Penis shrinkage due to hormonal problems - will i recover size?

I'm still not buying what you're selling dude. AAS doesn't shrink your penis and post cycle therapy (pct) doesn't make your penis grow....plain and simple. I would think your doctor would confirm that for you if you simply brought the subject up to him/her. Either that or laugh you out of his office.

The guy has not took any aas and is not saying his cock shrunk.

Your libido is probably shot right now and your just not getting much blood flow to your little guy. Itll all return to normal after you stop taking that shit.

The guy has not took any aas and is not saying his cock shrunk. Your libido is probably shot right now and your just not getting much blood flow to your little guy. Itll all return to normal after you stop taking that shit.

I was fully aware of that dude. I addressed it in my initial post. He still seems to think that doing some sort of post cycle therapy (pct) is going to make his penis larger. It's bullshit. He may have some hormonal problems but I call bullshit that his penis got smaller when he started having those issues.

I was fully aware of that dude. I addressed it in my initial post. He still seems to think that doing some sort of PCT is going to make his penis larger. It's bullshit. He may have some hormonal problems but I call bullshit that his penis got smaller when he started having those issues.

Do you actually bother read these posts?

I said my penis HAS shrunk due to finasteride messing me up.

I have sky high estrogen and have had for a year.

I need to take anti-estrogens and a SERM (clomid or nolvadex) to lower my SHBG and boost my LH/FSH. That is similar to a HPA programme. It's NOT a post cycle because i never cycled but its is similar.

Why would you call bullshit about my shrinkage? It's hardly fun posting this stuff up. This is pretty common from finasteride. Look at propeciahelp.com/forum if you don't believe me.

I'm still not buying what you're selling dude. AAS doesn't shrink your penis and PCT doesn't make your penis grow....plain and simple. I would think your doctor would confirm that for you if you simply brought the subject up to him/her. Either that or laugh you out of his office.

You're a bit of a simpleton aren't you?

Firstly, wtf would doctors know? I know about 10x more about endochronology than my GP and he wouldn't even try argue with that. GP's know NOTHING about AAS or PCT's.

Secondly, i didn't imply AAS make your penis grow.

I was asking if anyone knew whether correcting an hormonal problem that HAS reduced penile size, will mean one regains their ORIGINAL size. Different story altogether.

Perhaps you should educate yourself by reading what Dr Pezzi says:

Q: I am writing to you because my doctor is an idiot. I'll explain why in a minute. I am 47 years old, healthy, have usually one beer each evening, never use drugs, don't smoke, and I haven't gained any weight. I see my doctor once yearly for an annual checkup. So far, so good, except for one thing. My penis is shrinking. It doesn't look as big, or feel as large when I grasp it with my hand, even when it is fully erect. I mentioned this to my doc, and he told me that penises don't shrink. Well, mine did. It's about ¾ inch shorter, and ½ inch less in circumference. My doctor thought I measured wrong. No way. I work as a machinist, and routinely measure things to an accuracy of less than one-thousandth of an inch. There is no way that my measurements are wrong. I must have measured my penis at least a dozen times when I was a teenager, and I've checked it several times in the past few months. There has been a definite size decrease, so I know my doctor is just plain wrong about his statement that penises don't shrink.

My questions are: 1) Why did my penis shrink? 2) What can I do about it? 3) Why do doctors say that penises don't shrink, when they clearly do? I assume I am not the only man who has experienced this problem.

A: You are not alone. I'll tell you about a 62-year-old patient I saw in the ER years ago. As I prepared to insert a catheter into his penis, I asked his daughter to step out of the room. He said, "That's all right, doc. She can stay in here. There isn't much left to see. It used to be large, and now it's just a shriveled up noodle. But I'm proud of what it did. It gave me two beautiful children." This revelation about the shrinkage piqued my curiosity, and I would sometimes ask other patients if they had the same problem. Amongst older men, this was surprisingly common. This caused me to wonder why so many doctors cling to the belief that penis size is fixed at the end of puberty. I know of a few cases in which there has been a documented size increase (I discuss why in my book), and many more cases of shrinkage. Tissue shrinkage is actually a very common accompaniment of aging. Breasts shrink, the vagina shrinks (unless estrogen is given after menopause), the brain shrinks, skin and bones thin, muscles atrophy, lips shrink, testicles shrink, we become shorter, and so on. In spite of this, physicians routinely maintain that penis size does not change. The penis of an average 88-year-old man is just as large as it was on his 18th birthday? Hogwash. Doctors are wrong. Don't be too surprised, though. This isn't the first medical myth to crumble under the weight of objective scrutiny. For example, there is the myth that the average body temperature is 98.6° F. That is not true, but many docs are seemingly ignorant of circadian temperature variation and research which indicates that the average body temperature is not 98.6° F. If doctors can be deceived by the body temperature myth, it is not surprising that they can be duped in regard to age-related changes in penile size — a far more esoteric subject.

