Pointers on running Deca while on TRT

Rockymtn

I am banned!
Looking for advice on running Deca while on TRT. Don't want to get blood work screwed up & have doc pissed enough that he pulls my scrip.
I am 40 & have been on trt for over a year. I am all dialed in with 240mg of cyp/week (prescription). Looking at running an 8 - 10 week blast of deca 300 in addition to my trt dose of cyp.
I don't have blood work scheduled for another 4 months. I have read that deca can stay in your system for up to a month.?
Any opinions / advice you guys can send my way would be awesome!
Thanks

Many on here are more experienced than I. I run my TRT at 200 mg per week with 200 mg of deca (split into 100 mg doses 2x per week). My estradiol went up slightly when I added deca, but not much. (I take 1.75 mg of anastrozal weekly/split into .25 mg daily doses).

My estradiol sits around 20 (sensitive assay). I'm not sure what doing a blast with deca will do. I've been told deca does not aromatize as much as test. You will definitely retain water with the type of blast you are describing. All my other labs are good on this regimen

Any others with input? Halfwit!!??

Last edited:
Deca can stay in your system for up to one year. This is because the metabolites are Usually stored in fatty tissues. As a result a positive drug screen can come up up to a year later. However, for those who cycle deca, it is suggested not to start PCT until after three weeks of stopping taking deca.

The following was taken from "Steriod Profiles" from this site..

Remember not to begin post cycle therapy (PCT) until after Deca has been withdrawn for around three weeks. Deca stays active for quite some time so the ancillary drugs will not be able to exhibit their optimal effect when the steroid is still being released into the bloodstream. The major drawback for competitive purposes is that in many cases nandrolone metabolites will be detectable in a drug screen for up to a year (or more) after use. This is clearly due to the form of administration. Esterified compounds have a high affinity to stay stored in fatty tissues. While we can accurately estimate the time frame it will take for a given dose to enter circulation from an injection site, we cannot know for sure that 100% of the steroid will have been metabolized at any given point. Small amounts may indeed be stubborn in leaving fatty tissue, particularly after heavy, longer-term use. Some quantity of nandrolone decanoate may therefore be left to sporadically enter into the blood stream many months after use. This process may be further aggravated when dieting for a show, a time when body fat stores are being actively depleted (possibly freeing more steroid). This has no doubt been the cause for many unexpected positives on a drug screen.

I hope this helps...

Deca can stay in your system for up to one year. This is because the metabolites are Usually stored in fatty tissues. As a result a positive drug screen can come up up to a year later. However, for those who cycle deca, it is suggested not to start PCT until after three weeks of stopping taking deca.

The following was taken from "Steriod Profiles" from this site..

Remember not to begin post cycle therapy (PCT) until after Deca has been withdrawn for around three weeks. Deca stays active for quite some time so the ancillary drugs will not be able to exhibit their optimal effect when the steroid is still being released into the bloodstream. The major drawback for competitive purposes is that in many cases nandrolone metabolites will be detectable in a drug screen for up to a year (or more) after use. This is clearly due to the form of administration. Esterified compounds have a high affinity to stay stored in fatty tissues. While we can accurately estimate the time frame it will take for a given dose to enter circulation from an injection site, we cannot know for sure that 100% of the steroid will have been metabolized at any given point. Small amounts may indeed be stubborn in leaving fatty tissue, particularly after heavy, longer-term use. Some quantity of nandrolone decanoate may therefore be left to sporadically enter into the blood stream many months after use. This process may be further aggravated when dieting for a show, a time when body fat stores are being actively depleted (possibly freeing more steroid). This has no doubt been the cause for many unexpected positives on a drug screen.

I hope this helps...

Yes, it helps! Thank you for the info.
Do you know if these detectable metabolites show up on regular blood work that my trt doc would order for me say... 30-60 days after my last deca injection?

It will NOT show up unless he specifically tests for the metabolite. During standard TRT blood tests (Testosterone Free and Total, CBC, estradiol, SHBG etc) it will Not show up.

Those who need to worry are those being tested for PED and are under strict testing guidelines. From what you are explaining, I think you will be ok.

Except 10 wks is short for deca. You need about 5 weeks for it to start showing itself in your physique. By 10 weeks it's really working and you are in the zone.
12 wks is betterrible and 14 to 16 is great. Obviously you have a limited window to work in. Perhaps use npp either to Kickstart your nandrolone gains or use it through out. Now if you decide to use it throughout then maybe you can sneak in an extra week or 2 cause npp can clear your system faster than decanoate.

But also according to what had been discussed so far you may be able to just use the deca Ester for longer but whatch for elevated hematocrit when u go for bw

If you only have 16 weeks, I wouldn't recommend going with Deca. You could do NPP if your heart is set on Nandrolone, but that means much more frequent pinning and it costs a lot more.

