NCAA Ban on mascots...

lavee383

Sir Ngr to you.
Nice one NCAA...dumbasses...

I actually like something that Gov Bush just said...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...bc.fl.floridast.seminol.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Gov. Jeb Bush criticized NCAA officials on Tuesday for their decision to penalize Florida State for using an American Indian nickname and symbols, saying they instead insulted the university and a proud Seminole Tribe of Florida.

The NCAA's finding that the school's Seminoles nickname is "hostile and offensive," instead of honoring American Indians has the opposite effect, the governor said, because the tribe supports the school's use of its name.

"I think it's offensive to native Americans ... the Seminole Indian tribe who support the traditions of FSU," Bush said on his way into a Cabinet meeting. "I think they insult those people by telling them, 'No, no, you're not smart enough to understand this. You should be feeling really horrible about this.' It's ridiculous."

"How politically correct can we get?" Bush asked. "The folks that make these decisions need to get out more often."

"If you have the Seminole Tribe and Gov. Bush on your side, how can you go wrong?" Florida State University Vice President Lee Hinkle said Wednesday.

Bush said the NCAA must have better things to do that sit around worrying about the nicknames adopted by its member institutions.

"You know what they ought to be worried about? The graduation rates of most college athletes," the second-term Florida governor said. "Maybe if they had some suggestions on that, that universities could apply and could implement, they could be doing a service to all of us."

I Agree! In Fact, Somebody Told Me That Seminole Tribe Makes A Profit Off Fsu. The Person I Was Talking To Said Fsu Gets To A Bowl This Season They Ought To Invite The Entire Seminole Tribe In Their Traditional Indian Dress! That Would Really P.o. Ncaa. Its Really Getting Bad Who Are The Morons. Don't Call Me A Prophet But Watch In A Few Years The Animal Rights People (peta) Get Involved & Say That Colorado Buffalos Or Auburn War Eagle/tigers Or Bull Dogs Can't Have Mascots Because Its Either In Humane Or Offensive To The Animal! You Know You've Got Problems When College Football The Last Bastion Of Americana Unblemished Is Becoming Tarnished By These Radical Libs Who Don't Think. This Is P.c. Crap Which Is What It Is Going To Flush College Football Down The "crapper". But That Is Just My Opinion. Don't They Have Something Better Else To Do Like Regulate Steroid Testing Rather Than Mascots?

Wolverine 1 said:
I Agree! In Fact, Somebody Told Me That Seminole Tribe Makes A Profit Off Fsu. The Person I Was Talking To Said Fsu Gets To A Bowl This Season They Ought To Invite The Entire Seminole Tribe In Their Traditional Indian Dress! That Would Really P.o. Ncaa. Its Really Getting Bad Who Are The Morons. Don't Call Me A Prophet But Watch In A Few Years The Animal Rights People (peta) Get Involved & Say That Colorado Buffalos Or Auburn War Eagle/tigers Or Bull Dogs Can't Have Mascots Because Its Either In Humane Or Offensive To The Animal! You Know You've Got Problems When College Football The Last Bastion Of Americana Unblemished Is Becoming Tarnished By These Radical Libs Who Don't Think. This Is P.c. Crap Which Is What It Is Going To Flush College Football Down The "crapper". But That Is Just My Opinion. Don't They Have Something Better Else To Do Like Regulate Steroid Testing Rather Than Mascots?

You write like shit . . . .FUCK that was hard to read

its the PC shit that is ruining this nation...oh...we don't want to hurt their feelings...oh, you really should be upset at that...i can call you cracka but damned if i want to hear anyone else call me cracka...that just wouldn't be right!

its needle dick suits that run that shit. they need to put some beer drinkin, pizza loving fans in charge. i think they... along with some smart people, could find whats best.

instead they have fags that got picked on all through school, and molested by their fathers till they were 24 running that shit, who can't just leave things alone.

Who is Mike Jones? said:
You write like shit . . . .FUCK that was hard to read

i agree; i have no clue what was being said. gave me a migrane just looking at it.

what's the topic here anyway, masscots? i'm part native american and to fuck all ya'all, cuz here goes my 2 cents in rebuttal.

having a crazy, lunatic represent your entire race is wack. native americans should not be represented by a bright red face, grinning like a fucking retard, carrying an hatchet like a maniac killer. what the fuck?
maybe there should be a team called the Moulies, represented by a dark black freak with giant white teeth, a massively wide nose, and a giant 2 foot afro...and he goes around singing psalms, with a fried chicken leg in his right hand, watermelon in his left, and chains around his legs?
or maybe a Greek team, with giant arched noses, fagget-like hair, and a dude constantly drilling his ass?
or an Irishman showing the effects of massive plague, carrying a heap of potatos like a fucking idiot drunk?
or the yankees could be represented by a 5'9", 400# obese fucker with a mullet, carrying a heap of welfare checks and a mega supersize big gulp? dont forget his overalls and a soiled wife beater.

