New to 3j and carb cycling

Grove

So after years of lifting and only thinking I needed a few eggs for breakfast a turkey sub for lunch and a steak for dinner to make gains I decided to get some help from 3j nutrition. Filled out the question form and sent in my pics and measurements few days later I got my diet ,I was so nervous about eating so often as I rarely have a big appetite but much to my surprise it was easy to eat so many meals when they are clean . I'm 2 weeks in and I look and feel better than I have in as long as I can remember !! The hardest part is meal prep but lucky for me my wife has taken that over I just load my cooler in the morning and I'm good all day. Weight has been dropping nice yet muscle and strength has actually improved!! 3j is the man and well worth the $ he always answers my emails promptly and has offered advice on things other than diet only wish I found him years ago. Thanks 3J
W.

I agree - with one caveat. 3J is only a good fit if the person is self motivated. If you need a drill sergeant to yell at you and force you to work, 3J is not the right guy. But if you are self motivated (as you appear to be), then 3J is a GREAT fit.

Last edited:
He is great but as cyber said it's up to you. He can only advise based on your checkins. When he asks you something be honest or the advice he gives won't get you anywhere. Never thought I could look like this I'll be forever great full to him and this forum.

Looking forward to watching you progress and see your before and after.

Good luck

PS Stay Off the scale and out of the mirror changes arent over night.

Still going great and feeling great. Just sucks having to wear a belt and clothes being to big lol

I'm sold. I spoke to 3J about a carb cycle diet for myself.
I've only put it off b/c I'm traveling these two weekends and I'm at the mercy of my family's plans for my nephew's graduation and a vacation trip. I want to start when I'm home and have 99% control over my diet and exercise regimen. Otherwise I'd be on it already. I'm stoked to try something new and get out of my old patterns.
Good to hear it's working for you too. Awesome.

His guidance took me from about 28% body fat to about 14% in a long, arduous cutting process. I am now reaching the end of a bulking process and will enter another cut. I LOVE the way my body has changed...you will too. And the best part is the information you learn is yours forever. Unlike taking drugs, which enter your system and leave it again forever, knowledge gained never leaves you if you keep using it.

Awesome. Post pics cybrsage so we can see your success with the process. How long have you been at it since you were at 28% bodyfat? I need to have my body fat measured to get a baseline before I get started.

welcome to the family..

the guys are right.. im not here to baby sit you... if you needed me to get your head right for your goals then you weren't ready to reach for them in the first place..

its a personal choice to become committed to a program.. and you have to be psychologically ready..

none of my clients have gone through a process with me without bumps in the road.. that IS ABSOLUTELY A NORMAL THING TO HAPPEN. the point is we micro calibrate and adjust.. thats what i get paid for!

im looking forward to all your progress and success!!!

Awesome. Post pics cybrsage so we can see your success with the process. How long have you been at it since you were at 28% bodyfat? I need to have my body fat measured to get a baseline before I get started.

Had been years and years - I was thinner than all my friends, but only thanks to a great metabolism and other genetics helping me.

I have a lot of my progress, take a look. There are pics scattered throughout it as well as several blood tests.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/diet-forum/673659-my-year-3j-jouney-into-fitness.html

cybrsage congrats on the accomplishments. I currently waiting for my diet plan from 3J and pretty stoked to get started. I just measured in at 22.3% BF so its time for a change as well.

Congrats and keep at it brother

Good luck bro. Get ready for an awesome ride and mentally prepare to stick to your diet no matter what. The results are well worth all the hard work. I am currently going on almost a year with 3j. We cut, bulked and now cutting again. I dont see any end in sight because I am planning on having him prep me all the way to a show in about 18 months. He like part of my damn family now lol

Reactions: 3J
2months carb cycling and I'm down 20+lbs with 5inches off midsection and no muscle loss to speak of !!!

Reactions: 3J
Back