My Year With 3J - a journey into fitness

Hmmm...appears we lost some forum days again. No problem, I wanted to post more anyway, so I will repost a larger entry. :)

My last two weeks have been identical to the last entry, with the exception that my weight went up to 198. Sorry for the lame update! :)

Last edited:
I had a lot of motivational problems this week, so getting to the gym was a challenge for me. I skipped leg day and arm day on their normal days (Thurs and Fri) but made up leg day yesterday. I am going to make up arm day today. I want to get them in since I want them to either grow or at least maintain. I have not been increasing my weights recently except for when they are just too easy to do that I know I am not benefitting from the workout. I am doing this to make sure my connective tissues have time to catch up with my muscles. I just saw an old friend I have not seen in over a year and his jaw dropped open. He said I now look like a bruiser, like someone who can pick you up and just break your back over his knee. He had known me for decades and, until recently, I have always been the thin, scrawny person with no muscle to speak of. I see myself all the time, so my view is not the same as his and not such a sudden shock. Nice to hear it! But since I have apparently gained a lot of muscle in a short amount of time, I do not want my connective tissues to lag behind and potentially give me injuries later on.

Onward to the stats - not much has changed. An extra pound and an extra 0.25in around the stomach. Both measurements are within the margin of error or random fluctuations - so basically I have stayed the same. Right now, that is a good thing. :)

Onwards to the stats:

*Weight: 199
*Neck: 16.5
*Chest: 41
*Stomach: 36.25
*Waist Line: 35.5
*Biceps: L: 13.25 R: 13.25
*Thighs: L: 24.25 R: 24.25
*Calves: L: 15.25 R: 15.25
*Forearms: L: 12 R: 12

07-17-15

New blood work is in. I apparently have to increase my AI a bit - I have been forgetting to add a dose when I use TNE. OOPS!! I also would need to increase my liver support, but I am starting to use TAD-600 and will log it. I also gave blood the day before I had the blood work drawn - you can see it dropped me down low in the normal range.

Code:
LabCorp	PATIENT INFORMATION	REPORT STATUS:  FINAL
SPECIMEN INFORMATION
FASTING: Yes

Test Name				Result	Flag	Reference Range
WBC					9.2		3.4-10.8 x10E3/uL
RBC					4.68		4.14-5.80 x10E6/uL
Hemoglobin				13.5		12.6-17.7 g/dL
Hematocrit				42.1		37.5-51.0 %
MCV					90		79-97 fL
MCH					28.8		26.6-33.0 pg
MCHC					32.1		31.5-35.7 g/dL
RDW					14.5		12.3-15.4 %
Platelets				356		150-379 x10E3/uL
Neutrophils				68		 %
Lymphs					17		 %
Monocytes				9		 %
Eos					6		 %
Basos					0		 %
Neutrophils (Absolute)			6.1		1.4-7.0 x10E3/uL
Lymphs (Absolute)			1.6		0.7-3.1 x10E3/uL
Monocytes(Absolute)			0.9		0.1-0.9 x10E3/uL
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Eos (Absolute)				0.6	HIGH	0.0-0.4 x10E3/uL[/COLOR]
Baso (Absolute)				0.0		0.0-0.2 x10E3/uL
Immature Granulocytes			0		 %
Immature Grans (Abs)			0.0		0.0-0.1 x10E3/uL
Glucose, Serum				91		65-99 mg/dL
BUN					18		6-24 mg/dL
Creatinine, Serum			1.16		0.76-1.27 mg/dL
eGFR If NonAfricn Am			75		>59 mL/min/1.73
eGFR If Africn Am			87		>59 mL/min/1.73
BUN/Creatinine Ratio			16		9-20
Sodium, Serum				138		134-144 mmol/L
Potassium, Serum			4.8		3.5-5.2 mmol/L
Chloride, Serum				101		97-108 mmol/L
Carbon Dioxide, Total			23		18-29 mmol/L
Calcium, Serum				9.1		8.7-10.2 mg/dL
Protein, Total, Serum			7.0		6.0-8.5 g/dL
Albumin, Serum				4.3		3.5-5.5 g/dL
Globulin, Total				2.7		1.5-4.5 g/dL
A/G Ratio				1.6		1.1-2.5 
Bilirubin, Total			0.4		0.0-1.2 mg/dL
Alkaline Phosphatase, S			88		39-117 IU/L
[COLOR="#FF0000"]AST (SGOT)				59	HIGH	0-40 IU/L
ALT (SGPT)				69	HIGH	0-44 IU/L
Testosterone, Serum			>1500	HIGH	348-1197 ng/dL[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000FF"]LH					0.1	LOW	1.7-8.6 mIU/mL
FSH					<0.2	LOW	1.5-12.4 mIU/mL[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Estradiol	        	        95      HIGH    7.6-42.6 pg/mL[/COLOR]
Roche ECLIA methodology

Last edited:
Today I start my cut! I am looking forward to it - I am starting to feel fat again! LOL I know I am not, but still...

