OU is going to suck more than usual this year

If Bomar had stayed, i think OU would of def been a national contender thiis year, with him at quarterback they got better and better every week, and played very well even beating a top 10 team in oregon during a bowl game

TxLonghorn said:
college football-wise.

Bomar-gone daddy gone
Quinn-gone daddy gone
Oline-what o-line?

hey Tx, 10 to 1 says they still beat out Texas for BIG 12 championship!! if you watch enough college football, you should know Stoops has something else in the works!!

jph said:
hey Tx, 10 to 1 says they still beat out Texas for BIG 12 championship!! if you watch enough college football, you should know Stoops has something else in the works!!

Lol, it's gonna get ugly in Norman this year, but it's gonna be oh so pretty come October in Dallas.

I'd say ou has about as much chance beating Texas this year as they do going back in time and beating us last year, which is to say, not much chance at all.

It's a shame stoops might ruin peterson's nfl career.

Seriously, how many olinemen do you guys have on scholarship? 6?

TxLonghorn said:
Lol, it's gonna get ugly in Norman this year, but it's gonna be oh so pretty come October in Dallas.

I'd say ou has about as much chance beating Texas this year as they do going back in time and beating us last year, which is to say, not much chance at all.

It's a shame stoops might ruin peterson's nfl career.

Seriously, how many olinemen do you guys have on scholarship? 6?

honestly i think it would be stretching it a bit to claim we even had 6...you do have a great point about peterson, i think stoops is taking a big chance with petersons future by depending on him as much as he does. i don't think he has ever really fully recovered before stoops puts him right back in! how many times did you see peterson playing last year with the ankle so heavily taped that it was to the point of being rediculous?? but all of this still being true...you do remember you guys don't have mr. young anymore don't ya!! that could doom texas right there!(lol)

Tsaunders said:
kstater? LAve come down to manhatten, i live in kc, well go to a game

i'm gonna guess that neither one of you guys like the raiders either...right? (raiders are my favorite NFL team)

jph said:

Damn, what are you smoking or inhaling?

Is it the works he had going last year? The works that involved the now starting quarterback and the loss to TCU last year?

10 to 1 --how many cups of kool-aid will you have to sell to pay that bet off.

texsun said:

Agreed.

I've been laughing my ass off all summer reading articles saying OU would be a frontrunner for the national title. Bomar hasn't impressed me, maybe he would've this year had he been able to stay, but what did these sportswriters see in last year's ou team that made them think ou would be that good? Especially with all the losses to the o-line?

And the only thing said about the horns is, well, they lost vince young, possibly the greatest college football player ever. What? Vince didn't even win the heisman. I love revisionist history.

But then they also say ohio state is another frontrunner, and didn't they lose half of their defense to the 1st round of the nfl?

Man, is one of the requirements of being a sportswriter is to do as much crack as motley crue?

texsun said:
Damn, what are you smoking or inhaling?

Is it the works he had going last year? The works that involved the now starting quarterback and the loss to TCU last year?

10 to 1 --how many cups of kool-aid will you have to sell to pay that bet off.

well i guess if i lose the bet i could always put your girlfriend out on the corner beside the kool-aid stand and earn a little more money from her...but judging from the way you said she looks it will still take a while to pay off!!

jph said:
well i guess if i lose the bet i could always put your girlfriend out on the corner beside the kool-aid stand and earn a little more money from her...but judging from the way you said she looks it will still take a while to pay off!!

LOL...it'd be faster than anyone you have to put out there. Maybe you better see if you can find some lawns to do to help you raise some money to pay off that bet. Hopefully you kept the bet small.

TxLonghorn said:
Agreed.

I've been laughing my ass off all summer reading articles saying OU would be a frontrunner for the national title. Bomar hasn't impressed me, maybe he would've this year had he been able to stay, but what did these sportswriters see in last year's ou team that made them think ou would be that good? Especially with all the losses to the o-line?

And the only thing said about the horns is, well, they lost vince young, possibly the greatest college football player ever. What? Vince didn't even win the heisman. I love revisionist history.

But then they also say ohio state is another frontrunner, and didn't they lose half of their defense to the 1st round of the nfl?

Man, is one of the requirements of being a sportswriter is to do as much crack as motley crue?

I know. It's like these national media folks can't wait to play up their traditional picks which are the Souheastern conf. or the pac-10 (well mainly usc). Now and then they they throw in a big east team (west virginia) or a big-10. It's like they have short memories or engage in wishful thinking.

Yes, Ohio state lost most of their defense. They return a few at the line.

Oklahoma was a joke of a pick. They have more or less the same team as last year, except maybe less of an offensive line.

Texas returns so much more talent on both sides of the ball. At least the coaches (poll) had a better idea....except they picked oklahoma 5th. I would have had OU 12th before the events of last week. Now, maybe 20th.

After the Bomar incident I don't think Oklahoma is going to beat Oregon to start the season. Playing at Autzen is no easy task. Oklahoma should never have been considered as a national title threat to begin with but whatever, teams like that always get slobbered over by the media.

jph said:
i'm gonna guess that neither one of you guys like the raiders either...right? (raiders are my favorite NFL team)
i'm a Bears freak...but yes i also subscribe to the Raider Hater Nation... :insane2:

Tsaunders said:
kstater? LAve come down to manhatten, i live in kc, well go to a game
kinda tough to get back there since i'm out here in PDX...but thanks for the offer...after the game you know we're goin to Aggieville :afro:

kstate_wildcat_lg-768076.jpg

texsun said:
LOL...it'd be faster than anyone you have to put out there. Maybe you better see if you can find some lawns to do to help you raise some money to pay off that bet. Hopefully you kept the bet small.

yeah, it's pretty small...hey, that's the same thing your girlfriend told me about your penis!!!

Back