Pain in glute

Irish Pride

This morning I was doing a glut shot. Never any problems there but this time it was diffrent.

Soon as I stuck it I had to pull it right back out because it hurt like crazy. I switched to the quad no problem but my glute is still very sore.

I have done prolly 30 glute shots and never any pain. Only thing I can think of is I felt I went to slow and kinda felt like it was ripping.

Any ever have this problem? I would much appreciate feedback.

was the needle dry? I like to let some of the oil drip down over the pin for lubricant. and like you said if you go too slow it hurts a litttle more.

blackjack said:
was the needle dry? I like to let some of the oil drip down over the pin for lubricant. and like you said if you go too slow it hurts a litttle more.

Not dry I had just givin it a good rub down with Alcohol. I I always wipe it down real good with rubbing alcohol. So it was lubed up with it.

Somtimes if the alcohol isn't dried it can sting, or maybe ripping through nerve and/or scar tissue?

Irish Pride said:
Not dry I had just givin it a good rub down with Alcohol. I I always wipe it down real good with rubbing alcohol. So it was lubed up with it.
WHAT! dont ever wipe your needle with anything. it comes out of the package sterile. once you touch it, its not sterile anymore. use a new pin every time and dont touch it.

I ran into the same problem and after research i came to the coclusion of scartissue and switched sides and then it worked fine..sounds like the same scenario bro..

HitItHrd21 said:
I ran into the same problem and after research i came to the coclusion of scartissue and switched sides and then it worked fine..sounds like the same scenario bro..

I think this must be it. I have no problem hitting left quad but I lack the coordination to use my left hand for left glute.

Any tricks on getting to that left side if your right handed?

Back