Need some advice on pre cycle bloodwork

DeepSea4Life

Hey guys so just got my blood work back from 6th week of test only cycle. 600 mg week

the doctor had no problem taking initial test before cycle but then she doubled back and said she wasn't comfortable monitoring my levels. so the only thing I got back was

Estradiol- 173
lh value- .2 range 1.2-8.6

est seems really high

taking .5 Arimidex EOD and HCG 500 iu weekly

feel great, retaining some water.

Last edited:
That's really high AND you're taking a significant amount of Adex. You must aromatize easily. My estradiol hasn't even peaked above 40, so I'll let others chime in on what to do.

I think it'd be wise to get that number down even though you feel good!

Hey guys so just got my blood work back from 6th week of test only cycle. 600 mg week

the doctor had no problem taking initial test before cycle but then she doubled back and said she wasn't comfortable monitoring my levels. so the only thing I got back was

Estradiol- 173

est seems really high

What unita is the E2 in? And please post the reference range.

No ref range on the Estradiol. lists as follows

Estradiol (est) Estradiol Value :173

I don't know if this could happen on a day my test peaked where I wasn't on the AI for a day?
or if my Arimidex could be bunk. They look and taste real

No ref range on the Estradiol. lists as follows

Estradiol (est) Estradiol Value :173

I don't know if this could happen on a day my test peaked where I wasn't on the AI for a day?
or if my Arimidex could be bunk. They look and taste real

Need to at least know the units. Is it pg/ml?

Estradiol- 173

est seems really high

Hey mate I had the same thing with my results but they were in pmol/L instead of pg/ml. Not sure if yours are the same but 173 pmol/L equals around 47pg/ml.

I do not know. I will have to contact this doctor in order. Davo, Could be. And actually I was unaware of that completely. I assumed It would all be pg/ml and had me pretty nervous. This may explain not having the major symptoms I could expect like sex drive depression etc. Why would she not list the units

Last edited:
I do not know. I will have to contact this doctor in order. Davo, Could be. And actually I was unaware of that completely. I assumed It would all be pg/ml and had me pretty nervous. This may explain not having the major symptoms I could expect like sex drive depression etc. Why would she not list the units

Better question is why didn't you ask for a copy of your blood work and ask for the units up front?

yup.. its likely a different unit of measurement.. esp on that much adex.. unless adex is bunk

Better question is why didn't you ask for a copy of your blood work and ask for the units up front?

I did and they took my blood, when I came in the next day before 10 am for testosterone draw she said she wasn't comfortable any longer monitoring my levels.. And she sent me a portion of the bloods with no units.

yup.. its likely a different unit of measurement.. esp on that much adex.. unless adex is bunk

Even if the adex is bunk isn't 173 super super high?

I'm not showing very many symptoms of extremely high est. No acne, skin isn't SUPER oily. No depression no problems with erections or lasting erections.. No sleep problems etc

there is talk off and on about an ideal t to e ratio, but I am not buying it. I think 20-40 or so is fine for most guys. i know some say they have gyno symptoms around 40, but I would find it hard to believe that actual gyno can develop at that level for 99% of the men out there. The other thing to consider, and I am not up on it enough to really talk about, but you do need a certain amount of E to build muscle and strentgh, go too low and your performance in those areas will suffer.

It is scary to think of how many overweight and obese men are walking around with natty E2 levels of 50,60, 80 and above (of which the vast majority do not have gyno{they may have a fatty chest}).

All of this depends on what range you are talking about - I am using what mine says on my labs and it is around 12-50 or so.

Your doctor saw your LH, now they know something is up. Why didn't you get a private 60 dollar blood test, that includes ranges and FAR more information? You had a lump in another thread, now you're saying you have no issues... Which is it? :wiggle:

Your doctor saw your LH, now they know something is up. Why didn't you get a private 60 dollar blood test, that includes ranges and FAR more information? You had a lump in another thread, now you're saying you have no issues... Which is it? :wiggle:

I looked for locations near me for private test, the one in the faq ology sticky but there isn't anything in my area. I'm western north Dakota working oilfield. I had a very small lump forming behind left nipple so I increased ADEX from .25 eod to .5 and it has gone away completely.

No fatty chest veins are visable in my upper abs and chest all the way up into my traps and neck. the only sign I see is my stomack is slightly bloated. and probably due to how much water I drink during the work day and the massive calorie diet

I looked for locations near me for private test, the one in the faq ology sticky but there isn't anything in my area. I'm western north Dakota working oilfield. I had a very small lump forming behind left nipple so I increased ADEX from .25 eod to .5 and it has gone away completely.

No fatty chest veins are visable in my upper abs and chest all the way up into my traps and neck. the only sign I see is my stomack is slightly bloated. and probably due to how much water I drink during the work day and the massive calorie diet

I spent three minutes on Google and found five labcorp locations in ND, and didn't look for Quest Diagnostics at all. Sure, you're working in BFE, but most Canadians have to take a road trip too.

Where there's a will, there's a way. :)

It's impossible to know what's going on without a blood test, but on the bright side you at least have somewhat an idea. Just need to contact your doctor's office to get the rest, including reference ranges. By law the results are yours, so don't let them give you a run around.

In the future, I strongly recommend taking a day to get labs done privately. If private MD labs doesn't have a cooperating office near you, try Labsmd.com - they are their sister company that works with Quest.

It's just very hard to make changes or fix problems without some actual numbers, that's all. :)

Some guidance please. got a portion of the labs today the rest will be in later.

est 173 pg/ml
lh .2
3t4 .87 .75-1.54
tsh 1.5 .5-6
lipids cholesterol 1.3
hdl 53
ldl 80

Is it possible my est is that high on legit arimidex? at .5mg eod

and if it is or not what action should I take. start taking a serm?

Some guidance please. got a portion of the labs today the rest will be in later.

est 173 pg/ml
lh .2
3t4 .87 .75-1.54
tsh 1.5 .5-6
lipids cholesterol 1.3
hdl 53
ldl 80

Is it possible my est is that high on legit arimidex? at .5mg eod

and if it is or not what action should I take. start taking a serm?

Yes, it is possible. But if it were me I would try a new batch of Arimidex or Aromasin. It may be bunk or underdosed. Most guys would have a much lower E2 on what you are running.

Thanks. Since I don't have either of those on hand from another source, should I consider clomid or nolva in the mean time? Or maybe go to .5 mg every day and see if bloating subsides

doesn't make sense why the arimidex would be bunk when the test is legit and is working good

Last edited:
Back