07-26-15

My first full week of the cut - I simply forgot how HUNGRY I can get! Several months of bulking spoiled me! LOL!

Anyway, here are my current stats...I lost a lot of weight, but it is mostly water weight.

*Weight: 194
*Neck: 16.75
*Chest: 40.75
*Stomach: 36
*Biceps: L: 13 R: 13
*Thighs: L: 24 R: 24
*Calves: L: 15 R: 15

Last edited:
Whoah, I forgot to put in the update for last week. I lost one pound and nothing else changed. I all that a win! lol

8/9/15

I took home a consolation prize from GenCon - in laymen's terms they call it "being sick". :( I hoped it would go away on its own, but it did not, so I went to the doctor. She said something (which is no longer in my system) caused my throat to become raw and for me to get post nasal drip. The post nasal drip had not yet stopped, but it was now irritating my raw throat. This gave me dry coughs, which increased the throat irritation and also increased the post nasal drip. It was worse at night, which prevented me from getting any quality sleep at all - so I was exhausted all the time. I started thinking I might have Mono, but did not. I was simply stuck in an endless cycle of doom! She gave me some cough medicine with Codeine and some Flonaise. Within 2 days I was able to sleep again. She said that, due to my history of nasal problems (as in my entire life - so long I never think about it since it is normal for me) I should take the Flonaise forever. It seems to be really helping, so I very well might.

All that said, I only made it to the gym twice this past week - and only yesterday did I get a serious work out in. I still lost 2 pounds and my chest size increased slightly, so yay for me! Nothing else changed at all. Onto the stats:

*Weight: 191

This sickness is still kicking my ass - though last night I slept like the dead. I closed my eyes at 10pm and when they next opened it was 5am and my bladder felt like there was 5 gallons of water in it. There wasn't, of course, but I am still glad I did not dream of toilets...

All of my semi-weekly injections gave me bad pip this week. I injected on Sunday afternoonish and the spots still hurt today. Even my prescription test shot hurt, so I know it is me and not my gear. 3J told me things like this remind us we are not invincible - even though we may think we are at times. I prefer to get my reminders from reading what happens to others, but I supposed every now and again it is my turn to be the reminder.

That's great progress. I'm also getting ready to bulk cycle in a few months once I get everything sorted out. We have very similar stats, im hoping to gain about the same weight when it's all said and done. 3J got me eating some more now and I stopped cardio which feels great after 8 months of dieting lol.

I took my blood test yesterday and got the results today. I wish I had researched codeine a bit before doing the blood test, as codeine is hard on the liver. The doctor gave me both cough syrup with codeine and flonaise to combat my sickness. My liver values are quite high due to the codeine - meaning my results are skewed. I was horribly shocked to see the high numbers!

My other out of range readings are easily explained. The Test, LH, and FSH levels are out of range due to me being on TRT and blasting right now. EOS Absolute is high due to seasonal allergies. The RDW and Platelet count is high due to me giving blood too often - I gave blood two weeks before GenCon and then gave again while at GenCon (they advertised it as "creating Life Potions" - I could not resist!). The high RDW means I have a lot more immature red blood cells than normal and a high platelet is usually caused by either inflammation or by a low iron level. My throat was inflamed and I am most likely low on iron now that I gave so much blood in such a short amount of time. The treatment is a low dose aspirin a day and monitor it until it returns to normal.

Onto the blood test results:

