New to Forum, gonna See a new Dr.

grayrh42

Ok, so been hanging around the site for a little while trying to gain some knowledge, been appreciative of all the info that you can get just from reading.

Got diagnosed with low T about 5 yrs ago, got started on a TRT program and didn't know enough to realize that it was not right or really working. Went through the cream, pellets and some injections, never really got settled into a real program. Lost my job after about a 1yr and had to quit the program.

Started seeing a Dr. again about 6mo ago and had him test me again for low T. Result came back at 301 TT and 9.6 Free. Asked about a TRT program and was told I was in the normal range.

Obviously, have been feeling low energy, absent minded a no sex drive. Got them to do another T test and am now down to 210 TT and 9.2 Free. Dr still says I am in range and Insurance won't pay. Told him I don't care and will pay myself. Have an appt with him in the next couple of days but don't think he will do much.

After reading the boards here, realize that there are many other tests that should be done as well. LH, FSH, SHGB and E2 to name a few.

Have another appointment with a younger Dr. who was referred by a friend who says he understands Low T and how it can make you feel.

So, question is, are there any specific questions I should be asking him or looking for when I see him? I am hoping to get on a self pin TRT right away and then follow up with some blood work to find out where all the other levels fall. Sounds like 200mg per 2 week @ 50mg per 3.5 day is a good starting place. Thoughts??

I am 50 yr old, very active. Hit the gym 5 times a week and do cardio 2-3 time week. Hard to stay motivated though.
195lb, 5'11". Goal is to stay active, trim up like I should be and have a libido again.

Thanks.

So, got the script and dropped it off to be filled. Dr was ok with 100mg per week. I was planning to do the 2x per week plan though and do 50mg per pin. Was also planning on doing glutes for injection site.

Questions, should I make sure a get a larger draw needle?? Around a 20 and then what is the best size for glute inj? Have read a lot of back and forth on 1" to 1.5" and 23 to 25 ga?

Also should I alternate sides each time? Not as good left handed as right :)

23x1.5 or 25x1.5 is ok for glutes. U can pin Delts and quads with a 1" needle easily. It's best to rotate injection sites. I have a hard time with glutes so I use quads and Delts. Very easy to do.

How is the pip in delts? I only use glutes. I have done quad but pain was too bad it affected my workouts. Even at only .5ml of test E. I'm afraid I may be getting scar tissue in glutes as I only use them. I don't have pain or bruising. How can you tell if your developing scar tissue

How is the pip in delts? I only use glutes. I have done quad but pain was too bad it affected my workouts. Even at only .5ml of test E. I'm afraid I may be getting scar tissue in glutes as I only use them. I don't have pain or bruising. How can you tell if your developing scar tissue

This is a good question! I would like to know this as well...I agree with tbonexl about everything but the quad and delt shots...just because I have no experience with those.

As for the OP, the 20 gauge is the best to use to draw up the test. However, it is not really necessary, except for not having to dull your injection needle with the rubber stopper, and not taking as longs to draw it up.

I use 23 gauge 1.5" to inject and 20 gauge 1" to draw. I also use 1ml syringes for a more accurate dose because I pin 50 mg at a time.

I pin delts and quads. I LOVE delts. Goes in like butter. I have never had a problem pinning delts. Only drawback is that you have to do it one handed. But everything is right in front of you. By far my favorite spot.

Glutes are tricky because you have to twist around. Most guys start with the quads because everything is right in front of you to see and you can use two hands to pin.

Ok, so been hanging around the site for a little while trying to gain some knowledge, been appreciative of all the info that you can get just from reading.

Got diagnosed with low T about 5 yrs ago, got started on a TRT program and didn't know enough to realize that it was not right or really working. Went through the cream, pellets and some injections, never really got settled into a real program. Lost my job after about a 1yr and had to quit the program.

Started seeing a Dr. again about 6mo ago and had him test me again for low T. Result came back at 301 TT and 9.6 Free. Asked about a TRT program and was told I was in the normal range.

Obviously, have been feeling low energy, absent minded a no sex drive. Got them to do another T test and am now down to 210 TT and 9.2 Free. Dr still says I am in range and Insurance won't pay. Told him I don't care and will pay myself. Have an appt with him in the next couple of days but don't think he will do much.

After reading the boards here, realize that there are many other tests that should be done as well. LH, FSH, SHGB and E2 to name a few.

Have another appointment with a younger Dr. who was referred by a friend who says he understands Low T and how it can make you feel.

So, question is, are there any specific questions I should be asking him or looking for when I see him? I am hoping to get on a self pin TRT right away and then follow up with some blood work to find out where all the other levels fall. Sounds like 200mg per 2 week @ 50mg per 3.5 day is a good starting place. Thoughts??

I am 50 yr old, very active. Hit the gym 5 times a week and do cardio 2-3 time week. Hard to stay motivated though.
195lb, 5'11". Goal is to stay active, trim up like I should be and have a libido again.

Thanks.

Here is some fun reading on TRT if you have not gotten to it already.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/662394-basic-trt-overview.html

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/t...rapy/616291-getting-help-first-injection.html

I pin delts and quads. I LOVE delts. Goes in like butter. I have never had a problem pinning delts. Only drawback is that you have to do it one handed. But everything is right in front of you. By far my favorite spot.

Glutes are tricky because you have to twist around. Most guys start with the quads because everything is right in front of you to see and you can use two hands to pin.

Hey Megatron, do you think there is a difference in how the test is absorbed depending on bodypart pinned? I have heard...might be "bro science" that pinning the glute is better as far as that goes...probably bro science, but wanted to know your opinion on it...others are welcome as well.

So the Pharma gave me 18g a to draw and 1" 25 ga for injection. Plan on trying the glute with this first as I have read and heard the quad can be sore afterwards. Will probably look at the delta as as secondary site as well.

Megatron, thanks for the links. Read and reread that quite a bit while i was trying to figure all this out. Really appreciate the amount of good info and knowledgable people that are on this forum.

Hey Megatron, do you think there is a difference in how the test is absorbed depending on bodypart pinned? I have heard...might be "bro science" that pinning the glute is better as far as that goes...probably bro science, but wanted to know your opinion on it...others are welcome as well.

If there is a difference it would be negligible. There is a difference between IM and SubQ though.

First shot in, was way easier than I thought it might be. Have 3ml syringes so doing 3rd line for every 3.5 day. Hopefully this is the start to a better feeling me.

Back