overheating degrades hormone potency

KrazyIvan

hi guys

im fairly new to the hombrewing game, and i was reading through the sticky by dtone.

somewhere in that thread it came up that if you overheat your mixture in the oven, the hormone potency degrades..

simple question: is this true?

for example, test e melts at around 35 C°, if you put in the oven, in a mix with its BA & BB & oil, and heat around to 100° - is your test e then wasted?

any serious answer is appreciated

thank you

hi guys

im fairly new to the hombrewing game, and i was reading through the sticky by dtone.

somewhere in that thread it came up that if you overheat your mixture in the oven, the hormone potency degrades..

simple question: is this true?

for example, test e melts at around 35 C°, if you put in the oven, in a mix with its BA & BB & oil, and heat around to 100° - is your test e then wasted?

any serious answer is appreciated

thank you

Overheating definately is an oxidizing agent for hormones! Too much heat or prolonged heat will in fact begin to destroy hormones. Qustion is, how much and how long??? I've had the best success with MOST hormones at about 95 degree C for long enough that your powders dissolve in your BB an BA or just all your wets together!!! Once clear with no swirls then pull off the heat and continue stirring as it cools to about 65-80 degree or so for filtering!!!
I think baking is pointless and does degrade some weaker hormones and just any of the hormones in general!!! Not by much I'm sure but say 160 degree C for more than 2-3 min I believe you are degrading your hormone at that point!!!

thanks a lot jstark. i appreciate your answer.

small return question though: you say you put you oven on around 90-100 C° , but some hormones have rather high melting points (160 C° etc) ...do they dissolve fine in your experience then?

(i only made test, tren and nPP so far)

thanks again for your answer

br

K

Would this also apply for stove cooked?
I don't check my temp of water at all, just let it boil..
Not a good idea?

I do mine on the cook top and bring it to about 185F on my digital thermom. Which I think is around 80c

I hold it there for as long as it takes to melt the stuff in the beaker. because its electric cook top it floats of course as i turn it on and off, I would say between 190 and 170f

2 or so batches ago I rushed it, the mixture was still cloudy and it caused my first 3 bottles to remain cloudy, even after double bake at 350 deg.

YOU MUST wait and take the time nessessary for it to suspend in the oil. DONT RUSH :)

Once it is suspended I am unsure that you can hurt it much, even at 300 degrees.

I do mine on the cook top and bring it to about 185F on my digital thermom. Which I think is around 80c

I hold it there for as long as it takes to melt the stuff in the beaker. because its electric cook top it floats of course as i turn it on and off, I would say between 190 and 170f

2 or so batches ago I rushed it, the mixture was still cloudy and it caused my first 3 bottles to remain cloudy, even after double bake at 350 deg.

YOU MUST wait and take the time nessessary for it to suspend in the oil. DONT RUSH :)

Once it is suspended I am unsure that you can hurt it much, even at 300 degrees.

Understand,but if you let the water boil and once its done and let it go for another minute just to make sure, would that degrade the hormone?

Understand,but if you let the water boil and once its done and let it go for another minute just to make sure, would that degrade the hormone?

I myself am curious about this as well. I cook my gear stove top with boiling water till it turns clear(usually 10 min or so)

Lets put it this way, if you brew your shit at 80 degree C or freaking 200 degree C and then it clears all the way up and you give it another minute or so and then let it cool to 75-85 degree C and filter and the filtrate (finished product) does not haze over or have particulates in about 3 days then you heated enough. So........... If you boil your shit or use heating stirplate wtfe you do and you get it to dissolve and then some time and that equals 15 min and you make the gear and it works great and pins great then why the fuck would you ever think to heat it for longer??? Last I checked heat (fire) and things that are hot destroy stuff!!!! So if you can do a 15 min process that works, why extend it any longer no matter if it degrades the hormone or not??

Now, I have run brews at very short heating routes where I heated Test E (the fastest to dissolve) and withing 3 min the shit is dissolved and clear then immediately at about 80 degree C go to filtering it and then 3 days later having a particulate or hazy look to it!!! This is where heating wasn't long enough and sufficient enough to suspend the hormone in the solution!!! So then on the contrary I have also brewed shit and left it at 90 degree C for an hour or maybe an hour and 1/2 and the shit turned really dark!!! Dark signals oxidation or BURNT shit!!!! The stuff never crashed and the few who were willing to be pigs and take it to see what happened reported very little effects as if underdosing was involved!!!!

So heating for longer than necessary is senseless. Brew up some gear take notes and keep notes and then brew up some more and do shorter or longer with the heat and take more notes and then brew some more and take more notes and eventually believe me you will find that PERFECT spot!!!
Also, each hormone is different!!!! So some might require longer or shorter!!!!

I dont understand why you guys use water? Just put a pan on stove top and your beaker directly inside that. No need for water.

I have got vials from other places that were crashed and put them in a small amount of water with a vent but that's the only time I do it.

Back