Nolvadex as alternative for HPTA recovery?

I was told from a good source to use some Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and nolva for post cycle therapy (pct), what are your ideas on this compared to clomid only or clomid/hcg?

copracr said:
I was told from a good source to use some Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and nolva for post cycle therapy (pct), what are your ideas on this compared to clomid only or clomid/hcg?

HCG is always a good idea....of course, not overlapping with clomid, but prior to it.

It is only a big debate because Llewellyn wrote that crap article where he used 3 ancient, out of context studies to support nolva was better than clomid, while he completely ignored the 20+ other studies that show otherwise. Again, the only time where nolva is shown to be better is in a dosage regimen that lasts 3 months+......at time points prior to that, clomid is the better stimulator of HPTA.

Thanks Guys, you all have me Totally Confused Now??? lol,lol,lol!!!
I am on Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) right now, then I'll wait 1 week then do clomid!!!

einstein1905 said:
How do you figure 20mg of nolva = 150mg of clomid? over what duration? certainly not over acute use. like I said, the durations of the studies showing nolva reaising test more are 3-6 months long. the time points prior to the 3 month mark show clomid being more effective.

Hormonal effects of an antiestrogen, tamoxifen, in normal and oligospermic men.

Fertil Steril. 1978 Mar;29(3):320-7. Related Articles, Links

Vermeulen A, Comhaire F.

The administration of tamoxifen, 20 mg/day for 10 days, to normal males produced a moderate increase in luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), testosterone, and estradiol levels, comparable to the effect of 150 mg of clomiphene citrate (Clomid).
However, whereas Clomid produced a decrease in the LH response to LH-releasing hormone (LHRH), no such effect was seen after the administration of tamoxifen.
In fact, prolonged treatment (6 weeks) with tamoxifen significantly increased the LH response to LHRL.
Treatment of patients with "idiopathic" oligospermia for 6 to 9 months resulted in a significant increase in gonadotropin, testosterone, and estradiol levels. A significant increase in sperm density was observed only in subjects with oligospermia below 20 X 10(6)/ml and normal basal FSH levels. When basal FSH levels were increased or oligospermia was moderate (greater than 20 X 10(6)/ml); no effect on sperm density was seen. As sperm density increased, FSH levels decreased, suggesting an inhibin effect. Sperm motility was not improved by tamoxifen treatment. In five boys with delayed puberty, tamoxifen treatment appeared to activate the pituitary-gonadal axis and pubertal development.

Back