Pfizer Test Cyp: Help me figure out these percentages

Hugh Jerection

The listed ingredients uses a combination of mLs and mgs, and I don't know how to convert and just get percentages. I'm trying to determine what I'm allergic to, the cottonseed oil as carrier, or perhaps a high amount BA. Here is how they list it in the official prescribing information:

Each mL of the 200 mg/mL solution contains:
Testosterone cypionate..................................200 mg
Benzyl benzoate............................................0.1 mL
Cottonseed oil..............................................560 mg
Benzyl alcohol (as preservative).....................9.45 mg

So, can I just calculate the BA as a percentage of the Test plus Cottonseed oil plus BA? This would come out to around 1.2%, but that doesn't seem right. I guess I'm confused by them using mLs to measure the BB, and yet then they use mgs to measure BA, which is also a liquid.

Last edited:
The listed ingredients uses a combination of mLs and mgs, and I don't know how to convert and just get percentages. I'm trying to determine what I'm allergic to, the cottonseed oil as carrier, or perhaps a high amount BA. Here is how they list it in the official prescribing information:

Each mL of the 200 mg/mL solution contains:
Testosterone cypionate..................................200 mg
Benzyl benzoate............................................0.1 mL
Cottonseed oil..............................................560 mg
Benzyl alcohol (as preservative).....................9.45 mg

So, can I just calculate the BA as a percentage of the Test plus Cottonseed oil plus BA? This would come out to around 1.2%, but that doesn't seem right. I guess I'm confused by them using mLs to measure the BB, and yet then they use mgs to measure BA, which is also a liquid.

Hey mate,

To calculate the BB%, you take the BB volume in each dose and divided by the total volume of each dose.

BB volume/dose: 0.1ml
Total volume/dose: 1ml

BB%: 0.10 or 10%

Note: The reason we don't use the cotton seed oil for the calculation is because

1) It's a mass, not a volume. The BB is given in volume.
2) Even if the cotton seed oil given as a volume, it's still not the total volume.
(Total volume = oil volume + BB volume + BA volume + Test Cyp powder volume)

To calculate the BA percentage, you basically do the same thing as we did for BB.

But because they gave us the BA in mg (a mass) instead of ml (a volume), we just need to convert mg to ml.

Step 1: Convert mass to volume:

Mass = Density
-------
Volume

Which is the same as...........

Mass = Volume
-------
Density

Step 2: Google the density of BA:

BA density: 1.044g/c3, aka......... 1044mg/c3

aka.......................................... 1044mg/ml

Step 3: Put the numbers into the formula:

9.45mg BA
----------- = Volume
1044mg/ml

So the BA volume is: 0.009ml BA

Now that you have converted the BA into volume (0.009ml BA), you can calculate its percentage in each dose of 1ml Test Cyp:

BA volume/dose: 0.009ml

BA%: 0.9%

Last edited:
To calculate the BA percentage, you basically do the same thing as we did for BB.

But because they gave us the BA in mg (a mass) instead of ml (a volume), we just need to convert mg to ml.

Step 1: Convert mass to volume:

Mass = Density
-------
Volume

Which is the same as...........

Mass = Volume
-------
Density

Step 2: Google the density of BA:

BA density: 1.044g/c3, aka......... 1044mg/c3

aka.......................................... 1044mg/ml

Step 3: Put the numbers into the formula:

9.45mg BA
----------- = Volume
1044mg/ml

So the BA volume is: 0.009ml BA

Now that you have converted the BA into volume (0.009ml BA), you can calculate its percentage in each dose of 1ml Test Cyp:

BA volume/dose: 0.009ml

BA%: 0.9%

Beautiful explanation. THANK YOU.

Back