Pain in lower back

DLnicki

Went to the gym yesterday and started back with deadlifts and I hurt my lower back :( I was feeling a little soreness, but I thought.. As long as a train light I'll be ok. Why can't I listen to my own advice and take it easy?! I'm sooo mad at myself!!

Now I have a Pain I my lower back and I can't even bend down to tie my shoes. I took some ibuprofen yesterday and rubbed some tiger balm on it. Anyone have any other home remedies for the lower back? How long can I expect to be out?

Probably should have warmed up ur lower back with some light straight leg deadlifts. Not really any tips for healing. Just take it easy and no sudden movements. :)

Yea, I probably should have warmed up longer than I did... Or just put off deadlifts for one more week and let my back rest :) thanks for the advice

Definitely should warm up before DL's also you might want to check your form if you hurting your lower back..

Went to the gym yesterday and started back with deadlifts and I hurt my lower back :( I was feeling a little soreness, but I thought.. As long as a train light I'll be ok. Why can't I listen to my own advice and take it easy?! I'm sooo mad at myself!!

Now I have a Pain I my lower back and I can't even bend down to tie my shoes. I took some ibuprofen yesterday and rubbed some tiger balm on it. Anyone have any other home remedies for the lower back? How long can I expect to be out?
Common cause of back pain is usually tight glutes and tight hip flexors. Get those muscle loosened up (e.g. via A.R.T. , stretching, massage, foam rolling, etc). Doing that should help take pressure off your lower back.

Common cause of back pain is usually tight glutes and tight hip flexors. Get those muscle loosened up (e.g. via A.R.T. , stretching, massage, foam rolling, etc). Doing that should help take pressure off your lower back.

this i would recomend a steady pace walk on the treadmill followed by some dynamic stretches before u dead and finish with a roll on the FR. Also man up if u train with intensity ur always gunna have some aches . cant avoid it anyone who doesnt probabaly treats the gym like a coffee shop or is constantly looking the mirror, i pity them.
enjoy

how ironic, i was doing deadys today and i dunno wat happened but its been 3 hours since and my back is seezing up ,lower back that is ! fml

Thanks all for the info. It really helps! Diced, true true.... I hate the "coffee shop" gym attendees. Sorry to hear about your back, but man up! Haha jk :) I took some ibuprofen for the swelling and rubbed a little bit of tiger balm on it and it's been helping. I've been training other body parts and just staying mindful of the lower back, but my stretching is non existent ... I really need to start doing something

ice to take down the swelling.... then warm moist heat
once you feel alittle better sit in a chair and cross your legs like a guy with ankle on your knee and then lean forward... it will stretch the muscles that go from your lower back down your glute. hurts like hell if you are tight but feels great after you do it for awhile. hope you are feeling better....missing gym days BLOWS

Back