Newbie with a few unanswered questions, hope you can help

DirtyBird

Whats up guys, i am new to the site and have e few questions i couldnt quite find in the newbie threads recomended on the site. I have read time and again that most knowledgeable steroid users swear by a test only cycle for a firt time Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) user. My question is why? I understand that taking test reduces symptoms of shutdown, and is the "building block" of all future cycles. But i experienced puberty enduced gynocomastia which has stayed with me since i was 15, I am now 21, 22 in feb. It is not sever, i have the lumps with mild puffiness, but nothing noticable by sight. I have read that Test aromatises at a pretty high rate. I do not want to aggravate my gyno. I have tried over the counter prohormones which did not affect my gyno at all, however the use of test scares me a bit. I have been researching for months! and i mean going on a year about what steroids might fit my needs. Primobolan sparked my interest becaue of no aromitisation, and its slow and well maintained lean gains. I thought about 500 mg of primo a weak along with a non aromatisable oral such as stanzolol at 50 mg a day would make a nice stack without any estro related sides. But i have been told that any stack without test is a waste. My maion question is why is Test so crucial. Please leave the flaming out, i am only trying to learn, and i have read all the newbie threads, but they have not answered all of my questions. If anyone could recomend something to me i woudl appreciate it, or atleast a point in the right direction for reasearch. Thanks again, i have read alot of contradictory information out there, andi was just hoping someone would help me. thanks again. Oh and the purpose of whatever stack i choose is to hopefully start in early April in prep for summer, I will be going to Brazil for a amonth for a capoeira( a martial art) event.
BTW
Stats
5'8"
about 7% BF

Last edited:
Im sorry but its not nuff said, not trying to be rude, but that doest really answer my question. Thank you for replying though, Im just trying to be as informed as possible. Thanks again though

I'm personally in a very similar situation to you, gyno prone. That being said, I experienced no gyno with my first cycle of test only (500mg/week) and am in week 5 of my current test/drol cycle with no gyno. I have been using Arimidex to supress it as well as keep away some bloat.

I'm confident that if you do a cycle of test and use an Aromatase inhibitor (AI), you will not get gyno. Have Nolva on hand to combat it if it shows up at all (itchy, more puffy nipples)..but you should already have nolva on hand for PCT, so no biggie!

You'd probably get the best results with test. If you are afriad of gyno adding in some letro is quite easy to do, just click on the link. But if you are that scared then go ahead with the primo. Try it out and see what happens. But the addition of Winstrol (winny) is prob unnecessary at this point. Hope you trust your source too, primo is a highly faked product. You might end up with a low dose of test or EQ or whatever.

So then you would not recomend the primo and winstrol? IS running Test only that more superior to running other Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) with out any test. and im sorry for all the questions, but are there any adverse health affects that may come with running a stack without test that are irreversible through pct.Thanks fro the response

My source is BD, a friend has a contact in europe who he goes through, if i dont runn Winstrol (winny) with it what doese should i run the primo, that is if i were to go with the primo instead of the test

1) yes test aromatizes, and can cause gyno, you look like a poptential victim, but the sides can easily be controlled.
2) non-test cycles aren't wrong per se; they are simply not the best options.

DirtyBird said:
So then you would not recomend the primo and winstrol? IS running Test only that more superior to running other Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) with out any test. and im sorry for all the questions, but are there any adverse health affects that may come with running a stack without test that are irreversible through pct.Thanks fro the response

Although it is typically best to err on the side of caution, I think you are taking it a little too far here. Problems from steroids usually result from long term abuse. You can easily run a cycle without test and be perfectly fine. People just don't normally do it bc test typically gives the most size and maintains sexual function. You can run cycles without it and be perfectly normal after a good PCT.