Doctors routinely see men in their flaccid state, rarely inquire into their erect size, and almost never discuss if there's been any change in size. With this in mind, I have a difficult time understanding why physicians feel qualified to make a sweeping generalization that penis size is immutable. They believe that to be true because they heard it from another doctor, who just passed on what he heard from another doctor who also didn't know the truth because he was just relaying a myth that he'd heard or read from someone similarly uninformed. Is this any way for learned professionals to behave?

Why did your penis shrink? That could result from decreased testosterone and especially dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is derived from testosterone. DHT is known to be the primary catalyst for penile growth. Physicians are taught in medical school that this is important only before the end of puberty; once the penis develops, it'll maintain that size forever. I know that is wrong, and it frankly doesn't make any physiological sense to me. As I discuss in my book, the body continuously rebuilds itself. If your house could do the same thing, it could tear off an old shingle and replace it with a new one. In time, your house would replace all of its shingles, and you'd have a new roof. Your body does a fairly good job of renewing itself until you hit middle age, at which time tissue regeneration begins to sputter. After a few more decades, this process slows even more. Wounds heal more slowly, and muscles take longer to regenerate after exercise.

If the cells and molecules in your body were not broken down, you could live off sugar water.
You wouldn't need protein. But you do require dietary protein and other nutrients because tissue destruction and regeneration constantly occur. This process is more rapid than you might imagine, because your body recycles some of its building blocks. Only a fraction of the recycled material is lost in the urine or feces.

The bottom line is that the vast majority of the molecules in your body weren't there a year ago. The old ones are gone, and new ones have taken their place. Even bone, which may seem as active as a fossil, is torn down and rebuilt. The penis is no exception. Let's think about this logically. If DHT is critical for stimulating penile growth (and it is), why would this matter only before the end of puberty? Isn't there still a receptor for DHT after puberty? Yes, of course. Once DHT binds to the receptor, doesn't it affect DNA transcription, as it does before puberty ends? Yes, of course. However, physicians who contend that penis size is fixed after puberty would have you believe that it doesn't matter if your DHT level is zero, or if you have DHT bubbling out your ears. Can you think of any other example in which the level of a hormone is totally immaterial to its target tissue? I can't. I graduated in the top 1% of my class in medical school, so I am not ignorant about how the body works. Hormones exist for one reason: to influence their target tissues.

In reality, the penis becomes less sensitive to DHT after puberty, but the sensitivity is not zero. Thus, the DHT level can influence penile size, but to a much smaller degree than it could before the end of puberty, when the penis was still very sensitive to DHT. As I mentioned before, I don't think the DHT level matters after puberty in regard to penis size, I know it. (If any physician or scientist doubts this, put your money where your mouth is. Let's wager a million dollars. You'll lose.)

After reading all this, you might think that increasing the DHT level is the way to go. It may help a wee bit, but there is a much better secret that I accidentally discovered. I discuss this topic in The Science of Sex. Using this method, your penis won't just be larger, it will be exquisitely sensitive, and sex will feel much better. Your libido will increase to the point that you would be called a nymphomaniac, if you were a woman.

Besides DHT, other factors influence penile size. Genetics obviously matters, but it is pointless to discuss them because this is not under your control. In terms of what you can influence, DHT is the most important factor, but there are others. I won't reiterate everything I said in my book, but I will briefly mention other things that make a difference: other hormones, hormone transport proteins such as sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and albumin, cadmium, zinc, antiandrogens, phytoestrogens, exogenous estrogens, endogenous estrogens, xenoestrogens, obesity, numerous drugs and chemicals, collagen, elastin, and a dozen other factors.

Pay particular notice to the bolded part where he says DHT is a huge element in all of this. Guess what? Finasteride inhibits DHT. DHT is what nourishes your penis. This is why people have actually taken DHT cream in attempt to increase their penis size (likely with varying success!!)

"Why did your penis shrink? That could result from decreased testosterone and especially dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is derived from testosterone."

Or it could be the fat gained in the lower abdominal area, above the penis due to high estrogen, therefore the shrinkage of penis when measured. Furthermore, if erections are not as hard, one also loses girth too. Hence, this does not necessarily mean shrinkage.

Commonly this is the complain among those who suggest penile and girth shrinkage:

"Despite no changes in my diet, I also have
been gaining a lot of fat around my abdomen that I cannot lose no
matter how much I exercise."

"I've lost really noticable penis girth due to high estrogen/high SHBG/low DHT/low free testosterone thanks to finasteride."

Collin did not mention if he gained a lot of fat, likely he did with low levels of test and high estrogen.

Last edited:
You're a bit of a simpleton aren't you?

Firstly, wtf would doctors know? I know about 10x more about endochronology than my GP and he wouldn't even try argue with that. GP's know NOTHING about AAS or PCT's.

