need your opinions to write this paper

Italion Stallion

God's Gift to Women
I am writing a paper on steroids in sports for a class im taking. I am going to be printing this thread out and handing it into my professor so please keep the BS jokes to a minimum because she isnt going to understand them.

so what do you guys think about steroids being used in sports and why?

hopefully there will be some arduements here that will help me write this paper.

Thanks guys

Last edited:
i think steroids are great for sports... personally i would rather see mark, sammy and barry hit 60 homeruns in a season rather than 30. sports are for entertainment, therefore if steroids are necessary to improve gameplay than let it fly. i would rather watch big ass guys tackling each other than a bunch of deflated 12 year old vegetarians getting hurt. if there were team managers that monitored and administered the injections and everyone' s post cycle therapy (pct) and cycles in general than i would think it would be safe and fine in the sports world... remember sports exist for fat guys who can't run and need to live out their glory days on a couch with their buddies.

cosigns
I think most top athletes are probably on anyway.
I have no problems with them using gear as long as it is done safely. Sports are far more interesting when records are being broken all the time

you have to draw a line somewhere, but i disagree that Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) is where the line needs to be drawn.

for instance, if you could create biomechanical muscle implants that could allow guys to lift 50000lbs, that would take all the fun out of sports. i think most of us would agree that it would be outside the lines.

but if you were to have athletes train every day with $8000 machines and medical consultations and workout regimens that would have killed an athlete 100 years ago, then it's pretty clear that would be inside the lines, because thats what is happening today.

AAS is way closer to the latter than the former.

I think use of ASS in Major Legue sports gives an un-fair advantage for those who choose to not Administer Steroids and desire to stay natural.. Do they create an unlevel playing field? Of course..

However, If you left the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) usage to Football players, Or Bodybuilders / Powerlifters or just for Rec use.. You wouldn't hear any buzz at all. The media would probably just ignore it's existance. and carry on with other drama.

I think it's that un-level playing field that gives ASS users in major league sports the advantage over natural players.. that causes all the ruckus..

Think about it, Lets say An ASS user enters an all natural Body building conest.. Where the guy beside him spent his entire life to get to that level of conditioning And the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) user beside him is jacked large... Is that fair? didn't think so! Nor do i respect it. The Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) user should have came out to play with the big boys And left the natural competiton alone.. Must be making up for the fact that he has a small penis or lacking sense elsewhere.

Really, That's my opinion.. I don't play sports. So i don't care. I bodybuild, I use steroids. and i've never felt better. ever.

its like a video game, once you get the cheats and fool around with the game for a while, it gets boring. Once you start doing steroids in baseball, it loses its taste.imho

Talk about a level playing field is pointless. There's no such thing as a level field - everyone has different genetics, different abilities, different diets, different training programs, etc. etc. Are we going to create a separate professional basketball league for short, white guys? If anabolic steroids are considered cheating - would creatine be cheating as well? What about anti-inflammatories? Protein shakes? Painkillers? It seems to me that an artificial line has been arbitrarily drawn between what is considered acceptable and what isn't.

That being said, the professional sports associations pay the players and get to determine what rules they play by. As one NBA player put it when discussing the new dress code, "They pay me, they make the rules, and I want to work." However, as was said earlier, sports would lose a lot of attention, spectators and money if the records and limits of the past were not being pushed by new players. Before Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa had their home run race some baseball teams were giving tickets away.

Steroids are as much a part of pro sports, as is nutrition, training or rest. It is just another tool to get better. Athletes should take every advantage they can, or they are cheating themselves. Everybody pro takes them so the playing field is still leveled; it's not a reason to ban them. But most fans of the sport don't take them, and fans mean money. Banning steroids is about money. Most idiotic fans won't look up to their hero if they know he's been pharmaceutically enhanced, so they must be lead to believe the sport is 'clean' to respect the athlete. Smarter people realize everybody uses, but also realize this isn't 'cheating' and still respect the athletes.

its like a video game, once you get the cheats and fool around with the game for a while, it gets boring. Once you start doing steroids in baseball, it loses its taste.imho
I see your point. But I don't think steroids give that much of an extreme dimension.

Actually, I can't find one good reason to ban steroids use in pro sport at all.

i dont think we will be able to keep steroids out of sports totally. there will always be new "undetectible" (at least for a period of time) steroids in sports. if we take that as a fact then we should let performance enhancing drugs into sports. this is the only way to "level the playing field"

i'm always the one lookin at the cheat codes anyways, i think it'd be cool see, it might get outta hand, esp. in football where size is everything

Back