Painful injection soreness help!

I did my first ever dose of 400mg/1.6ml of test e on sun evening. Drew it up and then i changed the needle to a fresh 22g 1.5" so that the end is sharp. I went into the bathrm and stood sideways to the mirror. Im sure i did it VG properly. Didnt feel anything.

Mon thruout the day, a bit of soreness but it wasnt anything to be of concern. Woke up mon shortly aftr midnite. I had like 7-8/10 pain on my rt glute. Couldnt put wt or pressure on it when laying down or walkin. Almost fell in the bathroom too. I was so exhausted from the pain that i didnt even sleep. Called in sick since i do a lot of walking at work. I had a slight chills too. Took tylenol 1000mg mid morning, took a long nap..im a bit better now but still limping :(

Im now so afraid of giving this coming sundays 400 mg dose on my lt glute.

So running the syringe barrel under hot water should help????

Do you think my gears bunked??

I did my first ever dose of 400mg/1.6ml of test e on sun evening. Drew it up and then i changed the needle to a fresh 22g 1.5" so that the end is sharp. I went into the bathrm and stood sideways to the mirror. Im sure i did it VG properly. Didnt feel anything.

Mon thruout the day, a bit of soreness but it wasnt anything to be of concern. Woke up mon shortly aftr midnite. I had like 7-8/10 pain on my rt glute. Couldnt put wt or pressure on it when laying down or walkin. Almost fell in the bathroom too. I was so exhausted from the pain that i didnt even sleep. Called in sick since i do a lot of walking at work. I had a slight chills too. Took tylenol 1000mg mid morning, took a long nap..im a bit better now but still limping :(

Im now so afraid of giving this coming sundays 400 mg dose on my lt glute.

So running the syringe barrel under hot water should help????

Do you think my gears bunked??

I'm thinking you should split that up to two .8ml injections and stop pinning with a harpoon! :p

You did a ventral gluteal by yourself Wow I can't even find the spot since you need the opposite hand on the hip
You probable got some pressure on the nerve with that size dose of crystal loaded 400

You did a ventral gluteal by yourself Wow I can't even find the spot since you need the opposite hand on the hip
You probable got some pressure on the nerve with that size dose of crystal loaded 400

Ive done (and will be doing more) VG on other people so i have an idea when i look in the mirror and imagine where the V would be

So i should split up the dose then as someone suggested? Maybe i should try DG??

So dart like motion doesnt apply?

Depends on how you throw a dart! :p A 22g needle is significantly larger than you need to use to inject testosterone or any other AAS in my opinion. I personally just push the needle into my site and almost don't even notice it breaking the skin anymore. The only time I ever get PIP is when I'm using prop (it's the devil) or really high quantities of oil/high concentration gear.

In your case, you're using a larger gauge needle, an intermediate amount of oil and a high concentration of gear at the same time into what is likely virgin muscle. I don't think using the "dart technique" is going to help you much aside from getting over any anxiety as once it's in, you'll be less apprehensive about the entire procedure. Splitting it up into two smaller injections a week will not only help to keep your levels more stable throughout the week (reducing estrogen conversion due to a spike in test), but it'll be less oil at once into your muscle. If that is still unbearable, try an ibuprofen BEFORE you inject with a benadryl - that should help calm down your body's natural defense mechanism to trauma.

My .02c :)

use a smaller needle.. 23"+.. head the sauce up a good amount. slow and steady is key while injecting. Personally, i dont "dart" it.. i inject slowly and carefully in. Stings a bit at first but once you break through the skin and get into the muscle, u dont feel a thing.

embrace the pain. You're stabbing yourself with a sharp object and injecting a foreign substance in your body. It will react lol. My shoulders hurt like crazy when i first pinned them, but now they barely feel any pip at all the next day.

Yea in fact every time I've ever pin test it has always been in the glute. I just flex my glute to find the muscle and look in the mirror to find the spot then relax the muscle before I pin. Its not that bad once you do it a few times. By the way my soreness has went down a lot. Its still there but I can walk without pain lol. I've found that heat and light stretching help with the soreness.

Edit: I just seen that you were replying to someone else lol

Last edited:
I do have a dozen or so 1" 23G needle. That should be sufficient instead of the 22G 1.5" i was using?

I've always used 1.5 pins for glutes but im sure 1 inch will work just fine. I'm switching to 25G 1.5 and the last pin was a 23G 1.5. If i ever do a quad or delt i'll use a 1 inch.

Had the same problem. was using 23g and was sore as hell for 4-5 days. grabbed some 25g and its painless now. im on my 6th week of my first cycle

thats crazy right? prop has destroyed me the past 3 weeks but today i switched from 23g to 25 and i barely feel a thing!

So you like the 25G that much better? I defiantly using 25G for my next pin!
25g-1" ftw. I started with 23's but after moving to 25's I haven't looked back. I know a few guys that use 29/31's exclusively, but I don't know if I'm patient enough for that!

i always pin the muscle i am bout to workout. helps me out a lot but 500 per ml damm bro.. stick to 300 tops

i always pin the muscle i am bout to workout. helps me out a lot but 500 per ml damm bro.. stick to 300 tops

Yes, next cycle i'll get test E 300ml. I'll just have to man up and take the pain plus Sunday will be my third pin so my glutes should start to get used to it.

Also my oil is much thinner the most test and i'm thinking if it would be even better to use a 29G. What do you think?

Last edited:
21G to draw (seems to help save the tops) 25g to pin. i add 0.2ml of grape seed oil warm the barrel with hot water and either pin a muscle I'm about to work or apply a heating pad or hot shower/bath.

Back