New to forum and diagnosed with low T 26 years old

Underarock13

Hey guys I’m new and have been diagnosed with low T at 26 years old.... my test levels were 241. My doctor prescribed me T and wants me to take it as follows. 200mg of test shot 3 days in a row, then 1 shot every two weeks, and then one shot a month. Wouldn’t that put me in a way worse place then I started? I haven’t messed with any hormones in about 6 years. I did run a test only cycle when I was about 21 but that was so long ago.... I’m worried I’m going to get shut down worse then I already am... opinions? :)

Oh, get ready for the comments.

The 200mg of test shot 3 days in a row - he's front loading you with long esters. Why the heck not one single 600mg shot instead? Will do the same thing with less fuss.

Then 1 shot every 2 weeks - generally considered old school bad practice. This is a warning sign that your guy is not up to the present best practices. Twice a week or every 5 days is what you'll see as best practice.

Then 1 shot per month??? Are you serious? If you do this you will be on a roller coaster ride ranging from feeling ok to hell. Don't even think about it.

Yes that would put you in a worse place than when you started. Tell your doctor he doesn't know how to do TRT :shoot2:

We are assuming your Doctor will be putting you on Testosterone Cypionate. His plan is garbage if this is his plan. Read the basic TRT overview sticky. Once you read it, read it again and again until you understand it.

Then go to your doctor and advocate for yourself. If your only 26, I would consider doing a restart before attempting TRT.

I parrot everyone else. Problems. Read the TRT overview sticky. Frequent small doses maintain stable blood levels which leads to a stable quality of life.

A study showed 800mg of long acting test would keep total testosterone withing normal ranges this something like 6 weeks. The people in the study would go from teenage testosterone levels back down to the bottom of the range and be suffering low T sides.

A tried restart is better than a crappy TRT scheduel.

Added:
I lost the reference in a microSD that quit working. :-( 800ng/dL is not really a cycle level at all. I'm just quoting myself from a thread I have.

"doses of 850 mg of testosterone undecate every 10 weeks. It basically will give you a ten week variation of being on a steroid cycle to having low testosterone. Blood levels went from 800 ng/dL down to "just above 300 ng/dL". You will cover the entire "normal range" of testosterone for males between 20-80 in 10 weeks."

This study actually concluded this was an effective treatment because levels remained within the range. You would live a
10 week roller coaster.

Last edited:
Yeah Mycelium, you are talking about test undecanoate. There are some like nibido that claim a ridiculous half life of several months, and when you dig into why they claim the carrier oil is the reason. Other studies and anecedotal evidence have proposed a half life in the 22 day range is more appropriate.

Anyway, whether it is test cyp or test undecanoate that your doc is proposing to use you would be best served by educating yourself about weekly dosages and shot frequency / half life effects. That way you can call bullshit on a lousy plan and be your own advocate.

Back