Naseua after lift..

Trucker111

You know the feeling, everybody loves it. Most of the time, it means you had a great workout..

What do you guys do to get rid of the feeling quicker??

Sometimes it only for like 15-20 mins.. but other times i lasts for like 45 mins.

Usually, I need to go out in the cold and breathe deeply, that seems to help with the nausea.

I throw up often, and almost every leg day. Everybody loves it?? Damn I hate it and would do anything to avoid it. Ive learned not to eat anything within 2 hours of my leg training, except maybe an apple right before or something similar. You want the feeling to go away quickly...honestly the fastest way is just to let yourself puke. (maybe not the BEST idea, but it is the fastest for sure) :insane:

I get it after a set of high rep squats or a long hard medley of events. I don't like the heat (and it is 120 most days in the Summer here) so I get to the shade and a fan and put a COLD ice pack on my body...or a few of them. I keep a cooler with me at my gym as it is (no heat/ac/electricity/water, etc...).

B True

never really felt it..never puked ever
bout the only thing is sometimes ill get a little dizzy see stars that happened when i broke a few vessels in my eye squatting

I never feel naseua either and I know that it isn't from lack of effort/intensity. I have a pretty strong stomach though I hardly ever throw up.

I get them on leg days mostly... just a slight nausea feeling, never really over-whelming except for a few times..

Being that I'm tall (6'6) somebody mentioned once that it's prob caused by all the blood filling my legs and having less in my head??

I have felt it many, many times, but only actually got sick once.

I dumped a 100gram protein shake.. wasn't too impressed.

But I felt perfectly fine afterwards.

High rep squats will do it to you everytime.

i got that feeling right now. just finish my workout.
i thing it was zy******* post on another board
he said the feeling come over you because so much
blood is diplaced into your muscle your brain tells the stomach to
discharge its content to save the core body.

i CANNOT eat anything before i workout. Lil caffine that's about it. If i can't do my workout first thing in the am then, i need at least 2.5-3hrs from my last meal before i can hit the weights. If i eat right before i workout, even the slightest thing, guaranteed nausea, burping, acid, ugh. It's the worst. I know i probly lose some power b/c of the lack of nutrients, but i'd rather that than the feeling in my stomach.

Feeling nausea doesnt mean you had a great workout and has nothing to do with it. I only get it when I'm off cycle and it does help wearing a hat (keeping the head warm). If I do get nausea, laying down helps but it will not go away. Once it lasted for a whole hour and very strong. I had to go to the sauna and lay down which helped; cause I didnt feel like throwing up and never have.

Back