sorry, but native american's have endured enough. don't believe me, volunteer (you know what that means?) at a local reservation once. a fine piece of land they were forced on. fsu would be better represented by a gang of inmates anyway, given the criminal records of most of their athletes.

i too am part NA...it doesn't bother me...but i'm sure we'll never see eye to eye on this issue...

if F S U had a drunk indian walking around begging for money, then yes, it would piss me the fuck off...but no...they have a warrior as their mascot...uh...hello? what part of that is offensive? every single N.A. mascot is (imo) not even close to being a put down on any nation...but then again...what the fuck do i know...

attached is the single most common "icon" in sports representing native americans (also popular are various warrior weapons). by and large, native american cultures were NOT violent warriors. instead, it was their lack of hostility that (in part) led to their easy defeat and near eradication. i've yet to meet an insane looking, stupid-grinning, beet-red-faced, hysterical indian as depicted below. maybe i'm wrong, and they were all red-devil-faced-killers? damnit where are the masscots for arabs?! i wanna see a long white beard, huge fucking nose, taliban rag on his dome, and a hand holding up a severed head! put that on the side of your football stadium!

Last edited:
the single most? so you are basing all this on the Cleveland Indian's design? also, who said anything about violent? most, if not all tribes, revere themselves as warriors...na's are a very proud people...very peacefull but also very strong warriors as well...we as Americans are peacefull, yet we revere ourselves as "warriors" as well. yet there is a team with Patriots as their mascot...i don't see any of us all decked out in that garb and looking like that (except for maybe the GOP rallies)...yet should i be offended at that? i don't like the way it looks but it doesn't offend my American pride...the vast majority of mascots are of a symbol of power...what better way to say power than that of a na...???

yes, Cleveland doesn't have THE best design...and i can see your point on that one to a certain extent...helll, i've never like the Cleveland Indians at all...i'm a cubbie...lol

a red-faced, hysterical jackass is a symbol of power? what? funny that the vast majority of real native americans oppose these images. and if one were to study the comprehensive history of native americans, they would find that native americans by and large were NOT warriors. there were only a handful of tribes with distinctions for being warriors. most were pastoral farmers, herders, etc. as they occupied a huge territory with distinguishable boundaries between major tribes, there was very little reason for violence - until colonization. anyway, everyone obviously sees things the way they wish. but if the majority oppose the symbols, then i think this is reason enough to make some subtle changes. no reason to ban all mascots though.

i never said that the cleveland mascot was a symbol of power..."the vast majority of mascots are of a symbol of power".

i guess we are talking to the wrong people as the majority i've seen and talked to have no probs with them...

make subtle changes...correct...tweak them a bit and let's move on...now like i said b4 cleveland isn't the best...they would have a lot of changing to do...lol

fuck with everybody thinks i am part native american an if there was something offensive toward the african american race, latino, ect . everyone would be all up in arms ... fuck we STOLE ALL THE INDIANS land and OUR GREAT GOVERMENT HASANT DONE SHIT FOR THEM, if it was a black tribe from africa they would want the fucking fillings out of my teeth to build a fucking memorial for them, I LOVE MY COUNTRY BUT I HATE OUR GOVERMENT, white people an native americans are the most discriminated people on the planet , when are we all gonna stand and make our voice heard. oh but wait if we do that we are considered racists :flipoffha

all this nonsense has spread to the highschool level as well. In the local newspapers, there was a story about a group protesting my old high school`s team name and macot ( the Port Neches- Groves Indians ), However this group was silenced when the school produced written consent directly from the Cherokee nation for use of the name, mascot likeness and the fight song. That shut them the hell up.

I`m tired of all of these overly sensitive special interest groups whining over stupid shit. And I`m sick of our government trying to bend over backwards to appease every single one of these groups. Thats a big reason why our government never accomplishes anything, because they are too busy catering to these whiny groups and organizations. I mean come on, with all thats messed up in this country, they`re gonna go after team names and mascots? In this day and age when many feel that they may have to take out a second mortgage just to keep their gas tanks filled so they can simply go to work? And people are getting killed in a country whose people celebrated in the streets on 9-11? Seems to me that the governments priorities are way out of whack.

im Glad they have created a mascot hall. this way it can show how much these mascots are and can be looked at for representing the pride of people, countries, states, or cities.

Back