No Gains..

R1DW

Hey all, so I'm finishing up 12 weeks with a couple more to go. For the sake of saving time, I'm going to skip a few details. I'm 6' 235lbs. 40yr old. with 20yrs of lifting natural.
The first 8 weeks were strictly a power style lift. 6-10 reps with with 16 sets,, 5 days a week. For the past 4 weeks,, still 16 sets typically, but doing 20 reps max weight.
Food.. first 8 weeks... 8oz meat, 1 cup carb, veggies 5x a day. I didn't gain any weight so for the last 4weeks I've been eating everything in site. I'm up 5lbs.
Strength is high, max out and increase every week in almost every lift. In 12 weeks I've gained 1" in my chest, 1/2 in my legs and 5lbs. No gains anywhere else that is typical to measure.
First 6weeks. 600test, 200deca, 3 a day abombs. week 7-10, 900 test, 300deca, 300 tren. week 11-13, 900test, 300deca, 600tren, 3 a day abomb.
To answer the main question,, no I'm not shredded and I don't appear to have lost any "much" weight. A bit around the love handles maybe.
So I'm 99% sure my gear is legit, my next question would be WTF?? Based on what I'm on I should have gained 20lbs.
Any thoughts
Sorry for the edit,, I've got my normal supplements and proteins.. fast acting, slow acting proteins, 50grams a shake 3 shakes a day. Vitamins, glutamin, preworkout, vit d, ect..

Last edited:
Im not a veteran, but you stated that "The first 8 weeks were strictly a power style lift. 6-10 reps with with 16 sets,, 5 days a week. For the past 4 weeks,, still 16 sets typically, but doing 20 reps max weight."
In my opinion you are overtraining with 16 sets 5 days a week and not letting you body rest, even on Gear you have to have rest days for muscle growth and recuperation.
I looked at some training forums on this site and i looked at FAQ:The Program - Starting Strength Wiki I dont know what your routine is now.
Hope this help
and please correct me if im wrong.

why do you think you would have gained 20 lbs that cycle ther with an expert would have maybe only yeilded 5-7 lbs at the most.
i think you expected to much from this.

It's your diet. Your not eat enough protein at the right time. Gaining at your age should be easy with out gear. Your taking way to much gear. You need 4000-5000 cals a day. 2 grams for protein per pound a day.

Please list your cycle experience. Drop the abombs and focus on your diet and Training. Go pay 3J a visit in the Diet forum.

why do you think you would have gained 20 lbs that cycle ther with an expert would have maybe only yeilded 5-7 lbs at the most.

You dont think that he is over training and not getting enough rest? I am learning by research but you veterans know more.

First of all I'm typing this on my phone so I apologize for any grammar errors.
Dead pirate;
I suspect you are right about the diet portion, but I am doing the best I can and am willing to learn and adapt. This is my 1st cycle ever.

Dino:
I didn't feel that doing 4 different exercises per muscle group a day was to much, but like I said I'm still trying to figure out what works for me and am open to change. Like I mentioned, my strength gains are awesome though!

Cyto; I've other buddies on the same stack that had those results. That's why I decided to finally do it.
I will definitely visit 3j in the diet forums. Any links to previous threads you deem I should read would be cool as well.
My whole goal to this was to put on some more size before summer and then drop the bf and look good for summer. Side note; I'm usually injured from road racing and cant lift for most the winter. This is the first winter in a long time that I've been healthy. Feels pretty good!
In regards to my stack,,, I would be open to ideas for my next one in June. I'm planning a cutting stack. Something like test, win, anavar.

Thats an awful lot of juice man.
I think its a combination of not enought food and too much training. And you have to remember that something that works for someone else may or may not work for you. I hope you a good pct in store bro, with all that juice you are really gonna need to have it sorted very well.

Way to much gear. First cycle of test only 500mg. You are most likely consuming only enough to support your natural weight and burning more with heavy training. I'm betting you gained the weight during the tren use.

This is how people get messed up by listening to friends who use gear but don't know anything about it. I'm not sure about overtraining but you won't need that many sets/reps on everything.

What? 5-7 lbs for his first cycle with that much juice?? ( Which is FAR TOO MUCH ) He should of gained alot more than that? Maybe some of the gear was bunk or underdosed? And yes diet plays a huge role. Gotta EAT.

Hey all, so I'm finishing up 12 weeks with a couple more to go. For the sake of saving time, I'm going to skip a few details. I'm 6' 235lbs. 40yr old. with 20yrs of lifting natural.
The first 8 weeks were strictly a power style lift. 6-10 reps with with 16 sets,, 5 days a week. For the past 4 weeks,, still 16 sets typically, but doing 20 reps max weight.
Food.. first 8 weeks... 8oz meat, 1 cup carb, veggies 5x a day. I didn't gain any weight so for the last 4weeks I've been eating everything in site. I'm up 5lbs.
Strength is high, max out and increase every week in almost every lift. In 12 weeks I've gained 1" in my chest, 1/2 in my legs and 5lbs. No gains anywhere else that is typical to measure.
First 6weeks. 600test, 200deca, 3 a day abombs. week 7-10, 900 test, 300deca, 300 tren. week 11-13, 900test, 300deca, 600tren, 3 a day abomb.
To answer the main question,, no I'm not shredded and I don't appear to have lost any "much" weight. A bit around the love handles maybe.
So I'm 99% sure my gear is legit, my next question would be WTF?? Based on what I'm on I should have gained 20lbs.
Any thoughts
Sorry for the edit,, I've got my normal supplements and proteins.. fast acting, slow acting proteins, 50grams a shake 3 shakes a day. Vitamins, glutamin, preworkout, vit d, ect..

Just curious...what brand was your stuff?

Experience any heavy side-effects with that being your first ever cycle ?

surprisingly no I didn't have any side effects. I was pretty surprised.
Brand... Local guy that buys the raw and mixes.
As far as eating goes,,, Not sure how I could have eaten any more. Every 3 hours I was eating. Considering this was my first cycle, I'm not sure about the over training. We train for a 1 1/2 hours 5 days a week. Doing sets as mentioned above.
Userat204,, Surprisingly I gained my weight with the abombs. Tren burned going in a couple times, but other then that, I didn't notice a difference.
PCT,, Nolva and HCG. Yep already have it.

SO you have the right attitude about this. The timing is of what you eat is very important too. If you work out and shower and drive home before you eat you have blown it. You need to make sure you get a protein shake in you in the first 5 minutes after you stop your work out.

You should be running just test. Visit the diet forum.

It's almost impossible to over train on cycle thats not it.

Yep, I down a shake when done working out at 7:30am. I go home and eat within an hour after leaving the gym.

Back