New jersey bust

Champ

Taken from Dans at bolex

19 arrested in probe of steroid, cocaine ring

Thursday, August 12, 2004

By DOUGLASS CROUSE
STAFF WRITER

An investigation into a steroid, cocaine, and prescription drug distribution ring reaped the arrests of 19 North Jersey residents this week, authorities said Wednesday.

The arrests late Sunday and early Monday capped a three-month probe by the Passaic County Narcotics Task Force into a network specialized in peddling anabolic steroids, oxycontin, cocaine, and prescription medications, authorities said. Seizures included $30,000 worth of anabolic steroids, $10,000 worth of cocaine, $20,000 in cash, and several vehicles, including a Ferrari and three Ford pickup trucks, authorities said.

Investigators said it was unclear how long the ring had operated but said they expected more arrests.

"Wherever these [people] got their drugs from is still under investigation," Passaic County Assistant Prosecutor Armando Gonzalez said. "We really can't go into a lot of detail on any other aspects at this point."

Among those arrested: Charles Post, 33, of Pompton Lakes; Robert Post, 33, of West Paterson; Jose Bayona, 27, of Wayne; Oliver Cucko, 30, of Wayne; John Danckwerth Jr., 34, of Wayne; Leonard Papile, 25, of Wayne; Theresa Papile, 19, of Wayne; Nicole D'Amelio, 26, of North Haledon; and Christopher Nichols, 33, of Ringwood.

Also, Lou Gallo, 35, of Wyckoff; Sebastian Bargallo, 36, of Clifton; Gustavo Alarcon, 29, of Totowa; Rachel L. Cuomo, 22, of Dover; Adam D'Amelio, 22, of North Haledon; Steven Zecchino, 23, of Butler; Santos Rago, 48, of Bloomingdale; Louis Todaro, 23, of Wayne; Gucay Baycora, 23, of Riverdale; and Charles Pruzinsky, 22, of Lincoln Park.

Some were arrested in their homes and others in their vehicles. Most suspects had posted bail by Wednesday afternoon, Gonzalez said.

Charges against Bayona, Rago, Leonard Papile, and Charles Post include being leaders of a drug distribution network. Bayona and Rago also were charged with maintaining a drug production facility in a Bloomingdale home, where authorities said drug repackaging took place. Charges against the others include drug possession and conspiracy.

The task force includes officers from the Prosecutor's Office, Sheriff's Department, and municipal police departments

Cop arrested in steroid sting

Saturday, August 21, 2004

By DOUGLASS CROUSE
STAFF WRITER

POMPTON LAKES - A borough police officer was arrested Friday on charges related to his role in a steroid distribution ring.

Agents with the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office arrested Patrolman Dennis DePrima shortly after he reported to work at police headquarters Friday morning. The officer - who had been reinstated to the force in January 2003 following a one-year forced leave - was suspended without pay pending the investigation's outcome.

"He is facing serious charges, and if he is convicted we will be looking for a jail term," Passaic County Prosecutor James Avigliano said.

DePrima, 28, of Pompton Lakes, was charged with conspiracy to distribute drugs, and with official misconduct. Avigliano said his office had planned to arrest him last week as part of stings that resulted in the arrests of 19 North Jersey residents, but that DePrima was on vacation.

DePrima could not be reached for comment. His lawyer did not return a telephone call.

Last week's arrests capped a three-month probe by the Passaic County Narcotics Task Force into a network that specialized in peddling anabolic steroids, oxycontin, cocaine, and prescription medications, authorities said.

Avigliano declined to describe the officer's alleged involvement in the drug ring, citing an ongoing investigation.

Pompton Lakes Police Chief Albert Ekkers said the charges against DePrima, who was hired in 1999, came as a shock to members of the department.

"There's a multitude of feelings here - surprise, embarrassment, you name it," Ekkers said.

In January 2002, DePrima was placed on paid leave after the borough discovered he had failed to list a restraining order on his job application. DePrima said he thought the order - which barred him from carrying a gun - had been lifted. The Prosecutor's Office said it found no proof that he deliberately lied on the application.

