Need new cardio ideas

Madine21

The Shiznit
I have been doing my 30-40min cardio on either elliptical, treadmill, or stairmaster(or all three in one session), and I'm BORED!! Not to mention, I believe my body is now conditioned for these movements because I don't see the fat burn like I used to. I need some new indeas :confused:
I've tried running/jogging, but I always get shin splints and it kills my chest(I have big boobs, so it is NOT comfortable!)

Please enlighten me.....:D

I think I know which piece of equipment that is, but I've never come across that one, yet. I have a great gym, but they don't have those yet.
Isn't that the new thing I've seen on TV lately? It's got the people on it, in the mountains, barely sweating....because we all do our cardio in the middle of the Grand Canyon!!? Right.
Those things kill me...

it looks like this:
stepmill7000pt.jpg

Chickie said:
laps in the pool is a great low impact cardio excersise for ya :)

This is SO true, but I don't have access to a pool. At least not one big enough for swimming laps?!
Does anyone jumprope? I've heard that it can kick your butt, too, but I'm not so sure about all of the bouncing involved......or is it more like a bob, than a bounce....? boobs can handle bobbing, but not bouncing.......hmmmmmm:rolleyes:

i jump rope! i love it. on my cardio days i jogg and then at different stops i jump rope as fast as i can. if you have boobs that like to bounce/bob, this may be a bit much for em. you should just strap them puupies down with multiple tight sports bras, and if that doenst do it, duct tape em. it works wonders :)

Madine, my chest is a lil on the larger side as well. I buy my sports bras a size too small to keep them in line;)

also, ever try rollerbladding? really tones my legs, and great cardio

roller bladding huh? i think i should try that too. have you ever tried duct tape? :D. im playin! i have a friend that has pretty big boobs. we used to run track together. she would always complain to me that they hurt when she would run or sprint and wearing 2 bras would only help a little. she was pretty fast too, but i think the boobs slowed her down. but, the same can happen to guy. not the boob area though. my brother was coming down the stairs one day in his boxers. i guess too much action was going on down there, because by the time he made it to the bottom, he was crouched over nearly in tears.

i would like to add, if i had access to a lap pool, would i get the same benefit with floaties? DONT LAUGH! im serious, its not like the duct tape! i liked to stay dry when i was younger, so i never learned. but if i start swimming now, ill learn.

Prana said:
Madine, my chest is a lil on the larger side as well. I buy my sports bras a size too small to keep them in line;)

also, ever try rollerbladding? really tones my legs, and great cardio

Yes, I do have a method: I bought one of those $60.00 sports bras that isolates each breast, then I wear a smaller jog bra over that, then I also wear one of my tanks that have a built-in bralette. That's alot of layers, I think all I would need would be a catcher's mask & glove and I'd be set!?? ! So, if I could ever get away with not having to wear all of that gear, I will! :p :rolleyes:

I've never tried rollerblades, about how much is a good pair of those? Is there any special type or features that you like?

chicmuscle said:
i would like to add, if i had access to a lap pool, would i get the same benefit with floaties? DONT LAUGH! im serious, its not like the duct tape! i liked to stay dry when i was younger, so i never learned. but if i start swimming now, ill learn.

LOL!!! You poor thing! You need to take some lessons, soon!!!!
You know, I would think that you would get an even more intense cardio session with floaties because it is creating resistance in the water. It would probably be very awkward for you, though! You would need lessons at any rate, because you need to learn the strokes.
Check into a local YMCA, or local pool...
The ability to swim is definitely a necessity nowadays.

thanks, i will ckeck into the YMCA or a local pool to learn how.
Floaties adding extra resistance = a good workout. i figure even after i learn i can still add on extra floaties to up the resistance when needed. then eentually a FULL body floaty :) ill be going absolutly nowhere but breaking an intense sweat
and i too would like to know some recommended HIIT routines.

Back