New Member, would appreciate some assistance.

Vamp-

Hello, I as the title suggests I would like some help.

I have embarked on my first cycle. I am using 1ml injections of Test P EOD at 100mg/ml concentration. I had a solid workout routine before I started my cycle and intended on slightly modifying it for this cycle. Being my first I've begun to second guess myself. Before my cycle I worked out with a personal trainer for a few months to get the entire routine/form down. Then I was told that being on cycle I would be easy healing my muscles and I could workout twice a day if I really wanted too, that I shouldn't, but I could. He changed my workouts to something similar to this:

bodybuilding.com/fun/beginner-to-advanced-bodybuilder-in-12-weeks.html

(Sorry if I can't link like that)

It's "John Stoppins" workout program. Anyway, I began to question this effectiveness of what I've been doing personally so essentially I don't know what to do. Unfortunately I've already begun my cycle and this is a poor time to start questioning things now.. I know.. i know. However, I just want a good workout to get the gains I'm looking for.

Unfortunately while on this gear, I've not really seen gains like I think I should. With that said, I'm about 3 weeks in and my strength is impressively through the roof but my size is only slowly going up if at all?

I also take Armatest a test booster and estrogen blocker, twice daily.

After a few months of personal training without gear, I've gained 10 pounds of muscle and on gear for 3 weeks I've stayed at the same weight. confused??

So I started to do a routine where it's every other day, giving 24 hours rest for muscles and nervous system and doing say:

Current routine
Day 1: Chest, biceps
Day 3: Thighs
Day 5: Shoulder, triceps
Day 7: Back. calves

Should I stick to this routine above or go with the John Stoppins routine? Basically with this one, I work the group to failure using 85+% of my max and doing 3 sets of 5 reps and on the last set waiting 5 seconds and then pumping out as many as I can do till failure. I have not tried the john Stoppins.

Stats:
171 lbs.
6-9% bodyfat
28 years old
1st Cycle
3-6k cals a day ( i have a job so I eat meals when and where I can and generally try to eat as much as I can at that time)

Last edited:
How long do you spend I'm the gym each day? I've been doing 3 sets of 8-10 reps with fairly Havy weight. I do about 4-5 different exercises per muscle group. This has given me pretty decent results

Depends, Usually about an hour or so. I do not do a full body workout. Today I did Shoulders and Tri-ceps. I worked probably 6 exercises for each. I rested little between sets and on each workout I did a 3x5 at the heaviest weight I could rep out and finish the set. With my last set waiting 5 seconds and repping out as many as I could till failure. While on gear should I be doing a full body routine EOD?

Wait a second... U worked out for a few months then jumped on AAS? Well anyways, if your not seeing gains in size up your calorie intake. And no u should not be doin a full body workout eod. U should have had your training down pat before starting a cycle. So that being said, and sorry if i come off a bit rude here, u don't have a clue as to what your doing. But just be safe

Edit: also there's no way in hell you could eat 6000 calories a day and not gain weight on or off cycle. Especially not weighing 171

Last edited:
You could easily workout twice a day, morning and afternoon if you're on some good gear, a few of my buddies that cycle do this. Your body heals like you are superman if you have some good gear.

Wait a second... U worked out for a few months then jumped on AAS? Well anyways, if your not seeing gains in size up your calorie intake. And no u should not be doin a full body workout eod. U should have had your training down pat before starting a cycle. So that being said, and sorry if i come off a bit rude here, u don't have a clue as to what your doing. But just be safe

Edit: also there's no way in hell you could eat 6000 calories a day and not gain weight on or off cycle. Especially not weighing 171

First off, thank you everyone for your replies. I do honestly appreciate it. I peek at 6k about 2 days a week but mostly around the 3.5 range just depends on my schedule. I was eating clean and hitting 3k cals everyday, now it's not so clean.. example One smoothie king hulk shake gives me 2k cals (strawberry). I eat a large bowl of ice cream, peaches, etc. I get about 140g of protein and twice that in carbs.. mostly from pasta. Anyway, I do have some cardio in my day to day that I just cannot avoid. I also do judo for about an hour EOD. From my understanding this burns about 540+ cals.

That, addressed. I will try eating more but honestly I'm only seeing a pound or so increase a week.

I don't know if this is "good gear" It's Test P, which from my research is a great compound as it marries well with any other compound and it having a fast ester attached to it. Obviously with the short ester you get more test per shot as opposed to cyp. Cyp takes up more in the vile per measure, so essentually you only get 72+- Test per 100mg and with test P it's something like 89+.. which initially attracted me to it. I'm only pinning 100mg EOD.

My workout routine was solid before I started, then my trainer switched my routine right before I went to go on gear. Calling it "Volume Training". Something similar to the workout mentioned in the OP. I spent a lot of money on this and so I started to second guess after a couple weeks not "blowing up" because to be honest a lot of people I know on it, talked it up like I was going to literally get huge. Frustrating when I'm not seeing those gains.

