figure out the whole world record thing.....

By the way, Congrats!

ManOfMuscle said:
That's about 70 lbs on your raw bench since you've been here right?

105 pounds since joining

Seniors is just the name of it. All of the age divisions still apply. How old is the guy you know?

roccodart440 said:
105 pounds since joining

Seniors is just the name of it. All of the age divisions still apply. How old is the guy you know?

It wasn't me that made the comment about knowing a guy, however I do personally know a guy who can bench 500 raw, he is about 30. I have also watched a couple other individuals hit 5 plates raw, one who is now a pro football player and the other was a random bench monster that used to lift at my gym. 470 is nowhere near a world record, but still very impressive.

ALso training maxes and competition maxes are two different things here. The stress of competing takes the #s down a little bit.

There's guys, and probably a decent amount of them under 275 that could hit 5 bills raw. My 181 training partner hit 425 raw with a pause. but either way he was just stating that it was a world record in the division (IPA) and wieght class 275 that he lifts in and he's in a class of only a very small amount of the population are in.

Nice job rocco, cnat wait to see the vids

Back