DirtyBird said:
My source is BD, a friend has a contact in europe who he goes through, if i dont runn Winstrol (winny) with it what doese should i run the primo, that is if i were to go with the primo instead of the test

If you're new to this you are going to see plenty of gains from just a single compound. The extra benefits of throwing in the Winstrol (winny) won't be worth the cost. Besides, it doesn't really add anything to your cycle. When I stack drugs it's bc they compliment each other. I'll do test for the size and sexual vitality and stack it with tren for strength and hardness. Other times people may want to stack some EQ on top of test bc they need higher androgen levels to see gains but they don't want to risk the sides of taking high doses of test. I really dont see the need to stack Winstrol (winny) on top of primo. If you aren't happy with the results of the primo by itself then just up the dose. But at this point in time you will see significant gains with moderate doses. So just do a test only cycle with an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) or do a primo only cycle. Modify future cycles accordingly.

Ok this question might get me flamed, but if i were set on not taking test in my cycle, chould someone recomend a test free cycle that i could look into and research, but if i do decide on the test, would proviron be enough to combat estro related sides. a friend speaks highly of it. And i am really appreciating all these replies, this board is exactly what i have been lookin for. Thanks

Last edited:
DirtyBird said:
Ok this question might get me flamed, but if i were set on not taking test in my cycle, chould someone recomend a test free cycle that i could look into and research. And i am really appreciating all these replies, this board is exactly what i have been lookin for. Thanks

If you are dead set on avoiding test then go with a primo or EQ cycle. Both tend to be mild on the sides.

I would suggest starting off with a modest test cycle, and keep nolva handy in case you encounter problems. You COULD start taking nolva every day from the start, as a precaution, but I recommend against it. Perhaps you will never experience gyno and will keep running nolva with every cycle for no reason. Do keep it around and start taking it as soon as and if gyno flares up.

Has anyone had any succes with running deca or equipoise as a stand alone, would this be any more effective then primo?

The problem with test is, it's being described too much as being a harsh compound. But keep in mind everybody here that has cycled, has taken test at one point, and 90% use it in every cycle. And none of us want gyno.

If you want to go primo only, sure. 500-600mg/week for 10-12 weeks.

DirtyBird said:
Has anyone had any succes with running deca or equipoise as a stand alone, would this be any more effective then primo?

As far as gains that I've seen personally or on workout partners I'd rank as follows: deca > primo > eq. But keep in mind that people are highly individualized when it comes to steroids. Not everybody is the same. I wouldn't recommend deca on it's own for a first cycle bc you are likely to lose the functioning of your cock. EQ is just too damn mild for me. But primo would be a nice fit in between. But then again it is going to be much more expensive than test and will likely yield you less results. So basically what we are getting at is that you need to let your balls drop. Strap up on test at 500mg/wk and throw in an aromatase inhibitor as well as keep some nolva on hand.

DirtyBird said:

I have run everything except the primo, mainly because the cost/benefit ratio doesn't cut it with me. I have run everything along with test, as I always will run everything with test. I consider deca to be the most effective of the list, but the poorest choice for a stand-alone. Primo is ok if you are willing to pay its price. EQ perhaps would be the best choice considering the costs of the compounds. At least it might be for you, I respond poorly to it.

Thanks fellas, i appreciate the tiem and advice, now that i have been sold on test and an Aromatase inhibitor (AI), which test compound would you recomend, cy, eth, or Sustanon (sust), and which Aromatase inhibitor (AI) letro, prov, etcc, thanks guys i coulda really fucked up. i appreciate it. And whats the water retention like on test, cause i staed earlier that i am very much into a martial art called capoeira, which is an extremely acrobatic art, and any excess water weight is anything but ideal, lean dry gains is what im after, should the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) take care of that.

Last edited:
I would prefer enth or cyp (basically identical) over sust.
Also for a first test cycle, i would use nolva, because when the gyno flares up, you can block your estrogen receptors. Then you will know you have a problem in that area. I wouldn't use an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) since the aromatisation will already have occured at that point. After that, when you got to know your body, you could use an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) on your next cycle in order to prevent the aromatisation from ever happening. But that's just my own little protocol.

As for the bloat, no-one can predict that. Personally I never bloat on any AAS. Regardless, it is temporary.

Back