Nice Quick Read About Tamoxifen in Treating Gyno...

ImAuNatural

Abstract

BACKGROUND:
Gynecomastia is treated when it is painful, there are psychosocial repercussions or it does not revert in less than two years. It is treated with the antiestrogenic drug tamoxifen, but there are doubts about its effectiveness in high volume gynecomastias or in those lasting more than two years.

AIM:
To assess the effectiveness and safety of tamoxifen for gynecomastia and the influence of its volume and duration on the response to treatment.

PATIENTS AND METHODS:
Forty three patients with gynecomastia, aged 12 to 62 years, were studied. Twenty seven patients had a pubertal physiological gynecomastia, in eight it was caused by medications, in four it was secondary to hypogonadism, in three it was idiopathic and in one it was due to toxic exposure. Twenty patients had mastodynia and in 33, gynecomastia had a diameter over 4 cm. It lasted less than two years in 30 patients, more than two years in nine and four did not recall its duration. All were treated with tamoxifen 20 mg/day for 6 months. A follow up evaluation was performed at three and six months of treatment.

RESULTS:
Mastodynia disappeared in all patients at three months. At six months gynecomastia disappeared in 26 patients (62%), but relapsed in 27%. All gynecomastias caused by drugs with antiandrogen activity disappeared. Fifty two percent of gynecomastias over 4 cm and 90% of those of less than 4 cm in diameter disappeared (p<0.05). Fifty six percent of gynecomastias lasting more than two years and 70% of those of a shorter duration disappeared (p=NS). Two patients had diarrhea or flushes associated to the therapy.

CONCLUSIONS:
Tamoxifen is safe and effective for the treatment of gynecomastia. Larger lesions have a lower response to treatment.

Link: [Influence of size and duration of gynecomastia... [Rev Med Chil. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

its the quickest way to get gyno under control.. i recommend someone immediately starts nolva when experiencing even the slightest signs of it..

adex takes time to work.. nolva works immediately.. so start nolva and then run adex along with it to bring levels down and slowly come of nolva.. thats what i would do

its the quickest way to get gyno under control.. i recommend someone immediately starts nolva when experiencing even the slightest signs of it..

adex takes time to work.. nolva works immediately.. so start nolva and then run adex along with it to bring levels down and slowly come of nolva.. thats what i would do

I have been taking Adex at .5mg EOD and my nipples seem puffy they arent in pain or anything I believe it is mostly from puberty btu I decided to start doing 20mg of Tamox/Nolva ED since I have an extra bottle laying around.

playing it safe is ok.. keep in mind you might be crashing your estrogen though.. because even though the estrogen might show higher on bloodwork nolva keeps it from attaching to receptors..

playing it safe is ok.. keep in mind you might be crashing your estrogen though.. because even though the estrogen might show higher on bloodwork nolva keeps it from attaching to receptors..

So far I feel fine. But I will be getting bloodwork in about two weeks to see where I am at. Im worried if my Adex is even G2G because I am only on day 24 of my cycle so I wouldnt think my estrogen would be high yet,and my pre cycle blood work showed my e2 at 9.5. So I was thinking if my e2 hasnt increased from the Test yet then me taking the Adex and Tamox should have crashed my e2...?

it can get up there 3 weeks in brother..

Okay,thanks. Like I said as long as I feel fine im not to worried and I will be getting bloodwork so that will shed some light on things as well. Another quick question,isnt there a thread somewhere on here that says Clomid can decrease bone density over a certain amount of time? I just read a study where the participants where all diagnosed with HG and took CC for 12 months and there T levels increased significantly as well as their Bone Density...I love reading these things.

In saying that 120mg Ralox+50mg Exemstane ED is still giving me occasional pain (blasted 750mg Test for 2 weeks and stopped because of this, back to 200mg Test along with 400mg Tren and 50mg Anadrol).

I'm very gyno sensitive though, but as the test clears hopefully the Raloxifene rids of it and I will be running 120mg ED for a good 4 months, if that doesn't clear it up I will try Toremifene and then if not consider going under the knife.

Raloxifene was rated at 91% successful at removing gyno. Tamoxifen was 86% there's not a lot of superiority happening as far as in numbers. The percentage of reduction in gyno was very close also. Tamoxifen makes my joints feel like brittle concrete chipping into small pieces while giving me uncontrollable rls so i can sleep at night. Tamoxifen ruins my life. Raloxifene on the other hand, I can not tell I've taken a medication because I feel completely normal. This is also worth mentioning I read on another forum that people were adding pramipexole and were having increased results. I added pramipexole because I had some on hand and it most certainly did compliment the process.

Last edited:
Raloxifene was rated at 91% successful at removing gyno. Tamoxifen was 86% there's not a lot of superiority happening as far as in numbers. The percentage of reduction in gyno was very close also. Tamoxifen makes my joints feel like brittle concrete chipping into small pieces while giving me uncontrollable rls so i can sleep at night. Tamoxifen ruins my life. Raloxifene on the other hand, I can not tell I've taken a medication because I feel completely normal. This is also worth mentioning I read on another forum that people were adding pramipexole and were having increased results. I added pramipexole because I had some on hand and it most certainly did compliment the process.

So you would say that a very aggressive attack on gyno would be Either tamoxifen or raloxifene coupled with an AI such as adex and then add in prami at night before bed?

Either raloxifene at 120mg/day or tamox at 40mg/day, adex at .5mg/day or eod and prami (titrate up to acceptable dose) ?

^^^ agreed! specially when its a "noob" that didnt start using an AI early on like he should have and was hit with issues. .

So you would say that a very aggressive attack on gyno would be Either tamoxifen or raloxifene coupled with an AI such as adex and then add in prami at night before bed?

Either raloxifene at 120mg/day or tamox at 40mg/day, adex at .5mg/day or eod and prami (titrate up to acceptable dose) ?
if your off cycle and just have gynoe and blood levels are now normal then no AI, just serm. IMO

So you would say that a very aggressive attack on gyno with eitherr tamoxifen or raloxifene coupled with an AI such as adex and then add in prami at night before bed?

I've only had Iit happen once, crosses fingers. At max dose I only took 100mg raloxifene ED & .2 pramipexole EN & 1mg letro EOD. And it done the job. I honestly couldn't say if the letro helped, for sure the prami did. I also say that the raloxifene is pretty dose dependent the higher it's ran the more effective it works. Juice is probably right and you wouldn't need letro or adex but it was my chest I DGAF if I went overboard. If I were to ever have another issue with gyno I'd run raloxifene high atleast 120 a day and pramipexole .2 @ night. I don't doubt that would work quickly. And if the individual isn't sensitize to tamoxifen like I am it's so much cheaper I'd actually recommend it.

I might add in Prami again at .25mg to see if it helps, like mentioned often Prami does help and people I know have said Prami also helped remove gyno.

Regardless I have just started a Tren blast so I will use it, however I will be dosing .25mg every 12 hours, AM/PM instead of.5mg all at once.

Back