Please help - injury

IFBBPro

Competing soon...
My right pectoralis is injured. Actually, its not pectoralis, its a part of biceps that is
connected and firmed into pectoralis muscle, thats what my doctor sad.
About 8 weeks ago I felt pain while I was doing bench press. The next training pain
was much worse, so I stayed away of doing chest for about 10 days. After that, next
training was OK, but another training pain started again. After 3 weeks pain was
really bad. My friend, who is a doctor, told me to stay away for 2 weeks of doing
chest and gave me some kind of cream to put every night on right pectoralis. I
listened to him and after 2 weeks, training was ok, no pain. I was really happy.
Today, I warmed up very good (20minutes as always), and 1st set with 310lbs (that
is not a big weight because I can do 10 reps with it) finished very bad. Now the pain
is back again. Its very bad.
I am very depressed because I am preparing for my 1st contest in May. As I sad I wasnt doing chest for a long time, I wanted to heal it. But unfortunatelly the injury is back
again. I dont want to stop doing chest for a longer time (or mabe I should) because I will be very weak and I will fuck up my chances for contest. I am already weaker after 2 weeks of rest for about 15lbs.
I want your advices people. If someone had similar problems etc. Or maybe I should stop doing bench press and focus on other excercises for chest (dips, pullover) after I rest my pectoralis for sometime…??
Fucking Superdrol, it gave me so much strength and that’s why I injured myself in the first place.

i do have a similar problem, but this is for my glute\ham...I took time off and it was good, then i started to squat yesterday and the pain was back.

I actually may go see a doctor to see what the hell it is.

Trust me i know that feeling, it got me down big time also.

Hope you heal up good and dont stress it brotha i am sure you will be back at it in no time

I hope so too... as Schwarzenegger sad: I ll be back! :)
I had a trapezius injury in the past.. and sometimes I can still feel the pain, but its not a big deal. But this injury is more serious...

IFBBPro said:
Today, I warmed up very good (20minutes as always), and 1st set with 310lbs (that is not a big weight because I can do 10 reps with it)
Just because you can do 10 reps with 310 doesn't mean that it is any easier on your joints or that it is a good initial warmup set. Especially when you are having an issue with injury like you are, you should be warming up with much less weight.

Injury is one of the athletes biggest enemies. I don't have any real advice, but I want to wish you the best of luck.

Back