Keep in mind that Deca causes a false positive with the ECLIA assay for Total Testosterone. So your doc will think you TT is extremely elevated if you are on Deca when the blood work is run.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/reviews/k093421.pdf

You could just blast test or something else that has a shorter half life than Deca.

WOW! Let me just say... I feel blessed! Mega you are chock full of amazing info & we all value your input whenever we get it. ! I wish I could apprentice under someone as smart as you!

I'm leaning toward the NPP as everyone boasts about the joint support & would like putting on a little mass. BUT I am a rookie, (& in my 40's) so that's why I'm here asking for input from my big bro's.

Maybe I'll go with what mega says, look into some test prop, primo, etc... Stuff with shorter half life since my window is shorter. I know I'm not experienced enough to mess with tren yet, but while we are talking about compounds with shorter half life, what affects would tren have on blood work (for others that might be reading this & thinking about tren)? & I know we're all different, but does anyone know how long the "average joe" would typically have to wait for those affects (if any) to return to normal?

I know there are other Bros on TRT that are or will be in my same boat, so hopefully some can learn from this down the road as I know I have learned from others that have come before me.
Remember, first things first though, if you have a doc working with you & he has you on a scrip, take a good year or so to get dialed in on your protocol & Bloodwork (as well as your estrogen levels as many docs don't monitor it in their blood tests that they order). Do all this before ever messing with "additional blasts"!

Guys, Thank You for the info..

By the way, This freaking website kicks ass!

Why not just up your test dose? I'm a newbie as well, so I'm asking out of curiosity. Is stacking that much more effective? Doesn't sound like you would have the time for that either given 16 wks, but I'm more curious as to why everyone wants to add another compound.

Why not just up your test dose? I'm a newbie as well, so I'm asking out of curiosity. Is stacking that much more effective? Doesn't sound like you would have the time for that either given 16 wks, but I'm more curious as to why everyone wants to add another compound.

no point in upping the test dose . if you've been working with a doc for a year and you've got your test dose completely dialed in and blood work consistent ,, then don't mess with the test .

run a separate compound along side your TRT. Your going to be much better off running a short ester , that way you have plenty of time (8 week is all you need with a short ester) , NPP or Masteron P , would be a good option

-with NPP you'll need to worry about more aromatization and estrogen increase as well as possible prolactin . so you may need to modify your current AI protocol during the run.
-with Masteron , there is no conversion to estrogen or prolactin issue possible . no AI needed.

Last edited:
Tren will cause a false positive reading as estradiol if the ECLIA assay is used. LC/MS/MS assay is fine though. Tren will also trash your lipids

If you are a newbie to blasting I would just go with Test or or do what Roush suggested and keep test at a TRT dose stacked with another compound. It just depends on how much time you have, what your goals are and how good your are at managing estradiol. The nice part about the latter approach is that you can run a non-aromatizable compound. But a lot if guys just don't get the same "wow" factor when Test is run at a TRT dose. Personally, I would suggest blasting test the first cycle and try running two compounds later. Test is pretty awesome.

You don't have to go with Prop. You have plenty of time to run Test E or C. The half life is much less than Deca.

Don't get deca dick shutdown. Deca cycle 7 years ago is why I need TRT to begin with. My sex drive never recovered. I'm not horny with my natty test level around 250-300, or on 300mg test a week, or 200, or 100.
Deca f'd me up.
Be careful.

Don't get deca dick shutdown. Deca cycle 7 years ago is why I need TRT to begin with. My sex drive never recovered. I'm not horny with my natty test level around 250-300, or on 300mg test a week, or 200, or 100.
Deca f'd me up.
Be careful.
I'm already on TRT anyway.

when do you start your cycle?

Decided to hold off for a bit... work is absolutely nutz right now. Working 10 & 12, sometimes 14 hours a day 7 days a week! And when you can't dedicate the discipline needed to gym time & diet, what's the point? Work will die back down in about a month, so it's ok.
Wouldn't hurt to give my body more time & let it adjust to all the changes it has experienced just from being on TRT anyway.

I also plan on adding some deca to my trt. I take 150mg of cypionate, and want to add 150mg of deca. My question is , should I split this to two injections per week. What I mean is , 150 of test, wait 3 days then 150 of deca. does this sound reasonable? I only want to add the deca for joint relief....

I also plan on adding some deca to my trt. I take 150mg of cypionate, and want to add 150mg of deca. My question is , should I split this to two injections per week. What I mean is , 150 of test, wait 3 days then 150 of deca. does this sound reasonable? I only want to add the deca for joint relief....
How is your trt going brother? Did you add more test than deca to the mix to get the Johnson working?

Back