New guy, help me lose this gut!

roofus

Hey guys, new here. I figured I would make my first post in the section that needs the most attention for me before I start my first cycle. I have been weight training for a year and have had some great gains in both muscle size and weights in the gym. I have cleaned up my diet to mostly meat and vegtables, and water only. My chest, arms, and shoulders have really toned up, arms have went from a flabby 16" to a tighter 18". I am going to continue my lifting routine, but put some more time into losing the gut that I have. My question, is what do you all recomend in burning belly fat? I was born with a club foot which is corrected now, but I am limited on my cardio because of my ankle issues. Running and elleiptical is out of the question, but I will try anything you guys suggest!

lift to failure with intensity, there are many studies showing 30 minutes of heaving lifting burns more calls then 30 minutes of cardio,

eat high fat and low carb and you can switch your body over into a fat burner... but i dont know the specifics of this strategy.

also i forgot, on guys, the lower area, especialy sides, is where glocuose spikes are going to stored, so really really look into controlling your blood sugar,,,, keep whole grains, and whole sources of food a main source, and little to no of anything processed

lift to failure with intensity, there are many studies showing 30 minutes of heaving lifting burns more calls then 30 minutes of cardio,

eat high fat and low carb and you can switch your body over into a fat burner... but i dont know the specifics of this strategy.

I believe that about the lifting, i usually finish my last sets to failure, and I have lost fat from my chest up, but my belly is still there. Maybe i can up my crunches and try to do them a couple more times a week.

About the high fat and low carb diet, i have been trying to steer away from fat but i will look into it.

its all diet. Calories in vs calories out. Find ur daily maintance calories then subtract 300-500 cals a day.

I would honestly look at running ketogenic with something like Whole30 to detox and paleo for maintenance until you get to a weight you're happy with. Lifting weights is fine, but your metabolism is in a bad place right now. Fix that first and everything else will work better.

I would honestly look at running ketogenic with something like Whole30 to detox and paleo for maintenance until you get to a weight you're happy with. Lifting weights is fine, but your metabolism is in a bad place right now. Fix that first and everything else will work better.

Ive never heard of any of that, but I looked them up. So your saying I need to follow 3 different diets, I am assuming not all at the same time?

Last year I did paleo while lifting and not much cardio and lost 15 lbs quickly and then it tapered off and after about 6 months I was down 30lbs.

Intermittent fasting is the best way to go from my personal experience, It really blasted away my fat from all over. hit me back for more information

Diet and Cardio bro.. I know that you mentioned that you are limited to the cardio that you do. So, in that case I would find a machine that you can work with and get to it.....my fav is the stairmaster...club foot should be ok with that I would think

Back