NEED HELP for Basic training

Derexan

Novice
As of now i can do around 30-40 Pushups. Yeah, not great but not that bad as i haven't hit the weights in a couple months but i've been doing a lot of distance running. I can run a good 6:45 mile and run 6+ miles. This sunday i'm getting my gym membership and i'd like a complete workout geared towards getting better at Running, pushups, and situps. I can do a lot of situps i really don't know but i can do 100+ but it starts sucking my strength around 45. Obviously i'm going to have to Do all of the above, but i'd like some auxilliary workouts that will improve my pushups, situps, and my running speed. I'd also like some good sets for pushups.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ps. No squats. and oh yeah i leave July 18th

Derexan said:
As of now i can do around 30-40 Pushups. Yeah, not great but not that bad as i haven't hit the weights in a couple months but i've been doing a lot of distance running. I can run a good 6:45 mile and run 6+ miles. This sunday i'm getting my gym membership and i'd like a complete workout geared towards getting better at Running, pushups, and situps. I can do a lot of situps i really don't know but i can do 100+ but it starts sucking my strength around 45. Obviously i'm going to have to Do all of the above, but i'd like some auxilliary workouts that will improve my pushups, situps, and my running speed. I'd also like some good sets for pushups.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ps. No squats. and oh yeah i leave July 18th

Stew Smith Workouts

Check that site...lots of good info...

US Army APFT Conditioning Program

Red, White and Blue Fitness

Semper Fitness

Last edited:
Back