My Stubborn Ass Chest

Ken

Can you guys post some chest routines for me please? I have the most stubborn chest and after my first cycle, it seemed to have grown a little bit.. I have gotten way stronger( I did 315 today, 6th set for 1..)

I really cannot seem to get her in gear.. What are some kickass routines?

Thanks in advance!

This is what I did this week:

Smith Machine Inclines
DB Flat Bench
Hammer Strength Inclines
Flyes

If you chest is lacking mass, make sure you have good form on your pressing movements. Keep your shoulders back and make sure the power is coming from your pecs and not your front delts.

ya, tahts my problem. ive been doing it (using my shoulders when i press) for nearly two years and my shoulders are massive buy my chest sucks balls.

skinnyhb said:
ya, tahts my problem. ive been doing it (using my shoulders when i press) for nearly two years and my shoulders are massive buy my chest sucks balls.

EXACTLY!

I also have the same problem. My delts take over for some reason. Even when I try to lower the weight and keep form perfect it feels like my delts are doing to much of the work. It does it worst on my flat presses, my inclines are pretty much all my chest.

This may seem weird at first, but try it.
When pressing, try pinching your shoulder blade together. This will keep your shoulders down and limit their use when pressing. This will feel weird at first, but you will notice a big defference in your chest workout.

Easto said:
This may seem weird at first, but try it.
When pressing, try pinching your shoulder blade together. This will keep your shoulders down and limit their use when pressing. This will feel weird at first, but you will notice a big defference in your chest workout.

RIght on.. WIll give it a try..

Thanks Easto!

On all my chest workouts..... I come down slow, hold for a second about a half inch off my chest, then explode up. This is an awesome burn as well as a great strength increase.

Yea A-rod, my bud showed me this about 4 months ago, I've acheived a tremendous strength increase as well as size.

skinnyhb said:

I had the same problem untill I started doing the following

More dumbell presses , more cable excercises, more pec deck, more flyes and more pushups with my legs raised above shoulder height.

Compund bech doesnt do squat for my chest

I've seen alot of improvement lately with this routine:

4 sets decline barbell (the only exercise that I feel all in the chest and not shoulders)

3 sets incline barbell (rest/pause -- do a set, wait 30 sec. and then squeeze out as many reps as you can)

2 sets hammer strength machine press (get a good squeeze at the top)

same problem here, I keep changing up my routine and it seems to work as of late. Right now Im focusing more on incline db

I definitely believe switching up exercises TOO often is not letting you know which exercises work best for YOU. Everything is trial and error and you need to find the exercises that help you grow, therefore what works for one, has no bearing at all what will work for you. Patience.

Back