A judge lifted the order, obtained by DePrima's former girlfriend, in May 2002. Borough Council members voted to reinstate DePrima the following January as part of the settlement of a lawsuit the officer filed against the borough.

In his suit, DePrima said he was suspended because he had arrested relatives of two council members. As part of an out-of-court settlement with the council, DePrima had to write a letter of apology and reimburse the borough for 20 days of administrative leave.

E-mail: crouse@northjersey

Notice the Cocain and oxycontin and rec. drugs and all... ;)
getting caught with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) is the least of these guys' worries... sucks though, thats alot of people...

Either way someone is looking at jail time. It would be nice to know what all roids they had as the media tends to exagerate the shit out of drug busts.

Champ

anyone notice how they put steroids in the list first over and over

the new word play today since bush's adress and the olympics is to put steroids as super evil over blow and smack

anyways the real reason they got nailed has more to do with stone colds comments ie they were dealing in recs

I am willing to bet that steroids were just around, they were not really a thought. I, and actually that homo above diesel man, lol, used to workout with a cop who told me a few times that whenever a huge drug bust would go down, steroids were always around. He said he break up a meth lab, and low and behold, a few kits of GH and a little gear were around. It seemed it was never part of the investigation, but it is listed with all the rest when the actual bust goes down.

good thing they got those nasty steroids off the street, I can sleep better at night knowing my kids wont get jumped by some juicehead looking for his next shot....

jcp2 said:
I am willing to bet that steroids were just around, they were not really a thought. I, and actually that homo above diesel man, lol, used to workout with a cop who told me a few times that whenever a huge drug bust would go down, steroids were always around. He said he break up a meth lab, and low and behold, a few kits of GH and a little gear were around. It seemed it was never part of the investigation, but it is listed with all the rest when the actual bust goes down.
FAG ! LOL>>>> i'll have to call your trainer Tim !

HOMO ABOVE DIESAL MAN

lol i read that wrong at first and thought you were talking about the poster above akak me.

I work out next to a cop shop and they all seem to wish me well these days lol

whats laughable when they portay steroid dealers like street husler drug dealers is the fact that it would be impossible to hold more then one cycle on you at a time to sell compared to the real drug dealers who can hold tons of hits of rec drugs on there person or thru a mule/stashed

put it this way, 30000 dollars of crack would be in canadian dollars about 750 little rocks less than the size of your vitamin capsules which would probably fill; what 5-6 pill bottles whereas 30000 worth of juice would probably fill a shoebox if not more

hence i dont see how hard it would be to find someones stash of juice compared to coke, heroin etc in those dollar amounts

needsize said:
good thing they got those nasty steroids off the street, I can sleep better at night knowing my kids wont get jumped by some juicehead looking for his next shot....
i agree...:p

Milhouse said:
whats laughable when they portay steroid dealers like street husler drug dealers is the fact that it would be impossible to hold more then one cycle on you at a time to sell compared to the real drug dealers who can hold tons of hits of rec drugs on there person or thru a mule/stashed
so true !

Die$eL~Man said:
every single olympic athlete takes juice ! period !

I am not so sure about the Badmitton guys, the ping-pong guys, and the archers.... The Equestrian guys (horse riders) probably don't either, but other than that, hell yeah.

Key word was athletes >>> i do not consider badmitton players athletes nor ping pong athletes.. BUT i KNOW FOR A FACT the hardest dopers are the gymnastics floor exercise women! have you seen closeups ! Damn ...........

HAHAHAHA! I got it. Yeah those gymnasts are jacked. I played D1 rugby and I was one of the only guys that didn't juice.

Golgo13 said:
I am not so sure about the Badmitton guys, the ping-pong guys, and the archers.... The Equestrian guys (horse riders) probably don't either, but other than that, hell yeah.
supposedly the archers take some drug that slows down their breathing/heartrate/etc. so they can be perfectly still while they are aiming :confused:

Back