Code:
LabCorp	PATIENT INFORMATION	REPORT STATUS:  FINAL
SPECIMEN INFORMATION
FASTING: Yes

Test Name				Result	Flag	Reference Range
WBC					8.6		3.4-10.8 x10E3/uL
RBC					4.7		4.14-5.80 x10E6/uL
Hemoglobin				13.3		12.6-17.7 g/dL
Hematocrit				40.3		37.5-51.0 %
MCV					86		79-97 fL
MCH					23.3		26.6-33.0 pg
MCHC					33		31.5-35.7 g/dL
[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]RDW					20.4	HIGH	12.3-15.4 %
Platelets				423	HIGH	150-379 x10E3/uL[/COLOR][/B]
Neutrophils				59		 %
Lymphs					23		 %
Monocytes				9		 %
Eos					8		 %
Basos					0		 %
Neutrophils (Absolute)			5.1		1.4-7.0 x10E3/uL
Lymphs (Absolute)			2		0.7-3.1 x10E3/uL
Monocytes(Absolute)			0.7		0.1-0.9 x10E3/uL
[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Eos (Absolute)				0.7	HIGH	0.0-0.4 x10E3/uL[/COLOR][/B]
Baso (Absolute)				0.0		0.0-0.2 x10E3/uL
Immature Granulocytes			1		 %
Immature Grans (Abs)			0.1		0.0-0.1 x10E3/uL
Glucose, Serum				89		65-99 mg/dL
BUN					17		6-24 mg/dL
Creatinine, Serum			1.14		0.76-1.27 mg/dL
eGFR If NonAfricn Am			77		>59 mL/min/1.73
eGFR If Africn Am			89		>59 mL/min/1.73
BUN/Creatinine Ratio			15		9-20
Sodium, Serum				139		134-144 mmol/L
Potassium, Serum			4.9		3.5-5.2 mmol/L
Chloride, Serum				101		97-108 mmol/L
Carbon Dioxide, Total			22		18-29 mmol/L
Calcium, Serum				9.2		8.7-10.2 mg/dL
Protein, Total, Serum			7.1		6.0-8.5 g/dL
Albumin, Serum				4.3		3.5-5.5 g/dL
Globulin, Total				2.8		1.5-4.5 g/dL
A/G Ratio				1.5		1.1-2.5 
Bilirubin, Total			1.1		0.0-1.2 mg/dL
[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Alkaline Phosphatase, S			121   	HIGH    39-117 IU/L
AST (SGOT)				71	HIGH	0-40 IU/L
ALT (SGPT)				113	HIGH	0-44 IU/L
Testosterone, Serum			>1500	HIGH	348-1197 ng/dL[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000FF"]LH					0.1	LOW	1.7-8.6 mIU/mL
FSH					<0.2	LOW	1.5-12.4 mIU/mL[/COLOR][/B]
Estradiol	        	        38.1           7.6-42.6 pg/mL
Roche ECLIA methodology

I have stayed sick. Been very run down, barely able to move around for a few hours without needing to take a 30 min rest. Been pretty sucky since my daughter and her boyfriend are visiting from Illinois, but I have managed. Helped a friend move yesterday and did not feel like I wanted to die, so I take that as an improvement. All my stats stayed the same except for my weight, which went up one pound. I guess I kept my calories up a little too much, heh.

Ugh...I wish I recovered as fast as I did when I was in my 20s...but being in my upper 40s I do not. Still, I am in the best shape of my life so there is that wonderful positive, even if I am sick.

Onto the stats:

*Weight: 192

I think I have finally moved past the sickness. It got so bad I could only do three hours of basic moving about and such before needing a 30 minute rest! My throat is just a little raw still in the upper portion, but compared to when my entire throat was on fire it is a mere flesh wound. :) I actually feel well enough to hit the gym today. Should be back day, but I think I am going to do chest day if the gym is not too busy. Chest day makes me feel manly without making me feel old...

Went to the gym for a real workout yesterday - for the first time in about 3 weeks (first week I was at GenCon and the gym in the hotel was lame, next two weeks I was very sick). Man, it was ROUGH!! Still, I pressed on through it and felt good about myself afterwards. It was hard to motivate myself to go, but once there I was happy I arrived. :)

To top it all off, I am going to start weaning off the Wellbutrin XL soon - my drive to succeed should return as it exits my system.

Today I hit my back - not in a bad way like I hurt it, but in a good way at the gym. I forgot how sore I get when I push hard. I have reduced my weights until I am back into the swing of things and I am STILL sore! It is a good sore, one I am actually happy about. Go Me!!!

Things got worse again...as detailed in my apologies for not being around much thread. Still getting crap sleep, but I am sure that is because I have messed up my sleep pattern. Trying to get that back into the correct sync is hard, but I know it can be done. I gained back 4 pounds and regained the 1/2 inch I lost around the waste, but I suppose it could be worse. Physically, I am now feeling fine. Mentally, I am drained and tired. I am going to hit the gym during lunch today for an impromptu chest day - I always feel good after chest day. I am going to do lighter than normal weight so I can ease back into things.

May such a sickness never strike me again...

09/14/15

Still getting almost no sleep. Only 2 hours at a shot, then an hour up, rinse and repeat. I am no longer taking Wellbutrin XL at all, just finished the weaning off period. I also found out Wellbutrin is a stimulant...and the XL version makes sure it is always active in the body. Grrr... I also think the mix of other drugs I needed to take for the other issues are combining to make me not sleep well also. Slowly removing them as they are no longer needed. I am keeping the Flonase, it seems to do a good job all the time.

None of my measurements changed except weight, I am still slowly rising when I should be dropping. I am at 194 now, up from 188 or so. 3J has me doing a 2 week Keto diet to kick start my body back into shape. I am hopeful this will help.

I CAN say that my motivation is slowly returning (something I lost immediately upon starting Wellbutrin) and my feeling of well being, happiness, etc., is also returning as well. Of course, becoming healthy again is the most likely cause of all that. :) Once I start getting good sleep, I will be back to the old me. I have just started taking Melatonin to help me sleep. I asked my doctor about Ambien and she said it was VERY powerful and she would only use it as a last resort. If the melatonin does not work, I am going to have a sleep study done.

Back