Secondly, i didn't imply AAS make your penis grow.

I was asking if anyone knew whether correcting an hormonal problem that HAS reduced penile size, will mean one regains their ORIGINAL size. Different story altogether.

Perhaps you should educate yourself by reading what Dr Pezzi says:

Pay particular notice to the bolded part where he says DHT is a huge element in all of this. Guess what? Finasteride inhibits DHT. DHT is what nourishes your penis. This is why people have actually taken DHT cream in attempt to increase their penis size (likely with varying success!!)

Me a simpleton? Excuse me douche, don't come on here and start your namecalling. You are the one implying that some sort of PCT will make your penis grow or make it bigger than it is now. If you know so much, then why are you posting such a dumb thread on an anabolic steroid board? If doctors know nothing and you seem to know everything, then figure it out on your own and quit bothering us with your stupid thread. What exactly does any of this have to do with AAS use? You don't use AAS so why come here and post something this stupid in a forum that has absolutely nothing to do with any of what we do here? What exactly are you looking to gain? You don't trust doctors but yet you want to go and post this on a steroid board and find answers? You sir, are an idiot. I'm done talking to you and wasting my time on this worthless thread.

Me a simpleton? Excuse me douche, don't come on here and start your namecalling. You are the one implying that some sort of PCT will make your penis grow or make it bigger than it is now. If you know so much, then why are you posting such a dumb thread on an anabolic steroid board? If doctors know nothing and you seem to know everything, then figure it out on your own and quit bothering us with your stupid thread. What exactly does any of this have to do with AAS use? You don't use AAS so why come here and post something this stupid in a forum that has absolutely nothing to do with any of what we do here? What exactly are you looking to gain? You don't trust doctors but yet you want to go and post this on a steroid board and find answers? You sir, are an idiot. I'm done talking to you and wasting my time on this worthless thread.

Considering some people turn hypogondal from AAS use, such hormone problems, i thought, wouldn't be completely foreign on here.

I do trust the right doctors, you just have to source the best of the best which is what i've done. I'm being assisted by an endochronologist.

Relax man.

"Why did your penis shrink? That could result from decreased testosterone and especially dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is derived from testosterone."

Or it could be the fat gained in the lower abdominal area, above the penis due to high estrogen, therefore the shrinkage of penis when measured. Furthermore, if erections are not as hard, one also loses girth too. Hence, this does not necessarily mean shrinkage.

Commonly this is the complain among those who suggest penile and girth shrinkage:

"Despite no changes in my diet, I also have
been gaining a lot of fat around my abdomen that I cannot lose no
matter how much I exercise."

"I've lost really noticable penis girth due to high estrogen/high SHBG/low DHT/low free testosterone thanks to finasteride."

Collin did not mention if he gained a lot of fat, likely he did with low levels of test and high estrogen.

in bold! thanx!

Considering some people turn hypogondal from AAS use, such hormone problems, i thought, wouldn't be completely foreign on here.

I do trust the right doctors, you just have to source the best of the best which is what i've done. I'm being assisted by an endochronologist.

Relax man.

never has this been proven, alot get this natty, dotn mean its from aas and even if it was THATS THE FUKIGN BALLS NOT YOUR DICK SHRINKING. you will habe eruecction issues with low test but just because you dont get as hard dont mean it shrunk lol

I've lost really noticable penis girth due to high estrogen/high SHBG/low DHT/low free testosterone thanks to finasteride.

When i rectify this, will my penis regain its original size?

Right now my member feels "malnourished" and sad for the lack of a better description.

I read that the penis is developed muscle tissue so aslong as such shrinakge was short term (as opposed to 5-6 years) then it should come back naturally.

Anyone have first hand experience with anything like this?

Opinions?

You just have a small dick.

never has this been proven, alot get this natty, dotn mean its from aas and even if it was THATS THE FUKIGN BALLS NOT YOUR DICK SHRINKING. you will habe eruecction issues with low test but just because you dont get as hard dont mean it shrunk lol

That you JP for reading what I read. He clearly was trying to say his penis got smaller due to some hormonal problems and was in a roundabout way thinking PCT would make it bigger again.

Relax man.

Call me a simpleton and then tell me to relax? I got nothing else to say.

Your penis doesnt shrink. You could have a variation depending on the temp and how hard you get. Hormones can effect how hard you get but its still the same size.

Your penis doesnt shrink. You could have a variation depending on the temp and how hard you get. Hormones can effect how hard you get but its still the same size.

I know that this isn't completely true though, from personal experience. I accept people's disbelief on here, though, because i suppose what you're saying is the conventional belief - atleast for the layman.

Without a shadow of a doubt I have loss in size and form both erect and flaccid.

Penis atrophy is a symptom of androgen deprevation. It is likely that androgens are vital for the development, maintenance and function of penile tissue and regulation of erectile physiology.

Back