Pectoral Minor problems

Tylerrrr

I am 18 years old, 5'5, 120 lbs, really low BF. I am in need of a chest workout that can help me get my left pectoral minor looking the same as my right. As you can see in the picture (steroidology.com/forum/members/tylerrrr-albums-body-picture546648-body.jpg) there is a "dent" as I call it on the inner part of the pec. Is there anyone that has some helpful information ? This is my chest workout.
(sometimes I switch up the sets, but these are around what I would run)

Bench press 5x5
DB Bench press 3x10
Incline DB flyes 4x8
Push-ups 3xfail
Cable flyes- 5x5

Any modifications would be nice!

Thanks

how long have you been doing this routine? not to sound like a dick, but it clearly isn't working. stop spending all your energy jumping around all over the place. if you've got enough left in you to do all that other horse shit after flat bench 5x5..... you didn't go heavy or intense enough. you're spinning your wheels. The only other chest exercise I would do after bench if i wasn't already puking is cable flies. squeezing exercises are better for chest development IMO than any pushing. just 2 or 3 sets of ten at a moderate weight to finsih off your workout is fine, just really focus on using your chest for the movement and use that mind muscle connection. stop with the incline and db press and pushups and all that other bs. get under the bar and push like your life depends on it. what weight are you using for the 5x5 and what is your 1rm?

^^^and when i say flies are best for chest development i mean size and that well rounded look. it does jack shit for strength carryover into your bench.

I'd say you lack Decline DB and/or Bench Press. I remember when I started lifting I've never done decline for almost a year because I didnt have a bench for it and when I finally did, what a difference it made! Also you might want to add more close grip presses and some alternate cable flys to really get the inner part burning. I'd say lift some more, perhaps even eat a bit more, you are very lean which is not always the best thing to gain muscle.

Doesn't look like a pec minor problem to me but it does look like you are very delt dominant with your pressing. Your going to have to drop your ego and start light but you want to pull your shoulders BACK and DOWN first off when flat bench pressing. Then focus on squeezing your chest, use a light weight initially for 15 reps to get a good pump going so you can more easily feel your chest working. Once you get the form down aim for 5-8 reps to build mass in your chest but remember you need to use your CHEST not your delts/arms which most people do. Starting with a pre-exhaust technique with dumbbell flys would work too but make sure you keep those shoulders back i can guarantee you press with a rounded back you show all the development to give it merit. Hope this helps you out!

Here's an entire video series that lays it all out, follow it correctly and you will get a better chest and be a ton stronger.

I'd say you lack Decline DB and/or Bench Press. I remember when I started lifting I've never done decline for almost a year because I didnt have a bench for it and when I finally did, what a difference it made! Also you might want to add more close grip presses and some alternate cable flys to really get the inner part burning. I'd say lift some more, perhaps even eat a bit more, you are very lean which is not always the best thing to gain muscle.

eat more? definitely. lift more? i wouldn't say that. decline is where it's at, allows you to lift more weight and you are still targeting the chest. a lot of people believe decline is for the bottom of your chest, flat for the middle and incline for the top. wrong. it's all one muscle. the top of my chest has been sore after a decline session before. however the close grip is more for your triceps. it's actually going to take your chest out of the equation.

eat more? definitely. lift more? i wouldn't say that. decline is where it's at, allows you to lift more weight and you are still targeting the chest. a lot of people believe decline is for the bottom of your chest, flat for the middle and incline for the top. wrong. it's all one muscle. the top of my chest has been sore after a decline session before. however the close grip is more for your triceps. it's actually going to take your chest out of the equation.

I feel like the heavier i go on flat dumbbell bench the more shoulder irritation i get. Decline i feel like my chest is super strong though, i'm highly considering going to decline again, i made better progress doing it and felt a lot more safe on my shoulder. I had to invest in dumbbell hooks though because some decline benches really lock you in and it's difficult to get heavier dumbbells up unless you have 2 people.

Back