Is my current routine not good enough? Or should I go with the other workout my trainer was having me do? I realize that I should have already figured this stuff out solid before I started on gear, I know.. I made a mistake. However, since I've started.. I need some help rectifying my situation.

When I work, I do several workouts till Failure, cables, db, machines. I do 3 sets of 5 reps and at the end of my last set i'll count to 5 then do as many as I can do. I am doing 85%+ of my max on that particular workout.

Current routine:

First off, thank you everyone for your replies. I do honestly appreciate it. I peek at 6k about 2 days a week but mostly around the 3.5 range just depends on my schedule. I was eating clean and hitting 3k cals everyday, now it's not so clean.. example One smoothie king hulk shake gives me 2k cals (strawberry). I eat a large bowl of ice cream, peaches, etc. I get about 140g of protein and twice that in carbs.. mostly from pasta. Anyway, I do have some cardio in my day to day that I just cannot avoid. I also do judo for about an hour EOD. From my understanding this burns about 540+ cals.

That, addressed. I will try eating more but honestly I'm only seeing a pound or so increase a week.

I don't know if this is "good gear" It's Test P, which from my research is a great compound as it marries well with any other compound and it having a fast ester attached to it. Obviously with the short ester you get more test per shot as opposed to cyp. Cyp takes up more in the vile per measure, so essentually you only get 72+- Test per 100mg and with test P it's something like 89+.. which initially attracted me to it. I'm only pinning 100mg EOD.

My workout routine was solid before I started, then my trainer switched my routine right before I went to go on gear. Calling it "Volume Training". Something similar to the workout mentioned in the OP. I spent a lot of money on this and so I started to second guess after a couple weeks not "blowing up" because to be honest a lot of people I know on it, talked it up like I was going to literally get huge. Frustrating when I'm not seeing those gains.

Is my current routine not good enough? Or should I go with the other workout my trainer was having me do? I realize that I should have already figured this stuff out solid before I started on gear, I know.. I made a mistake. However, since I've started.. I need some help rectifying my situation.

When I work, I do several workouts till Failure, cables, db, machines. I do 3 sets of 5 reps and at the end of my last set i'll count to 5 then do as many as I can do. I am doing 85%+ of my max on that particular workout.

Current routine:

Any new help would be appreciated.

Well I've never personally done a 3sets of 5 reps routine. But I assume it's be ok for mass. If u feel like your routine was solid before u changed it then I'd go back to that. I like to keep it simple man. Fancy routines don't equal fancy results.

Routine is fine where it's at if you're looking more for strength and power. A 3x5, 4x4, or 5x5 are commonly known as the Starting Strength or StrongLifts schemes. They're great for building a base for those who want to develop more myofibrillar hypertrophy (real muscle tissue) than sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (muscle cell volume). The former for long-term strength and the latter for size. Just something to think about when choosing routines.

Contradictory to the above statement, nutrition trumps all the training in the universe. If you eat a consistent surplus, you WILL gain weight. If you don't eat enough, well, you won't see much results. Remember this, half-ass a diet, half-ass results. I can relate to busy work schedules, I work 14+ hours a day most of the week and finding time to eat 4-5 meals is a bigger challenge than taking a dump in the public bathroom. You just have to make it work.

Follow things in the order of the famous Dorian Yates:

Training, Genetics, Nutrition, Steroids. Without training, you will not see muscle tissue repair. Without proper genetics, you might not be built for size. Without nutrition, you won't get anywhere with the former things. Steroids are a tool to help you along the way.

Test P may have a shorter ester, but it is not significantly faster acting as E or C. When you calculate the waste factor (say 5-10%) of 100mg P and 250mg E or C, the peak levels are only a few ng/dL higher. Nothing to be proud of unless you're running higher doses of the shorter esters of AAS. Of course, the shorter esters require sometimes more BA/BB and EO to hold the compound better which is quite painful and irritating for majority of users. The ester also breaks away much quicker which again, leaves the compound to sit there allowing it to crystallize more often.

Hope this helped you some good sir. :)

Ummm did my statement say anything that contradicted nutrition being paramount? I don't see me saying anything about nutrition at all. Or maybe u were talking about someone else's post

If its eight paddies I'm in haven't had a burger in forever. Other then home made bison burgers which is second to none.

They have bison at the whole foods by my house. I'm def getting some this weekend. And trying it

I walk up to bison, stare into their soul, they drop dead and then i eat them with my bare hands. I make sure i put a napkin on my lap though, wouldn't want to make a mess.

Ummm did my statement say anything that contradicted nutrition being paramount? I don't see me saying anything about nutrition at all. Or maybe u were talking about someone else's post

Oh, no Vino I was not directing at you. I was saying "Contrary to the above [my first paragraph about training routines]". I'm sorry if it sounded like I was directing that comment to you.

Back