New Liver Drug

It's always good to see what's on the horizon, but we could still be years away from this stuff being readily available.

I don't get my hopes up anymore when I read about possible miracle drugs in trial. Nothing ever seems to come of them.

Popichulo said:
Here is a post on a new cancer fighting drug that is said to be able to revers liver dammage.

http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,57421,00.html

Some hope for those people on 200mg of AD's ED:D

Nice find Pop.....BUT this excerpt seems sooooooo typical: "While Ceplene has some interesting mechanisms of action, until large clinical trials are undertaken it is unclear how effective this drug will be in human liver disease," said Craid McClain, professor of medicine"

:rolleyes:

I don't understand what problem you could have with that very realistic, and responsible, statement.

If you are refering to "my" comment, I was simply taking the position of "don't get your hopes up". That's all!

It is fair to say that there are many drugs which are forecasted to the general population that become "lost" and forgotten about as quickly as they hit the air waves boasting all their cure-all properties and promises. People get excited, then the drug NEVER makes it to the surface. Be it reason of failing FDA measures, exhausted funding, or disinterest of the investors/manufacturers enduring the longevity of the process....many of these "great new state-of-the art" drugs simply just bust.

:rolleyes:

That's all true. And let's not forget the very damaging effects of lawyers on health care. More than one safe and effective drug has disappeared because the profit margin was not enough to offset the cost of frivolous lawsuits.

Yes, I misinterpreted your original statement.

SWALE said:
More than one safe and effective drug has disappeared because the profit margin was not enough to offset the cost of frivolous lawsuits.
Yes. Always the dollars. Always the fuckin dollars.

Back