Off cycle maintenance or cut?

bigficker

Hey guys,

I've finished my first cycle 500mg Test e/week for 12 weeks. I am about 2 and a half weeks into my pct. On this cycle I went from 213 to 233 and now to 225 for the last week and a half.

I am lil higher bf than I am used to (around 16-17%) so wouldn't mind trimming down until november, but at the same time don't want to lose my hard earned gains.

My november cycle will be another bulk cycle too. If I should just maintain until then and start my next cycle at this body fat, so be it.

My question is, What do you guys do off cycle? Do you cut the excess fat you gained from your bulk or do you maintain what you can until the next cycle?

Last edited:
I was going to wait a week or 2 after my post cycle therapy (pct) do go into mait mode, then go into cutting mode. I have a competition in November, so have to cut the excess bodyfat. But I'd recomend just lowering back down to mait slowly. You don't want to go to quick lowering the calories during PCT, you may even wanna stay high. You may gain a bit of fat in post cycle therapy (pct) since getting off test, but this is the time your gains you've made are in the danger mode per say. They can easily go bye bye if your not eating high enough. So I'd rec just 2 weeks after post cycle therapy (pct) start lowering to mait.

Wait wait and wait... think of your body in a catabolic state right now, extra calories, carbs and fats help during this time. when your bodies testosterone is low and you go on a cut youll lose muscle.... keep food in take for months after, and limit cardio.... I personally do zero cardio during post cycle therapy (pct) other then sex and squats ;)

Keep a clean diet but maintain high cals no doubt til you recover, then go on a slow cut. Don't be in a rush," this isn't a sprint its a life long marathon-" words of dagawg

Wait wait and wait... think of your body in a catabolic state right now, extra calories, carbs and fats help during this time. when your bodies testosterone is low and you go on a cut youll lose muscle.... keep food in take for months after, and limit cardio.... I personally do zero cardio during post cycle therapy (pct) other then sex and squats ;)

Keep a clean diet but maintain high cals no doubt til you recover, then go on a slow cut. Don't be in a rush," this isn't a sprint its a life long marathon-" words of dagawg

Sex and 20rep squats are all the cardio needed. If you're not breathing heavy after either you're not doing them right!

Thanks for the responses. By maintenance I didn't mean maintenance calories. I guess I should have been more specific. I meant maintain my physique until the next cycle. I have been eating basically the same amount of calories as I was on cycle around 3850+. I am by no means looking to cut during pct. I am more interested in the time off between cycles.

agreed, dont cut, you'll lose all your gains, keep bulking, i read somewhere that you should wait roughly around 2 months after post cycle therapy (pct) before attempting to cut, also get blood work done then tooo

agreed, dont cut, you'll lose all your gains, keep bulking, i read somewhere that you should wait roughly around 2 months after post cycle therapy (pct) before attempting to cut, also get blood work done then tooo

If 2 months is the case I'd rather just keep bulking til my next cycle. Maybe a better question is should I cut off cycle ever, or just leave the cutting for when I am cycling?

If 2 months is the case I'd rather just keep bulking til my next cycle. Maybe a better question is should I cut off cycle ever, or just leave the cutting for when I am cycling?

up to you, but i think the usual method is bulk on cycle, cut off cycle or run 2 cycles a year and make 1 bulk and 1 cut, personally just bulk for life :p, just don't over do it

Wait wait and wait... think of your body in a catabolic state right now, extra calories, carbs and fats help during this time. when your bodies testosterone is low and you go on a cut youll lose muscle.... keep food in take for months after, and limit cardio.... I personally do zero cardio during PCT other then sex and squats ;)

How would this apply to someone who is on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and blasts and cruises, since there is no PCT or recovery? I ended my cycle yesterday, and went back to a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose today. My plan is to maintain my calories at the same level, and tweak up or down as needed. Sound kosher, or not?

How would this apply to someone who is on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and blasts and cruises, since there is no PCT or recovery? I ended my cycle yesterday, and went back to a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose today. My plan is to maintain my calories at the same level, and tweak up or down as needed. Sound kosher, or not?

good question! i cant quite answer this since with 100% certainty but i think maintenance should be good enough if ur testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) since ur test never really plumets under like 900ng/dl

This doesn't apply much to you since one of the problems during and right after PCT is your endogenous test production is not fully back online (unless you've checked it with blood panels). For you, your endogenous production is constantly being supplemented with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) so its not as big of a deal but I still wouldn't go straight into a cut. After you've made sure (via blood panels) that you're back to normal testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) levels is when I'd go I to a cut. When you blast, you're putting on extra muscle from that sudden increase in testosterone. When you go back to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) you still have test in you but its back to around 800-1000 levels (guessing here) no longer at 3000+ from blasting. Still a volatile time but not as bad as someone not on TRT.

I bulk when I'm on blasting and when I'm on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I cut...... it's good to be older! Lol

How would this apply to someone who is on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and blasts and cruises, since there is no post cycle therapy (pct) or recovery? I ended my cycle yesterday, and went back to a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose today. My plan is to maintain my calories at the same level, and tweak up or down as needed. Sound kosher, or not?

Your testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose will mimic your natural test levels. But remember your body has to maintain the gains so when you stop your blast keep the calories higher. Remember it's not just test levels, do a blast, maintain and let your hormones get stability again. If I was a blast and cruise guy i would cut during my blast personally

Your testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose will mimic your natural test levels. But remember your body has to maintain the gains so when you stop your blast keep the calories higher. Remember it's not just test levels, do a blast, maintain and let your hormones get stability again. If I was a blast and cruise guy i would cut during my blast personally

That's a very interesting opinion. I'm assuming you would do this so you could bulk for longer times (you'd probably be cruising longer than blasting), you would still have decent test levels during a cruise and bulk to put on lbm, and when you went to cut you could probably do so at a much more aggressive deficit thanks in large part to the supra physiological test levels during a blast making it a shorter cutting cycle??

Back